lestat_anil

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
lestat_anil
PostedMar 23, 2013 8:51 pm   Last edited by lestat_anil on Apr 02, 2013 1:14 am. Edited 7 times in total

[Guide] Pets and Their Items

Pets, Leveling, Evolving, Items, and more
Pets are great tools in the realm of Scarlet Blade. They provide stat boosts, evolve with you, and eventually even pick up items. There are many different kinds of pets, all with different basic skills.

Obtaining Your Pet
      Pets are a quest reward for the level 10 quest "Biker Chick" that involves speaking to the Bike NPC Davidson. Initially you speak to him to acquire a bike, but because he flirts with your character, he throws in the pet as an apology.

Pet Leveling
      Pets naturally gain experience as you level provided that the pet is summoned/out. However, the higher a pet's level, the harder it is to continue leveling it to the point that it remains useful. This is where the nightclub comes in to play. At level 25, by speaking to <Club Bouncer> Jane located at the Bitterstone Base in Mereholt and paying the entry fee of 1 gold, you can enter the Delilah Lounge, an accelerated pet EXP zone.

Lower level of the club - 50% pet EXP
      VIP room (5g cost to enter) - 100% pet EXP

When your pet reaches level 5, you must click the "Activate" button before your pet will be able to continue leveling. This will open up an additional pet datachip slot in your pet window.

Pets gain +10 EXP every 2 minutes.

Evolving Your Pet
      Pets can evolve in to new forms at level 10, 20, and 30. Evolutions happen automatically when the pet hits the appropriate level. Shown below are the different stages for each pet as they evolve.

Pet Skills
      As your pet levels, it will gain skill points; one per level. These can be used on the skills that your pet possesses, to level them up and increase the pet's usefulness to your Arkana.

This is a skill to increase your character's max SP. The more you level it, the more your SP will increase. Likewise, there are also pets, like the Kelpie and Fleck that are available in the founders packs, that come with skills to increase both your HP and SP.

Items
There are a variety of items that deal with the pets.

Datachips
      There are multiple different types of datachips available for your pet. At the moment, they are only available through the cash shop/drops from bosses like Titan.*

Left - Arkana EXP Chip - Hunting EXP Increase: 5%
        Right - Fetch Pet Datachip L1: Pet will automatically pick up item drops.

Energy Drinks
      There are also at least two different types of energy drinks you can use to feed your pets. Shown below is the most common one that you will see. These can be acquired from monster drops, quest rewards, and box/tower drops in Turnpike/Janus. At this time, there is no merchant that sells pet energy drinks.*

Base Pet Energy Drink - Decreases hunger by 5% when used.

While a pet is out, every 5 minutes it loses 4% fullness, which means that assuming your pet is at 100% fullness when you summon it, it will last 2 hours and 5 minutes without a feeding. On the other hand, if your pet is put away, it will gain 2% fullness every 5 minutes.

Pet EXP
      Just like the EXP hypovials that exist for our Arkanas, there are Pet EXP boosts for our small companions as well.

Pet EXP Boost (S) - Pet EXP increase: 5 - Duration: 1 hour

* = Subject to change

Mod: Good job! Stickied. Mr. Green
Advertisement

Xenosnake

Rank 1
Xenosnake
PostedMar 23, 2013 9:06 pm
I wish they add more pets on quest reward <_<

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedMar 23, 2013 9:33 pm
Great guide! Thanks Liz! =D

CassidyChu

Rank 0
CassidyChu
PostedMar 23, 2013 9:57 pm
I was never interested in pets. Then i read the part about evolution.

Gotta get one of the bunny pets in ob. Confused

eniguman

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
eniguman
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:34 am
Nice guide. It clears up some questions I had about pets.

SSC guild leader. I play Scarlet Blade for the articles.

BillyBallo89

Rank 5
PostedMar 24, 2013 12:58 am
ty for guide

Seiyoung294

PostedMar 25, 2013 4:20 pm
This should totally be stickied. Its a great guide, thanks!

I most enjoy the bit where pets apparently regain fullness while not active. I'm glad I don't have to rely on drinks to level them!

Skyre22

Rank 0
Skyre22
PostedMar 25, 2013 4:46 pm
Great guide. I just wish more people would see it. I don't know how many times I've seen in shout in the game "how to get pet data chip???/" If only there was a better way to explain it more in the game. I know a lot of people don't bother with here.

Ievikokonoe

Ievikokonoe
PostedMar 25, 2013 5:07 pm
That pets looks so cool. I love the guide by the way

InkSlingr

Rank 0
InkSlingr
PostedMar 26, 2013 11:26 am
I love the idea of the pets... especially if I can get it to pick up drops for me. Now if only the chips weren't so **** hard to get! Rolling Eyes