skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedMar 25, 2013 1:53 pm   Last edited by skull12580 on Apr 16, 2013 6:30 pm. Edited 2 times in total

[Ended]Our Beginning Tale

A story contest about a beginning...

Winners:
1st: Liedean
2nd: Cidfrieg
3rd: adol795

The Event:
Every story begins somewhere. Write the story of you and your Digimon (either how you first met, your first adventure, or any other "first"). You are free to write about more than just the game--don't just say that you found the egg after killing a mob and put it in the incubator--be creative and imaginative. Also, post a picture of both you and your Digimon described in the story in an ingame screenshot.

Prizes:
1st place: 700 AP worth of items
2nd place: 400 AP worth of items
3rd place: 200 AP worth of items

I will be handing out the items myself. The winners will pick the item(s), but I will not go over the allotted amount and the items must be able to be traded. If you are a winner, please be patient with the delivery.

Format:
Code:

Character Name:
Image:
Story:

If you need help uploading a picture to the site, look here.

Ending Date:
The contest will run from today, 3/25/2013, until 4/12/2013 9:00 PM PST.

Rules:
No cheating or plagiarizing. This includes using entries made by you to any other contest.
The entry must be between 250-1,000 words.
One entry per person.
If it is not forum appropriate, it is not eligible.
You can only win once.
Prizes and rules are subject to change.
Have fun.

Judging:
I will do all the judging, but I may consult others if there is a tie. Creativity, imagination, and the amount the story engages the reader will be heavily considered. Grammar is not really a consideration when judging, but try to keep errors to a minimum so it doesn't distract the reader from the content. The picture of you and your Digimon will not be included in judging, but is required.

Questions?
Post below and I'll do my best to answer.

Advertisement

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedMar 25, 2013 2:43 pm   Last edited by rinsha on Mar 25, 2013 2:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
ooooo i like the look of this

*reserved for the work in progress*

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedMar 25, 2013 2:46 pm
rinsha wrote:
would i be allowed to write it in 3rd person? or from the point of view of the digimon?  

Surely. It is your story to write--be creative. Just make sure to include at least three important details: A Digimon you currently have ingame, some type of humanoid partner for your Digimon (in most cases this would be your character or you), and the focal point of the story being around a beginning of something.

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedMar 25, 2013 6:35 pm   Last edited by novasiriflame on Mar 26, 2013 9:44 pm. Edited 2 times in total
Character Name: Mona

(Total Word Count: 919)

Dark Tower Wasteland.

Dry, desolate, filled with wild Digimon of varying shapes and sizes. To be honest, I was afraid of this place when my team and I first set foot here. The evil energy radiating from the looming black obelisks in the distance, the hallowed winds that blew the dry ground apart. It all felt unwelcoming, and ever so unsettling.

That first journey I'll never forget, especially learning about how the black domes blocked ones ability to Digivolve. An action many take for granted until they realize it is no longer in their arsenal.

~

Ira, my Gaomon, was uneasy the whole trek through the Western edge of Western Village. We'd been dispatched there after our success in dealing with the Ruler of Western, the rather large and quite well ornery 'SaberLeomon'. Dealing with any rabble along the roads was a walk in the part for both of us. As if the resident Coredramon decided we were wise to attack, that is.

But it was only a matter of time before the small cave at the northern most end of the valley that we truly started to show some signs of worry. The cave radiated dark, and rather unwelcoming energy. Ira showed his immediate distaste, but a mission was a mission. And we pressed forward.

We were met with a very unforgiving landscape, more so our eyes were met with horrific black obelisks that loomed far in the distance ahead of us. Around them pulsed vile black domes of energy. Both Ira and I were unsure what to make of it, and did out best to avoid contact with these odd baubles. Ira often voiced his unease, even as we made our way to the far back of the curving canyons. Reves was too young at this point to care, he sat safely within my Digivice while Ira took the blunt of this harsh landscape like a true warrior. They still get into scraps about that even now.

