MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:47 am

Gold Shields: Elitist Class Discrimination?

I feel like SB is off to a bad start by allowing people to pay for privileged status. By allowing people to pay $200 for pixel trash, instead of giving their moms rent money for use of the basement, or otherwise supporting a family if anyone would ever love them enough to start one, they are giving these hopeless people a false sense of accomplishment by providing "rare" pixel trash that in fact can't be traded and has No Real Value.

But more importantly, Most Importantly, the little gold shield gives them an imaginary, elitist status over anyone else smart enough to save their money.

The consequence is clear and immediate. A division of the community, where free and intelligent exchanges of ideas are squelched by any ignoramous with a shield.

Being that the Almighty Powers feed on dollars, it is up to the rest of us to stand up to these jokers and say, haha, I got an Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich today, but you can't afford one. Hop on your gold pixel trash, shut up, and stop drooling on my curly fries.
Advertisement

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:54 am

Re: Gold Shields: Elitist Class Discrimination?

MrMandC wrote:
I feel like SB is off to a bad start by allowing people to pay for privileged status. By allowing people to pay $200 for pixel trash, instead of giving their moms rent money for use of the basement, or otherwise supporting a family if anyone would ever love them enough to start one, they are giving these hopeless people a false sense of accomplishment by providing "rare" pixel trash that in fact can't be traded and has No Real Value.

But more importantly, Most Importantly, the little gold shield gives them an imaginary, elitist status over anyone else smart enough to save their money.

The consequence is clear and immediate. A division of the community, where free and intelligent exchanges of ideas are squelched by any ignoramous with a shield.

Being that the Almighty Powers feed on dollars, it is up to the rest of us to stand up to these jokers and say, haha, I got an Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich today, but you can't afford one. Hop on your gold pixel trash, shut up, and stop drooling on my curly fries.  

I make enough money to pay my bills and still afford the pack. I don't think what people do with their money is anyone's business...

And, honestly, if you would like to have a better chance for a resolution you're seeking, I definitely recommended posting this in the Suggestions forum.

| [GS]Sylus - Valkyrie - Free Knights | Post your Valkyrie event ideas! |

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:03 am

Re: Gold Shields: Elitist Class Discrimination?

ccsultima wrote:

I make enough money to pay my bills and still afford the pack. I don't think what people do with their money is anyone's business...

And, honestly, if you would like to have a better chance for a resolution you're seeking, I definitely recommended posting this in the Suggestions forum.  

I aggree with you about how people spend their money, or people business in general....it's not my business. But I'm not trying to pry into anyone's business, I'm trying to have a discussion of ideas, and I don't feel like that has to be relagated to the Suggestions forum.

Does that imply that this forum is only jibber jabbar?

In any case, I'm interested to know how you feel as only a Silver Shield? Does that mean you feel entitled to boss me around, yet follow the lead of the Gold Shields? Because that is the impression you give off.

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:07 am
meow

Doirin

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:35 am
To be honest, I kinda wish there were an option to turn the badge on or off. I didn't buy a pack for the accolades. I bought it because I'm obsessive compulsive and very much would like to collect everything for a single character, as impossible as that will likely be, and I'm a sucker for "will never be available again". I've spent way too much on Pangya for the same reasons lol. I guess that is what I value. But, no, I don't think spending 200 dollars makes me better than anyone. If anything, it's an indication of how undeservedly blessed I am.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:54 am
Attention seeker!

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedMar 24, 2013 1:59 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Attention seeker!  

Just.. no.

SeikoDee

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
SeikoDee
PostedMar 24, 2013 2:01 am
I'd have to agree with Doirin about the Limited Edition Stuff! I have the same issue with collecting in game things and am not too crazy about the "swag" (Don't like that word.), but it's still pretty cool and am greatful that they show who also supported for their requested amount to bring a game to more people. It's like at the end of Non Profit Organizations' donor list. :3

Other than discrimination, I think that it's pretty broad seeing as not everyone is like that and authority is already portrayed by staff. For those who do want to boast, they can, but if they still violate TOS or anything, it's not like that they can pay their way to get by.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedMar 24, 2013 2:04 am
So does this mean the Silver Shield people are cool? =D

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedMar 24, 2013 2:07 am
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
So does this mean the Silver Shield people are cool? =D  

Yes. Wink