spritesage

Rank 0
spritesage
PostedMar 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Grand Fantasia Android/iOS Version

Can aeriagames create grand fantasia games for android. i really love the games..
Advertisement

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 24, 2013 9:38 pm
Well, there are mobile games that Aeria publishes. But, I don't think that there will be a phone that can fully support an MMO for a long time.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 25, 2013 3:15 am
minuzaki wrote:
Well, there are mobile games that Aeria publishes. But, I don't think that there will be a phone that can fully support an MMO for a long time.  

There are actually some MMO's for my iPhone, but they are highly unstable and unless you're tethered, good luck.

Let's give an example. Minecraft is both available on your laptop, and on your mobile device, however you cannot play mobile to computer and vice versa. The mechanics are different, interfaces are different...basically to take a game like GF (that's been out for years now) and try to make it adaptable for iOS or Android is just not worth it. It's better played on a PC.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:00 am
minuzaki wrote:

That is totally BS haha

I found a way around this with an iOS app called Splashtop2 (Remote version) which enables me to play GF in full graphics, sound etc via my iPhone 5 and iPad's it's not one bit laggy when I'm at home using it across my home network nor is it too laggy using it from work etc.
The UI can be a pain at first but if you're willing to drop a few dollars then you can download and personalize your gaming controls etc otherwise you can still use your tab bar, move around, left and right click etc as normal on the free version except I think that only works when your computer or laptop and iOS device are using the same network.

There are other ways Aeria could enable user abilities to tablet and Smart/iPhone users however I highly, highly doubt Aeria would ever consider the options available for that as they would need ALOT of developer work to be able to fully monetize and create a subscription based way of people accessing their "F2P" games via tablets and smart/iphones.

Splashtop has also enabled me to play GW2, DotA and Diablo2 via my iOS devices easily they also claim to allow usability to many other games like WoW, LOTRO and the list goes on which I'm yet to try...

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:11 am
minuzaki wrote:

Have you seen new phones? :c

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:18 am
iBambi wrote:
minuzaki wrote:

Have you seen new phones? :c  
Yea. And what I meant was games such as Grand Fantasia, or other games Aeria hosts.

I have stated this before, I believe that there will one day be a phone that can support "massive" MMO's such as this one, heck, I forget which, but I think the Samsung Galaxy S 8 was released in one country. It's huge and it looks like a cellular phone. At least, that's what I've heard from a friend. *Shrugs* who knows.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:26 am
minuzaki wrote:
Yea. And what I meant was games such as Grand Fantasia, or other games Aeria hosts.

I have stated this before, I believe that there will one day be a phone that can support "massive" MMO's such as this one, heck, I forget which, but I think the Samsung Galaxy S 8 was released in one country. It's huge and it looks like a cellular phone. At least, that's what I've heard from a friend. *Shrugs* who knows.  

The game itself doesn't need to have a mobile phone version to be played on a mobile phone. To answer the OP, Grand Fantasia do not have a mobile version of the game and most likely never getting one, but there's cell phones good enough to play MMO's on already. Samsung Galaxy S is currently on their 4th version. Your friend must be lost.

walmazi

Rank 4
walmazi
PostedMar 25, 2013 6:52 am
You have many options at the moment, all of which will work to varying degrees:

• At the moment RDP'ing through a local or remote network is the only functional way. I.E: what sku is doing above. Highly dependent on network, internet speed. Useful if you do have good internet, etc. Splashtop2 is your best RDP client. Least recommended way however.

• Consider getting a Surface Pro, it uses a Windows 8 OS and architecture is Intel aka you can run GF normally! Huzzah. Best, but most expensive way. Playing on a tablet ftw!

• Consider getting a Intel-architecture tablet and installing Linux, then installing WINE and configuring an external controller to control GF controls. Will work, but you will not see any water particles (I promise).

• Getting a laptop-tablet convertible.... boringggg. But will also run GF for sure.

Biggest issue is the architecture of the device you want it on. Sad

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
PostedMar 25, 2013 9:27 am
mobile train your guardian sprite app

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 25, 2013 9:56 am
SnowVerse wrote:
turtle2257 wrote:
mobile train your guardian sprite app  

I'm imaging the overly adorableness of this kinda App.

"Welcome back, Master! I've been waiting for you! What kind of tasks shall I do today?"
With it running and bouncing around all happily with a Grin on it's face.
omfg.  

Sprite version of "Kick the Boss."