ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedMar 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Welcome all Soldier Front 2 Players!!

A quick look at the rules and regulations of Aeria games
Welcome all fellow Soldier Front players! With great excitement I welcome you to Soldier Front 2!

As members of Aeria Games, there are various rules you must follow in order to be productive members of the community.
First and foremost, You need to have full understanding of the Rules.

Forum Rules:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=28997
Superman0x wrote:

Virtual ID Images

Avatars must be no more than 200x200 pixels and no more than 60kb in file size and must not be offensive.
Signatures will not exceed a width of 700 pixels or a height of 200 pixels (700x200 = max), and a file size of 120kb
Signatures may not directly link to an automatic Karma Rating, or 3rd party website.
If any picture avatars that do not meet this guideline, they will be removed without notice.  
Superman0X is a Game Master of Aeria Games, which means that he is an employee. In the quote above, he describes the regulations on signature sizes and avatars and important rules that are involved with them. I selected this because I have already begun to see signatures that are slightly too large to be accepted on the forums. These will be deleted by moderators unless they are fixed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Superman0x wrote:

Etiquette

The forum and shoutbox are rated PG-13 in all areas. For references to what that means, you may check here.
Language that is offensive, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable is not allowed.
Please be respectful when using the forums and shout-box
Please use the search function first before asking a question. There is a good chance that your question was already asked and answered before.
Discussion of a national, political, religious, sexual, or ethnic nature is prohibited..
Using disruptive ways of typing in such as ALL CAPS or any other disruptive (DiSrUpTiVe) way is prohibited.
Abbreviations of inappropriate words/terms are not allowed in the shoutbox/forum (even if allowed in game).

In the excerpt above, Superman0X describes the Etiquette of the Aeria forums. This, I feel, is one of the most important thing for ijji Forumers to be aware of before they began posting on Aeria's forums. Aeria forums are a place of welcome to all of their members of community. In these forums there is no place for language that could dishearten or even depress the other person.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find a hacker ingame, submit a ticket to Aeria. Posting hackers in the forums is not allowed.
GM_Geck0 wrote:
I am clearly stating "posting hack accusations on the forums is against the TOS".

I have banned someone (for a day) for that already. I do not wish to do so again.  

The quote from Geck0 above should clear up a lot of questions that the community has recently been posing about posting hackers on the forums. It may have been allowed on ijji, but it is definitely not allowed here. Simply submit a ticket at www.aeriagames.com/contact
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game Rules

Terms of Service wrote:
WHEN USING THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE SOFTWARE. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADD-ON" OR "MOD", THAT IN AGE'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR HACK THE SOFTWARE INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY AGE; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES", OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SOFTWARE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE SOFTWARE DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, IT MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO AGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED; AND/OR AND AGE MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS SECTION OF THE AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER.  

In short, don't hack, macro, or use any 3rd party software. Should you do so, your account becomes eligible for a permanent ban. Risking your account for a few perks in-game is foolish and should be avoided.

Play fair guys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User Conduct

One may not:
Terms of Service wrote:

(b)Harm minors in any way;  

Pretty much self-explanitory. Just be nice to everyone in-game.
Terms of Service wrote:
(c) Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an AGE official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;  

Recently this has been a big problem. You can not go around impersonating a GM. That will result in a ban and most probably an IP ban as well.

Remember guys, GM's do not ask for personal information in-game. If someone is asking you for information, screenshot it and submit a ticket at www.aeriagames.com/contact
Terms of Service wrote:
(k) Collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in the paragraphs above;  

Asking people personal information like their email addresses and phone numbers is against the ToS. You should never ask or give any personal information to anyone in-game. Should you see someone doing so, take a screenshot and submit a ticket.
Terms of Service wrote:
(l) Impede the flow of chat in game, in forums, or in chat rooms with vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or AGE employees;  

Spamming is directly addressed in the ToS. If you spam, you are eligible for a ban. If you see someone spamming, screenshot it and submit a ticket.
Terms of Service wrote:
(m) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates the Terms of Service, the Rules of Conduct, or the Privacy Policy; and/or  

Never promote hacking or anything else that is against the ToS. It can get you banned. Should you see someone doing so, screenshot it and submit a ticket.
Terms of Service wrote:
(n) Take any action that may prohibit other users from enjoying the services of the Website or games.  

Have fun playing the game and try your best to help others have fun playing as well.

Helpful Links

To have a look at the entire forum rules thread please visit:
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=28997

The Aeria Forums may seem overwhelming at first but its not all that confusing once you understand them. Here is a guide to the Forums that will help all new members of the community.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=434518

If you have any issues, would like to report someone, or appeal for your ban, you can do so here: http://www.aeriagames.com/contact.

Tickets are usually responded within 72 hours. If not, please be patient as the ticketing system is being flooded with tickets (ex. large community of hackers or game has a serious issue) and/or there are other people who are waiting for their tickets to be responded too.

So once again, Welcome to Aeria Games! If you have any questions regarding the forums or anything else, feel free to PM me or message me. I will be happy to help.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 4/27: Added information regarding posting of hackers on forums.
UPDATE 7/30: Added information regarding Game Rules and User misconduct.
Advertisement

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:53 pm
Request Sticky unless a GM is doing a complication for Closed Beta.

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:54 pm
I request a temporary sticky

Sentimento93

Rank 0
PostedMar 23, 2013 6:56 am
thanks for the information!! Smile

Dem_GemZ

Rank 3
Dem_GemZ