lexicon123

Rank 0
lexicon123
PostedMar 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Movement while in combat?

I really like SB, I think there's a lot of potential, but why does attacking or using a skill hold you into place?

This makes the combat feel clunky compared to other mmos, are you ever going to change this? It would make pve and especially pvp way more fun and dynamic. A lot of reviews of the game even talks about this problem, I think SB will be much more successful if you can make combat feel more fluid Sad
Advertisement

megamagex

Rank 0
megamagex
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:09 pm
I've not noticed this problem, mostly because nearly every other MMO, barring some of the newest AAA-studio games, also force you to come to a complete halt to attack. It's a major and mostly unavoidable aspect of point and click MMOs, but it's not bad once you get used to it.

ccsultima

Rank 3
ccsultima
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:30 pm
Before I actually started playing SB, I was looking into reviews and gameplay videos on it to see if it would be a good MMO for me to try. I was really interested in the Sentinel from the videos and I noticed the reviewer (who was from MMO site, mind you) was running around a lot while attacking, using the Sentinel. I figured that was the norm in this game and was one of the reasons I joined. Coming to play it, it is a lot harder to move around and try to avoid damage from enemies and still maintain a good DPS than the video made it look like. So that's a little turn off for me as well, and I overall agree with you.

The only thing that keeps popping back into my head when I think about it is that this game is still very new and I should give it at least a couple of more months before I decide the issues that could be fixed down the road to give me problems playing it in the now. So, I'm tolerating it and honestly, is my only real issue with this game. I love everything else about SB otherwise.

It is talked about how Sentinel has the highest move speed, etc, but I don't see how that can be such a benefit when all combat is point and click and overall has the highest DPS...I'm still new though, so I guess I can be completely oblivious to why it's helpful. Guess we'll see...

lexicon123

Rank 0
lexicon123
PostedMar 20, 2013 12:07 am
ccsultima wrote:
Before I actually started playing SB, I was looking into reviews and gameplay videos on it to see if it would be a good MMO for me to try. I was really interested in the Sentinel from the videos and I noticed the reviewer (who was from MMO site, mind you) was running around a lot while attacking, using the Sentinel. I figured that was the norm in this game and was one of the reasons I joined. Coming to play it, it is a lot harder to move around and try to avoid damage from enemies and still maintain a good DPS than the video made it look like. So that's a little turn off for me as well, and I overall agree with you.

The only thing that keeps popping back into my head when I think about it is that this game is still very new and I should give it at least a couple of more months before I decide the issues that could be fixed down the road to give me problems playing it in the now. So, I'm tolerating it and honestly, is my only real issue with this game. I love everything else about SB otherwise.

It is talked about how Sentinel has the highest move speed, etc, but I don't see how that can be such a benefit when all combat is point and click and overall has the highest DPS...I'm still new though, so I guess I can be completely oblivious to why it's helpful. Guess we'll see...  

Yeah, I'll probably quit too if they don't change this Sad otherwise it could be a really nice game.

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedMar 20, 2013 12:17 am
ccsultima wrote:

Rapidfire has a very fast animation and a short cd. That's the skill you will be using the most. I have it maxed atm and it is my 2nd strongest skill(1st being Gatling Storm). But yeah, every other skills' animation makes you stand for way too long.

Don't underestimate move speed. Move speed, even though it does not help mitigate damage or increase your damage output, is one of the most important stats in any pvp game.

piashlara

Rank 0
piashlara
PostedMar 20, 2013 12:42 am
it helps to turn off mouse-move in the options so you won't move around in combat. Smile

lexicon123

Rank 0
lexicon123
PostedMar 20, 2013 1:32 am
I just don't see why they don't give us the freedom, they could possibly compete with higher budget games Surprised

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedMar 20, 2013 4:10 am
lexicon123 wrote:
I just don't see why they don't give us the freedom, they could possibly compete with higher budget games Surprised  

Because then people from here would complain about how the opposing faction doesn't just stand there and let themselves be killed. Also, Sentinel and Punisher could potentially just kite everything to death.

PoeticAce

Rank 0
PoeticAce
PostedMar 20, 2013 4:23 am
Picchuu wrote:
lexicon123 wrote:

Because then people from here would complain about how the opposing faction doesn't just stand there and let themselves be killed. Also, Sentinel and Punisher could potentially just kite everything to death.  

every class should have their ups and downs so if they truly made this game balanced, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedMar 20, 2013 4:43 am
PoeticAce wrote:
Picchuu wrote:
lexicon123 wrote:

every class should have their ups and downs so if they truly made this game balanced, then it shouldn't be a problem.  

A ranged character in a game that allows for skills while moving is never balanced, or at least not balanced effectively. So unless you're always with a Whipper or Shadow Walker who could actually get to them, you're going to have a bad time.