GMMochi

GameMaster: USA
GMMochi
PostedMar 23, 2013 10:16 am   Last edited by GMMochi on May 02, 2013 4:10 pm. Edited 5 times in total

Game Sage Application for Aeria Mobile!

We need you, yes you!
It's Game Sage application time!

To learn more about the requirements for becoming a Game Sage, click here.

.::Aeria Mobile Game Sage Applications::.

It is very important that you read this entire post before submitting your application. Failure to properly submit your application will result in disqualification.

Deadline: 04/20/2013 12:00pm PST

There are two parts to this application. Part I is to be posted as a response to this thread, and will be visible to everyone on the forums. Part II will be submitted via RT (please select any Aeria Mobile Games from Contact Us) and only the GM team will read it.

Because Part I is viewable by everyone, and Game Sages have a very public face, we feel it is important to ask the community for their feedback on the applicants. Do not post this feedback here, it will be removed. We have created a thread for you to do so here.

While we are mostly looking for Game Sages on our forums, we are accepting applicants who do not have a huge forum presence as well.

Remember to be truthful in all of your answers. When applications close, the thread will be locked and I will begin the application review process.

If you have any questions about the application or the Game Sage position, feel free to send a PM to any of the Mobile Game Masters!

.::Part I::.
Account Name:
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc):
Languages spoken:

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
2. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
3. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
6. Why do you want to be a Game Sage for Mobile (and not another game)?
7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position.

.::Part II::.
1. Account Name:
2. Languages:
3. When did you start playing Mobile games? Do you play any non-Aeria Mobile games? If so, which ones?:
4. How much time do you spend playing per week?:
5. What time are you usually online? (PST):
6. Have you ever been banned or had any disciplinary action taken against you? If so, please explain:
7. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for Game Sage Duties?:
8. Are you at least 16 years of age?:
9. Link to Part I of your application:

Thank you all for your interest, and good luck! Remember to get your apps in on time to be considered! :3

The feedback on applicants can be found here!
Advertisement

Thiil

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 10:39 am   Last edited by Thiil on Apr 16, 2013 1:18 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Application

An application to become GS :)
Account Name: Thiil
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
Languages spoken: Danish, English (Understand Swedish & Norweigan - some German and French)

1. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good Game Sage?
I’ve helped in any thread I could if I knew the question. I am always willing to help, and multiple players can confirm this. List of IGN’s can be sent if needed.

I ran a fleet of 60 people in Star Trek Online, while managing the website, TeamSpeak 3 server and Facebook page. I also work with public administrations which only enhances my organizational skills

I’ve been admin on several Danish chats, including Jubii Chat (Known as Lycos Chat elsewhere) This included a lot of helping and guiding people to the right commands, solutions and behavior. As i already know a lot of MP i hope to be able to assist the GMs as the rest of the GSs currently do!

4. What experience do you have with the Aeria forum community (Any game, not necessarily Mobile)?
Not much in Mobile Forum other than Apooss’s logo contest, and one time my device took a toilet-bowl swim I asked in forum to let FallenLord (Leader of Dark Chaos at the time) know of my situation. He got informed Smile

5. What do you think a Game Sage is? What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage?
What are their main responsibilities? What makes a good Game Sage? From what I understand a Game Sage should keep up to date regarding the game (this is obvious). I am online myself every single day, always lurking the boards and whatnot Smile Game Sages should advice people In need of it and help those seeking questions. This only applies if one knows the answer though. A GS should contribute to a friendly and helpful community as well as keep track of issues and reporting these to the GM team.

Monster Paradise has been my #1 game since I got it. I love helping people within the game, and becoming a GS will only enable me to help the entire community further. I would like to help the game continue to evolve in a great way with a good atmosphere!

A GS is a buffer between GM/PM team and the community. They can swiftly help out people with problems that could take time from GM/PM making the game progress slower. GS’s are also a very nice link between the GM/PM team and community, as they are merely players, like the rest of community Smile Regarding confidentiality I am aware that a GS will get insight in some matters that should not be told to anyone outside PM/GM/GS team. Confidentiality is given to a player, just by becoming a GS, which is a huge leap of faith that I will prove myself worthy of.

