Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 22, 2013 8:21 am

D.a.m.n.a.t.i.o.n

No way to write it w/o the points due the filter.
I have it at level 3 and honestly i don't think it's a great skill to have, yes can do a good 3.5k damage on almost any player but i barely notice the 10% increase damage and the cooldown is pretty long to use it twice in a battle if you have a hard time due the enemy MDEF. At least it's how it looks for me at level 49, i'm wondering if in later levels it become more usefull or even essential.
I have double skills tree so my healing skills are well covered in one but i'm thinking on reset the pvp tree and waste this 3 points in anything else. Any advices?
Advertisement

Saveric

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Saveric
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:05 am
Honestly it's not used that much. Originally it only hit one target. Then a few patches back around 1.45 it was changed to be an AoE. It wasn't too bad for awhile, but since the way mages get rage it's not as beneficial imo. 1 damaging attack to 3 targets = 6 rage. While Rain and Meteor are 12 rage gain. But that's how I feel about the ability.

In GA it takes just 1 Purification to remove it and then you have to wait the cooldown to do it again if need be. A lot of mages been running with Purification on their bar since it removes stun.

The only thing that's really good about it is the fact that it being a set base that defenses don't matter.

With clothing a mage in 3v3(GA) can go Rain of Fire -> Meteoric Destroyer -> Rain of Fire. Then you'll be on Cooldowns for those. Sometimes if people are doing fast moves you will have another ability to use between Meteor and the 2nd Rain of Fire because Rain will still be on cooldown for 3-5 seconds. I normally fill in the gap here with Holy Seal or Lightning Bolt. Which after that 2nd Rain of Fire is where the fights are normally over.

Muzii12

GameSage: Aeria Browser
Muzii12
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:07 am

Re: D.a.m.n.a.t.i.o.n

No way to write it w/o the points due the filter.
Cacuga wrote:
I have it at level 3 and honestly i don't think it's a great skill to have, yes can do a good 3.5k damage on almost any player but i barely notice the 10% increase damage and the cooldown is pretty long to use it twice in a battle if you have a hard time due the enemy MDEF. At least it's how it looks for me at level 49, i'm wondering if in later levels it become more usefull or even essential.
I have double skills tree so my healing skills are well covered in one but i'm thinking on reset the pvp tree and waste this 3 points in anything else. Any advices?  

on early lvl its gud to have..in later lvl's abit will matter if u use it in GA. i personally skipped it in higher lvl's and instead maxxed my thunder and attck spec tree wid a lv.1 stunoria which i find bit more useful as it gives me a chance to hv suntoria and max atck tree.
5 turn of small heal is more useful than 3 turn of 10% more damg of ****.

atleast for me

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:24 am
Well think of it as a decent spell in PVE - if you get **** done and your archer(s) get(s) their buff up it is still 20% of dmg increase. It shows quite a bit when your damage is high as well, later on in the game. I hardly ever use it in PVP, but for PVE it is a decent spell still.

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 22, 2013 2:27 pm
In PvE i usually have my skills bar filled with lighting, purification, suntoria, restoration and blessed light and most of the time i use all so i don't see wich one remove to add d.amnation. I was more worry about the PvP side and looks like everyone agree that there are better things to use. Thanks for the help.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 22, 2013 4:18 pm
Well here's the thing.. I have yet to find a skill in this game that is completely useless. Some, like the archer's poison arrow, are not as popular as others, but even that has it's place. Situational skills are usually valuable if you can figure out how to work them in.

You've made me VERY angry..

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 23, 2013 11:57 am
GodofAcid wrote:
Well here's the thing.. I have yet to find a skill in this game that is completely useless. Some, like the archer's poison arrow, are not as popular as others, but even that has it's place. Situational skills are usually valuable if you can figure out how to work them in.  

I didn't say it's useless, but based on my own experience and the people advices i will say it would not be a priority for you skill points and shouldn't take a spot on your skill bar unless you really don't have enything better.
In my PvP tree i have lightning, fire rain, meteoric destroyer, restoration and thunderer and all five give me better results than **** and as more i level up the more i find those skills better to have. On my PvE tree i use lightning, purification, suntoria, restoration and blessed light, maybe here it can have a place if you are playing with a static team with a organized strategy, again, not a priority but when you are using double skill tree soner or later you can spend some points on this kind of skill but not at my 49.