gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedMar 24, 2013 10:42 am   Last edited by gmebilfish on Apr 16, 2013 9:46 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Lost City Rakshtoom

Deep within the Rakshtoom Mine, the entrance to the Lost City can be found.

Map of the Lost City

Archaeologist Camp

Pretty moon ;D

Hmm..what are they? Statue?

...this thing better not come to life...

Wonder what's inside...

Ooo treasure room

Woohoo~! Found the biggest treasure chest ever! Now how to take this home.....

Dwarf Arbalester

Dwarf Shaman

Dwarf Holy Knight

Be extra careful in the new maps.

In the FreePKZone, you are unable to attack your fellow party members and Guild members.

Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 24, 2013 11:44 am
Open PK!!
Nothing for wimps xD I like it.

ruitea

Rank 0
ruitea
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Re: Lost City Rakshtoom

Be extra careful in the new maps.

YES!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
*dances*

Would this be faction vs faction or free for all?

deatheater59

GameSage: Wolf Team
deatheater59
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:50 pm
Free for all is what I am guessing. I am so excited!!!!!

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: Lost City Rakshtoom

ruitea wrote:

Would this be faction vs faction or free for all?[/b]  

Good question, also wondering myself if this will be Faction/Party based or Free for all.

I assume no FFA as long as party members are not set as a "team" and cannot PK each other.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 24, 2013 3:35 pm
I have a pretty big concern here:

PK typically also means, your own party becomes violent (at least during CB). If I'm wrong, fine.

But, there's also the measure of Own faction PKing, and nothing was said about whether PK would cost EXP or not.

In general, open PK does nothing to help reinforce faction comradery either.

Oh ..... And games that implement Free PK typically do not do well, unless they implement channels. I have yet to see an Open PK game without Channels to move to.

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedMar 24, 2013 4:44 pm
Also with this open PK area...if it is just PK you do not get any BP/GP out of it if i'm not mistaken at all that is why no one even uses it to begin with and it is a useless part of the game so again this serves no purpose that's my opinion any way and still no mention of a level cap raise :/

-Norn-

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Nornkitty wrote:
Also with this open PK area...if it is just PK you do not get any BP/GP out of it if i'm not mistaken at all that is why no one even uses it to begin with and it is a useless part of the game so again this serves no purpose that's my opinion any way and still no mention of a level cap raise :/  

Then lets be constructive and suggest additions to this content release.
In your (the communities) opinion, how should the "OpenPK" mode work?

Personally, I do not think FFA would get us anywhere, Party based PK could be tolerated, same as faction based OpenPK.

This dungeon could be reformed to be the main PvP area, if it does not lag too much.
Of course, OpenPK should give an advantage to players, to prevent them from rage quitting.
Not that I am pushing my suggestion, but the PvP-aspect the dungeon has could work well together with this PvP system. IF the dungeon would not give BP/GP for PKing, that system would still make PK worth doing.

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedMar 24, 2013 5:04 pm
The best motivator to bring about open PVP is control. Control over stuff such as prime grinding spots and bosses - and preferably bosses that actually require effort and are worth killing. The current "bosses" are a joke.

Currently I don't think there is enough to dispute over for open PVP, voucher bosses aren't enough and grinding is a joke - everyone is capped, and for gold/drops, you are best to grind in the temple.

As far as pvp is, I'd like to see everyone outside of guild toggled, and later on extended to everyone outside of alliance.

Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedMar 24, 2013 5:11 pm
Guilds and level capped players also need a new place to farm as I was hoping for in a thread i posted so I was hoping this was going to be an instanced dungeon with if the alliance part of the game was being released or just a normal 6 party or something but I am glad and happy at least to explore a new area. Also again, level cap raise? yes? no? idk? lol

-Norn-