Added Edit: After rewieving feedback i don't have much to add, other than as GS' are buffers between GMs and Players, they also need to look at player perspectives.

nycto8

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 12:33 pm

GS Application

Mellow
iPhone
USA
English

1. Community Contributions:
I'm very active in the gaming community and do my best to answer any question, provide intelligent arguments in debates, and provide a bit of humor if I can.

2. Experience Hosting Organizational Events
Spent three years in JROTC, two of which I was commander. In Sophmore year I helped organize a talent show for our school which continued even after I left.

3. Helping People Find Solutions
I've been awarded multiple customer service awards at various jobs. I love helping new players even more than leveling and improving.

4. Experience With Aeria Forums
I'll admit I don't use forums much. Can usually find out anything I need to know in the game.

5. Tell Us About GS
Well I'm glad you asked! GS is the link between players and GMs. They listen and try to help players as much as possible without creating work for GMs. A good GS keeps both the players and the GMs happy and works toward the goal of improving the game for everyone.

6. Why Do You Want To Be GS For Mobile?
Cuz the community is awesome. x]

7. What's The Importance of Confidentiality?
It's important not to tell everybody everything all the time. Imagine the kind of let down and outrage if a GS handed down something planned for the game and then it got cut? Would not be a pretty day in the forums.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Zandortheshadow

Rank 0
Zandortheshadow
PostedMar 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Game Sage application

Application for becoming a game sage!
Account Name: Zandor
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): Iphone
Languages spoken: English, partial French, partial spanish

Always fighting for the GMs and help answer questions for new players and helping report cheating

I am a member of my schools student council so I have organized and ran lots of dances in and around my community. I have planned big events that happen in the community through student council. I am also in National Honors Society which does a lot of community events and a lot of big in school community help events. I hold the 4th highest position in each of these two groups.

I answer peoples questions on the message board and if I do not know the answer I look it up online to try and help them get answers if no one has answered their problem.

I have just taken part in the message board center on the app Monster Paradise. I report issues that attack the GM's because they don't need to be attacked. I also try and assist people the best that I can!

A game sage is someone who is to be looked up to for being one of the best players, not necessarily team and play wise, but as a knowledgeable person who can help others and help protect the community. They are to assist players on the message board who have questions about how the game operates and general help questions. they are to report those breaking ToS and help keep the community safe and running. A good game sage is someone who does not always believe they are right and who can listen to both sides of the story and can defend those higher up powers from excessive criticism because they do work hard and are only human. They also have to be able to have patience and a long anger fuse to deal with people that are frustrating at times!

I enjoy playing the Mobile games because I can take it anywhere and access it most of the time. I don't always have the time to sit down and play the non mobile games so mobile games I can fit in when I can and play a lot harder because I have always enjoyed the Gameboy aspect of the mobile games!

Well confidentially is important in a lot of aspects. First if you are trusted with another persons secret you don't want to ruin that secret by telling everyone. This position is like the man in between the higher powers and the civilians. you know certain game plans and ideas, but you cant tell the civilians because they will think/know its coming and then it will be a let down. Its like you are the guy with all the Confidential folders of military secrets. if you hand them off to the secret Russian civilians that would not be the right thing to do. so its important to keep certain things hidden from certain people until the time is right for it to come to light and be released!

Thank you Aeria and GM MOchi for considering me for this amazing position!

kibainuzaki

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Game sage application for immortalis

Account Name: Dobby (f4c6Ax)
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPod touch 5th gen
Languages spoken: English

I let people know everything I know about the game. And people that lie in game.

I run a top 30 guild on immortalis.

If I know the answer I help as calmly and respectfully as I can.
I have experience with the immortalis forum.
I think a game sage is a link between the game makers and the public. I believe their main responsibilities are to maintain a peaceful, rule respecting environment. I think I'd be a good game sage because I'm always on immortalis

My favorite game is immortalis and has been since I downloaded it in late January/ early February

7. Explain the importance of confidentiality in this position. Anyone who comes to me privately shall be kept as such unless stated otherwise,meaning: nothing shared in private will be linked to the public in any way.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

xNinjaDecode

Rank 0
xNinjaDecode
PostedMar 23, 2013 9:21 pm
Account Name: xNinjaDecode
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPad3

I help players in need at times when I have the knowledge to do so, mainly in-game and on chat apps that many players of the games I play use. For my current game Immortalis I help numerous people out on the popular app that players used called Line.

