filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 26, 2013 5:03 pm
The Developer is aware of current issues and concerns, but fixes cannot be made over night. It requires some time.

Advertisement

Insequor

Rank 0
Insequor
PostedMar 26, 2013 5:07 pm
filipvarga wrote:
The Developer is aware of current issues and concerns, but fixes cannot be made over night. It requires some time.  

Absolutely right. The complaints are a dime a dozen but I don't think these kids understand the immense amount of coding behind MMORPGS. Nor the duties of game developers. At least they're aware of the situations players bring into the limelight. Patience is a virtue.

This update looks exiting as well. Smile

leebrave2

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 5:35 pm
Insequor wrote:
filipvarga wrote:

Absolutely right. The complaints are a dime a dozen but I don't think these kids understand the immense amount of coding behind MMORPGS. Nor the duties of game developers. At least they're aware of the situations players bring into the limelight. Patience is a virtue.

This update looks exiting as well. Smile  

They dont have that much to do, cheap developers results in slow fix times

The games not new 2009 released in Japan if im not mistaken (not under this name), Which explains the lack in things we should see nowadays for generic MMORPG style games.

The translation etc has just been poorly done due to using cheap developers etc sadly Aeria seems to have become very bad in the past few years when it comes to new games and customer happiness - Greed for money seems to be the main thing now instead of retaining repeat customers

razzzeh

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 6:02 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
razzzeh wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Oh ..... And games that implement Free PK typically do not do well, unless they implement channels. I have yet to see an Open PK game without Channels to move to.  
Sry but you just haven't played enough mmorpgs then.  
Gotta say +1 to what Razz said..

razzzeh wrote:
I agree with bryan fury that friendly fire should be off. If it's gonna be ffa it'll be some messy fun, but not competitive or strategic...  
Also mind about what i suggested.. it's not that far from the actually change we are gonna take.. Link  

I encourage you to list successful PK enabled games that do not have more than one channel.  

kalonline and PW. The latter had much better open world pk system. Both had great GvG systems (or alliance vs alliance)

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 26, 2013 6:13 pm
razzzeh wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
razzzeh wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Oh ..... And games that implement Free PK typically do not do well, unless they implement channels. I have yet to see an Open PK game without Channels to move to.  
Sry but you just haven't played enough mmorpgs then.  
Gotta say +1 to what Razz said..

razzzeh wrote:
I agree with bryan fury that friendly fire should be off. If it's gonna be ffa it'll be some messy fun, but not competitive or strategic...  
Also mind about what i suggested.. it's not that far from the actually change we are gonna take.. Link  

I encourage you to list successful PK enabled games that do not have more than one channel.  

kalonline and PW. The latter had much better open world pk system. Both had great GvG systems (or alliance vs alliance)  
PW as PerfectWorld? It had a mediocre PvP system, but with heavy penalities..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 27, 2013 1:36 am
razzzeh wrote:

I don't know kalonline, but I know 100% PW has channels. I played that in 2008 and it had channels even then. So does FW.

The reason I bring up channels, is because PK tends to get out of control. What players do to get away from the PK is the leave Channel 1 (the default one). If they don't they can't ever even grind, because every 2 minutes they are dead, killed by someone 4 times their level.

P.S.: I've been researching Kal Online, and it appears to be a game more like Shaiya: Open pvp. That is different than PK. Also, it appears there are maps where pvp is not enabled. That is why it doesn't have channels.

And from what I remember of PW, it's not PK enabled either. Pvp is requested.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 27, 2013 2:21 am
Bryan.Fury wrote:
DAOC and L2 are two successifull games that did lead the mmorpg for a lot of times about the great PvP mechanics made, and still does..  

From what I see, DAOC is not a PK game. It's basically what alot of players are suggesting for DKO: a three Realm game. PVP is based on Realms, and exists in specific "frontiers" that are Pvp enabled. The PVE areas are not. At least from the 20 some odd websites and videos I watched. Also, supposedly content killed it.

Lineage you have a point. However, Lineage had major drawbacks to PK, namely loss of stats, and an increased odd of losing valuable items. This was probably what DKO's original PK system was based upon, as we used to lose serious stats when we PK'd. But, now we don't. So unless you are suggesting DKO brings back the PK Penalty of losing stats, the two games do not have a parallel.

(It's also important to note: something serious happened in L2's PK development that made them change it. Players first complained heavily about PK, and then got the Karma system implemented. And then Players complained and got it reverted. Aparrently it created more trouble than it was worth. Most of its players are also Asian.)

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 27, 2013 4:05 am
The PK-Toggle should be removed as no one ever uses it and probably no one will ever use it. Free for all is also not as tempting and fun as Group/Guild/Faction based PvP in a specific Open PvP Area.
The new dungeon will have such an area, if they do it right, it could be a success.

Arsalem

Rank 1
Arsalem
PostedMar 27, 2013 6:12 am

Change is good.

however
Idk Flip,

I know I still use the burning spirit pk buff every time I'm outside a safe zone, so I'd prefer that stayed. I'd even be lenient with them mixing it up, say:

Every time a player defeats another player in combat, they get a stronger level of buff.... Like "spirit", "burning spirit", "blazing spirit" etc.
So if the new regions pk style was anything like that i wouldnt complain. I would be saddened to see the toggle removed though from the rest of the game.

Courtesy of Emralyn, Lalaheat & filipvarga <br> GL- LucidDream

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 27, 2013 7:00 am
The PK-toggle is being used for the buff of course, but not for its main purpose - PvP.

The new PK-Area will be Open World, means PK is automatically toggled when entering that specific Area, same as in RvR.