ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMar 25, 2013 10:21 am

Farm: Harvesting Numbers

Does the "Stealing" system really help or hurt???
The purpose of this post is to help clear a few things for people that get upset on a regular basis that others have "stolen" crops from them.

Here is a screen shot of some quick calculations I have done based on a 24 hour period using Lv2 Superior Gold Seeds, a 9-slot farm, 200 Steal Attempts, and a Lv1 Land Upgrade.

These are just estimates based on my experience. The numbers may vary higher or lower based on individual's experience. Please note that the totals are based on Minimum and Maximum productivity and your actually daily total may not be included in my calculations.

Feel free to comment and/or correct me if I have overlooked something important.

Love what you do and do what you love.
Advertisement

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedMar 26, 2013 1:44 pm
Very interesting! Looking forward to seeing more discussion and info on this. Personally, I don't mind the "steal" system. If you steal from people and people steal from, I don't feel like you are really losing all that much. (And I don't mind sharing) But I know this issues seriously bothers a lot of the players.

Muzii12

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Muzii12
PostedMar 26, 2013 2:01 pm
well stealing hurt to usually players who hv sm special seeds planted or buyed by balen..otherwise..not many really bother wid stealing...wen game was new it was a hot topic but now a days none really care...^^

but nice calculation...but i hv seen myself harvestin crop below 10,500 gold and even stealing gold above 1700+ so it might be sm +/- sometime..^^

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:40 am
Muzii12 wrote:
well stealing hurt to usually players who hv sm special seeds planted or buyed by balen..otherwise..not many really bother wid stealing...wen game was new it was a hot topic but now a days none really care...^^

but nice calculation...but i hv seen myself harvestin crop below 10,500 gold and even stealing gold above 1700+ so it might be sm +/- sometime..^^  

This is still a hot topic at times on Server 2.

I myself have special seeds planted often. Usually I keep track of when they are done maturing but there are times when I either forget or I simply have trouble logging on. In those cases i congratulate whoever got to my seeds before I did.

I have found occasions when I have "stolen" roughly about 400 gold which is lower then I included in my calculations. Usually I just move on and not steal from that farm for a few hours. It is possible to steal more then 1,600 but I'm assuming it depends on the individual's level of Land Upgrade. The 10,500 sum after max steal is based on the 30% I've been hearing and experiencing myself. I do not know under what circumstances you will lose more then 30%. Could it be that you were using lower seeds then I have in my calculations?

Love what you do and do what you love.

Muzii12

Muzii12
PostedMar 27, 2013 10:43 am
ToBeFeared wrote:
Muzii12 wrote:

This is still a hot topic at times on Server 2.

I myself have special seeds planted often. Usually I keep track of when they are done maturing but there are times when I either forget or I simply have trouble logging on. In those cases i congratulate whoever got to my seeds before I did.

I have found occasions when I have "stolen" roughly about 400 gold which is lower then I included in my calculations. Usually I just move on and not steal from that farm for a few hours. It is possible to steal more then 1,600 but I'm assuming it depends on the individual's level of Land Upgrade. The 10,500 sum after max steal is based on the 30% I've been hearing and experiencing myself. I do not know under what circumstances you will lose more then 30%. Could it be that you were using lower seeds then I have in my calculations?  

ok maybe my land level is 5..tat might hv affected it

Saveric

Saveric
PostedMar 27, 2013 11:02 am
If weeds and pests are on your crops as when they pop to be gathered it will lower the crop by 10% per Weed and 10% per Pest.

Muzii12

Muzii12
PostedMar 27, 2013 11:44 am
Saveric wrote:
If weeds and pests are on your crops as when they pop to be gathered it will lower the crop by 10% per Weed and 10% per Pest.  

okay that answer on why i harvest less than 10,500 but still question remains how i steal more than 1770+ frm L2 gold seed...due to my higher farm level?

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 27, 2013 12:01 pm
Muzii12 wrote:
Saveric wrote:

okay that answer on why i harvest less than 10,500 but still question remains how i steal more than 1770+ frm L2 gold seed...due to my higher farm level?  

Some people already have a level 7 farm, which yields more gold.

The amount you steal is based on 10% (rounded in favor of the stealer, so for example a yeild of 11 will give a steal of 2, thus reducing the yield to 9 - this was being experienced with pumkins on high level farms) of the current yeild of the farm. The first to take a steal will always get the most. The first steal reduces the yeild thus making the next steal slightly less and so on. Each plot can be stolen from 3 times.

If your farm readies while there are pests/weeds on it, as Saveric said you will lose 10% for each pest/weed. Once you have lost this initial 20% you can then lose additional crops from 3 more steals.