I'm normally a guild leader in most of the games I play, while running a few private forums over the years and used RaidCall for certain games as well maintaining a chat room for inner-guild contests.

As a guild leader in various games I've taken a leading role before in helping members learn about certain features of games, I also give people tips on various occasions on what the best method known at the specific time is.

I'm not very active in terms of posting however I have a habit of checking forums of games i play daily, and if needed I can be on pretty frequently. I was also in the CBT test for an ex-Aeria game Repulse. Not sure if the in-game Message Boards for Immortalis is considered an Aeria forum but I am a regular poster there.

A Game Sage is sort of like a player-based moderator position that helps players with various needs, while reporting bugs/glitches directly to GMs. They have an easier way than normal players to communicate with GMs, and I think in most cases what they have to say is placed on a higher level of priority in terms of consideration.

Currently I am most active in Immortalis, I basically spend over 6 hours a day frequently on it. I regularly check the game maybe once every 10-20 minutes (a habit) unless I have other things to do and can't use my device at the time. I've been on the game basically ever since it was fully launched after all the testing and am in the #3 guild in the game. I feel I have all the knowledge available to players and could be of help.

From my understanding GS sometimes can obtain information about the game prior to release, so it's very important to keep things confidential. Also I'm not 100% sure if GS have to do this, but sometimes GS may have to assist players in things such as checking tickets or account statuses which is private information that is only to be disclosed to the specific player.

saphiregirlgem

Rank 0
saphiregirlgem
PostedMar 24, 2013 11:43 am   Last edited by saphiregirlgem on Mar 26, 2013 5:40 pm. Edited 1 time in total

application for Game sage

Account Name: saphiregirlgem/ (Melody- Immortalis) (Diamondgem- Monster paradise)
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc):iphone4
Languages spoken: english,vietnamese, semi-fluent in spanish, semi-fluient in madarin

The contribuations I have made to the community involve advice on message boards, and giving new players advice, and answering questions by fellow community members (includes message boards threads and messages on Aeria 51 and on aeria website)

I have had many running and hosting organizational events including small giveaways on monster paradise threads, questionnares and giveaways on the monster paradise forums on the aeria games website, and events outside of monster paradise such as organizing recreational events for children such as fun in the sun day and jump rope for heart for cancer reasearch, fundraisers, and leadership events.

On monster paradise threads Whenever questions are asked I answer them to the best of my qualifications and if i cannot i refer them to sent a RT(Request tracker) for answers I may not be qualified or knowledgeable about.

I admit i dont usually go on forums but i do know how to use them and know my way around the forums.

A game sage is a normal player who works under the gms to answer questions give assistance when players have issues or need help, reinforce rules while the gms may be absent in game and to organize/ hold events.

I feel like being a game sage for mobile would be best suited for me because i spend most of my time playing mobile games and that my knowledge is more extensive for mobile games then it is other games.

Confidentiality is key because it allows for a balance in the community. If AGE intrust confidential information to a GS they should be responsible enough to be able to keep it in confidence it not only builds trust between AGE and the game sage but it also shows the community that the GS is acting according professionally and responsible which I believe are some of the qualities that a Good GS requires.

bomackin

Rank 0
bomackin
PostedMar 26, 2013 7:36 am

GS Application.

Account Name: Bomackin
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPod

A:I have helped many people with questions they have, I have made threads for the purpose of aiding people in learning how to improve their game.
A:I have worked with Character Focus Ministries in leadership positions and have spent over 1000 hours volunteering with a leadership position, and have helped to organize mission trips at my Church.
Also, in MP I have held a few events/ challenges.
A: I have spent much of my time in MP helping people look for solutions to their problems,and if i can't help them i try to find someone who can.Ihave also reported problems(I.e. trade system malfunctions, to reporting abuse on the message board) to the GMs when necessary.
A:my experience on the online forum has been minimal, I do not have much access to the web,otherwise I would be more active on it.
A: a Game Sage is supposed to make Aeria successful,and to be a mediator between Aeria and the people,to be a more present eye for the GMs.
A: why do I want to be a Game Sage for Monster Paradise? Because MP has been the game I enjoy the most,and I would like to do all I can to help the players in MP and to help the Devs to keep this game alive.
A:Without confidentiality,no thing could ever be done, any private information needs to be kept private. Any information cannot be misused.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