'Kurata better know what he's sending us to do.' Ira spoke up with little hesitation. He was always blunt, very forward in his words and opinions. There had been a few times the rambunctious Gaomon had clocked the annoying Doctor square in the face. 'If this sends us to our Deletion, then I swear I'll come back and haunt that goofy glassed geek.'

I just shrugged and gave a slight laugh at his words. His human was a small sparkle in this bleak wasteland.

Waving through the various patrols of wild Digimon, Okuwamon and even the imposing WarGreymon; but we soon met with our destination. To be honest, our hearts dropped when we realized Kurata had meant for us to enter one of the many black domes.

However, before I had a chance to truly look through the barrier, to test the water so to speak. One of the larger WarGreymon chose this as the time to turn around and lock us in it's sighs. Ira yelped as the larger armored Digimon brought it's claws down on the both of us. The metal clashed with the ground ad Ira tackled me through the barrier. Our only real escape.

Much to our surprise, the wild Digimon did not follow us in. It hesitated before slowly backing away. Strange how even it seemed deterred by the inky black vortex. The pass through seemed to leave us un-phased, well aside from myself. My knee was slightly scrapped thanks to Ira's 'heroism' of pushing the damsel out of the way of the large metal Dragon Man's claws.

Ira on the other hand, seemed fine. Not at all phased by the odd barrier. However, he was looking at something.

I stood up and traced his gaze. I noted that the obelisk had one particular Digimon around it's base. There were several of them. Veemon? I think they were called. Little blue baby dragon looking Digital Monsters with white underbellies. But these ones seemed... off. Different than the ones I had seen with fellow Tamers around the DATS center. There was an unnatural red tint within their eyes.

'Welp. Let's get started.' Ira pounded his boxing gloves together. I remembered at that time that Kurata wanted us to gather data on the odd Digimon in the barriers. Well, a mega beating up a bunch of rookie Digimon didn't seem glamorous at the moment. But it was work.

I clutched my Digivice, and prepared it for Digivolution but.. Something was wrong. Something felt wrong.

Ira looked at me oddly for a moment. 'What are you waiting for? Digivolve me!'

'I.. can't?' I shook my Digivice a few times. Nothing. No glow, no reaction. It just blinked the time back at me. Completely unresponsive. 'Nothing is happening. It was working before we-' I paused, and started thing. And it seemed Ira was on track with me as well.

'Could that be what these black domes do? Could they.. block Digivolution?' Ira inquired. He looked to the barrier, then back to me. It was a good guess, and how right he was; as we later found out on our return.

'Well. If that's the case, then Kurata has some explaining to do when we get back. Let's get to work'

Well... We tried at least. Ira was beaten back, not used to combat after staying so long within his form of MirageGaogamon. We had been forced to retreat at the time, returning to DATS to lick our wounds and hopefully return in the future to complete our work.

~

robotkilerz

Rank 0
robotkilerz
PostedMar 25, 2013 11:28 pm   Last edited by robotkilerz on Mar 26, 2013 9:28 am. Edited 2 times in total
Character Name: Cube

Image:

Story:
It all started when I was watching Digimon, on Kids Fox 11. Seeing how all those kids got a digimon of their own with just a wish. I started wishing for a digimon of my own. Finally, one day when i was surfing the online web. I saw a digimon game called " Digimon Masters " . It was like a dream come true , and i quickly signed up for an account. All of a sudden i was digitalized, upon arriving in the digital world , i was given a choice of one of the 4 digimons and a mystery egg. After learning the steps to hatch a digimon , I successfully hatched my first Patamon. Patamon was my favorite digimon in the Anime series. With my first patamon , I went out on quests to the digital world , officially becoming a dats member. Patamon and I had our taste of the tough battles. Fighting (leaders)digimons , they were stronger than we anticipated . However, that didnt stop us from following our dreams and thus digivolving into the great Seraphimon. The bonds we got together grew the more we fought . We were like a blaze of flame that kept growing as long as oxygen was being added , just like our souls were one together that are bounded like my clothes. After spending a lot of time with my first digimon , I understand that Digimons also have souls. We as humans shared digisouls with our digimons and feel the pain as they get hurt also. It pains me to watch the Digimon Emperor harming his only digimon , I hope the bonds that I share with Patamon can reach out to him soon. We will not stop until all of the Digital World is purified from Darkness. Digimons can live together with humans as one , that is the dream i hope to fulfill while im still able to travel to the digital world. However, I can not stay in the digital world as long as i want because my body will be fatigued and disentegrate. Thus , I would have to return to the Real World where i would have to worry about education and finding a career for myself. Only when I can become a scientist to work at Dats center , I would have found a career fitting for myself and take care of digimons like Patamon. Overall, my wish has been granted to receive a digimon of my own and I will continue fighting for peace in the digital world." Fighting off evil and letting Justice prevail ", as Angemon would say.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedMar 25, 2013 11:31 pm
robotkilerz wrote:

Please remember to follow the format to be considered an entry!
Code:

Character Name:
Image:
Story:

Tsarius

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 8:52 am
Why does it have to be a digimon that we have in-game?

juderainell

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 9:21 am
May I use a picture as a design to the texts I will create?

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
PostedMar 26, 2013 3:42 pm   Last edited by skull12580 on Apr 08, 2013 11:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Tsarius wrote:
Why does it have to be a digimon that we have in-game?  

There are several reasons for this, but the main reason it helps me keep track of the Digimon being used. While I know any Digimon would be ideal, I think it should also be related to the game by more than just concept. If you feel you can make a valid case arguing why you want to do a certain Digimon that isn't in the game, send me a PM and I may perhaps make the exception (this goes for anyone particularly invested in a certain Digimon).

Edit: As someone has kindly pointed out, I may have misread your initial response. However, if you do not have access to the Digimon in any way and would like to do the story regarding it, please PM me and I will consider the exception.

juderainell wrote:
May I use a picture as a design to the texts I will create?  

Sure. Do keep it mind, however, this is not an art contest and thus the picture/font will not be considered in judging. I personally think it would be cool, though.

lildoug

Rank 0
lildoug
PostedMar 28, 2013 3:25 am

:3

story time wooo
Character Name: Blake

Image:

Westen Area:East

A Desert filled with lots of digimon, caves,few trees some dead some probally alive,cactus, Mining area, places to rest at, digimon farms and other suprises filled with mysteries,this is where i found MachGaogamon and knew that we would be friends forever

Story:

it all started with me living in the digital world,i was raised by digimon,i started growing up through the years and all the digimon were nice to me,we were in a huge tree which is our home, we would do adventures and play \o/ and eat, we would also do things to help out people if they were in trouble, Agumon made a team and name them the DigiHero Squad the others had a name too it seemed like everybody was paired up but not me :c i felt so lonely,i would go ask them if i could join they team, but as soon as i do they're busy with something...One day all the digimon were talking about this lost digimon in a dark scary cave, Agumon and his team tried to help him out but the lost digimon glared at them and growled and said GO AWAY!!!. it scared them so much,he had such a powerful aura around him, he wasnt in the mood to talk,so they decided to leave,when they came back home, they told all the digimon what happened, i eavesdropped of course xD and heared what Agumon was saying, when he told all the digimon what had happened they tried to see if they could do it, so they prepared themselves and left the tree, they set out their journey to the dark and scary cave but even they couldnt help him all the digimon kept trying harder and harder but it seems that the lost one didnt care, so they gave up and went back to the tree,when they got back they told Agumon and his team that they couldnt help him Sad, Agumon said i guess we cant do anything about it lets move on to something else, for now lets go to sleep im tired, i was shocked!! heroes that saves other digimon gives up on an opportunity like this whats wrong with them, i asked if i could do it but Agumon said NO!!! i kept askin but he said go to sleep and for the 5th time NO!!! i was sad, few days passed by and it was raining i was wondering if the lost digimon had eaten i was so scared i couldnt stop thinkin about it, so i decided tonight ill sneak out when all the digimon are sleep.i grabbed some food and sneaked out the tree, i went to the dark and scary cave and there i saw the lost digimon it was a MachGaogamon, soon as i enter the cave he started growling then he glared at me he didnt say anything yet, i said to him i bet youre hungry^^ he yelled Get out!!! the ground was shaking and his aura was dark but felt scared in a way, i was sad but still i put the food on the ground close to the entrance of the cave, i said ok and i walked away, when i left i hid behind this huge rock he slowly walked near the food and he was nibbling on it ,was cute xP i was happy he liked it, so i started doing the same thing everynight, Agumon figured out i was gone tho, when i came back home Agumon questioned me, i told the truth and he said dont ever go there anymore, i said no, i argued about it told him that MachGaogamon is really kind hes just not in the mood to trust people yet just give him time, Agumon sighed, he said OK, but if he hurt you im so gonna kill him, i was happy that i could see MachGaogamon again, so i grabbed some more food and went out again, this time i sat by the cave it didnt bother MachGaogamon much, while he was eating i asked him his name, he didnt speak, so i started telling him about myself and who i am, i also told him how i felt lonely like an outcast all the digimon would be nice to me but somethings that i asked to help them out with theyd say no, i felt like nobody cared anymore about me and cried a little,MachGaogamon scooted closer to me and said...DemonicFlame ,i said huh, he said , my name is DemonicFlame, i smiled when he told me his name, he tried to cheer me up and say dont worry i bet ur friends care about you, i know my master didnt she would hurt me all the time then laugh and pick with me all the time, i would sometimes have bruises and scratches, she had me in a cage, she even would sometimes throw rocks at me while i was in the cage or in the cage sleeping, one day i decided to use HowlingCannon on her and escape now im here and scared to come back-he cried so much when he told me that story now i know why hes so upset and scared- i hugged him, he stopped crying and was thinkin-why is he so nice to me after i yelled at him-, i said its ok she was a bad master no one should treat a digimon like that, -i decided to take DemonicFlame to home- hey! how would u like to eat at our place^^ DemonicFlame said i dont know if i can trust anybody, i said its ok ill protect you i promise you can count on me :3,i grabbed his paw and we went home he was supried about it being a huge tree, he saw all the digimon there too he was shy tho so he hid behind me i said its ok, everybody was amazed that i got him out tho before i could get him to talk to everyone i let him meet my mom (Lillymon) and dad (Angelmon) he was suprised that they were digimon and was wondering why am i with digimon, my mom and dad talked to him privately about that was long ago when they were moving mom heared crying coming from the forest she couldnt find the actual mother and father so she raised me as her own the digimon was kinda not liking how a human was living with them but theyve adapted to it but they would sometimes just whisper saying rude things about him or sometimes bully him he had it rough but somehow he still smiles even tho people pick on him :c , DemonicFlame finally understanded why i was so nice he felt sad and sorry that he yelled at me that he apologized to my mom and my dad, they said its ok and showed him around our home,dad said the digimon here are nice some of them are a pain but you get used to it xD DemonicFlame said what about the bullies? dad said those guys are long gone we chased them out, its peaceful here now,DemonicFlame was happy that the bullies were gone when mom and dad were done with showing DemonicFlame the home and the digimon they came back to me i said welcome back mom and dad did i miss anything, DemonicFlame was crying and rushed to me and hugged me, he said im so sorry i yelled at you i didnt know that u dealt with all that long time ago, i said its ok from your story i felt the same way and it made me think of how people treated me the same way, DemonicFlame looked into my eyes and could see that we understand each other, DemonicFlame said Blake will you be my friend, i was suprised but also happy,i said yes ill be your friend,DemonicFlame made amends and let all the digimon know that he was sorry, they forgave him tho,he was so relieved, i was happy to see him smile then i thought why not make a team, i said DemonicFlame ? lets make a team just me and you and well do journeys together and have lots of fun, DemonicFlame said ok, and we named it TeamBlake, and now were doing good through out the days we did so many things and saved so many digimon since we made a team, i hope this never ends.