Roreddy04

Rank 0
PostedMar 26, 2013 12:36 pm

GS Application

:Part I::.
Account Name: Roreddy
Phone/Device: iphone 5
Languages spoken: English, Spanish (read and write), Telugu (south Indian language)

I used run a top notch guild, Serenity*. I have helped many with questions they had in game. I have helped with pricing issues, advising players about their teams, and well known by many for my dragon and warrior team in monster paradise. I am always in the mood to answer questions when I am not busy.

As a college student and president of the chess club at my college, I have held many tournaments for chess. I try to hold a chess event every month in my college as long as the month does not involve final exams.

I have had many experiences where I had to help people solve problems. Throughout high school I worked for Kumon a math and reading learning center, and I have taught chess to 2 different elementary schools. When I worked in Kumon I helped grade the students work, and I operated the help desk where, if a student needed to learn a new concept I had to do my best in teaching it to them. Even now in college, I am doing research and in research there are always many problems one faces, and requires seeking help or helping one another with solutions. Being a disciple of karate and having the ability to play chess efficiently, I have the tools of being calm and calculative. These tools help me greatly in being able to help others with problems

I have not used the online aeria forums much, just to look up stats on certain monster chains, or other important information not put in the game. I have not posted much on the forums, but if need be I will in the future. Outside from the online forums, I am quite active in the monster paradise message boards. I usually answer questions about what I think is a valid price of certain monsters, give advice about team build, and try to provoke an enjoyable environment.

Game Sage is a volunteer who helps GMs keep a safe environment in games. They patrol the message boards to seek out trouble and help. A game sage must know the terms of service and enforce the rules strictly. They also relay information to the GMs that needs certain attention. A good game sage is one who is readily available and always ready to lend a helping hand. A game sage must be nice and professional when dealing with certain situations. A game sage must also be well known in the community, so that people are more open to talking with him or her.

Ever since I started playing monster paradise, I have become a big fan of this mobile game. I used to play legend of Cryptids, but I stopped playing that as monster paradise was more fun and enjoyable. I see a good future for monster paradise, and I want to be a part of it by possibly helping the community and relaying my ideas and other player’s ideas to the GMs. I always have a phone around with me, and when I am bored I know I can always open this app and find something to do to pass the time.

As a pre-med student and volunteering in hospitals and research centers, one of main thing I have learned is the importance of confidentiality. Confidentiality is up most important in any job, For aeria games as a game sage it is possible one gets to know what the upcoming events has in store, and it is very important to keep it a secret from other players, as the information was given to staff members only.

GearsOfFate

Rank 0
GearsOfFate
PostedMar 27, 2013 1:17 am

GS Application by GearsOfFate

Account Name: GearsOfFate
Phone/Device (Model/iPad? iPhone? iTouch? Etc): iPhone 4
Languages spoken: English, French (some), Japanese (minor).

I have contributed greatly on the Pirate Maidens unofficial wiki, answered questions and offered advice in the forums and shoutbox.

In a gaming level, I have held many minor events across platforms and genres in the guilds.alliances and communities of those games. Most of these were for fun. morale or profit for the community.
In a reality level, I have run and hosted quite a number of successful and entertaining events through my career as a chef.

I've been a fairly social person throughout my life, and always try to aid others when it is within my power, or point them to help if I can.

The majority of my interactions are on the Pirate Maidens forum. I have done my best to help out the players there, and interact with the GMs through their posts, suggestion box and bug report threads.

To me a Game Sage looks like a person with a greater knowledge of the game, it's mechanics, and the concept the developers or GMs have for it and its community. The Game Sages seem to have a closer tie to the developers, and hold a key spot in the game's community, acting as a well of information and a tool to aid both the players and the GMs.

I quite enjoy the games by Aeria, most notably Pirate Maidens. As a Game Sage I would be able to better assist the community there.

As Game Sages work closer to the GMs and Aeria, they may become privy to sensitive information to either that of the game or of a player. As such, this information must be taken in confidence to not disrupt the community, the game, or the trust required for the position.