yushasama

Rank 0
PostedApr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

Simulator changed

Confirmed. The SB Skill Simulator changed today. All previous Build links no longer work.

Also, I really appreciate your guide. On behalf of my sister Shadow Walkers and myself, Thank you very much!!
Advertisement

chris.aeria

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
chris.aeria
PostedApr 10, 2013 7:17 pm
Something very odd happened to me in Caergate today. I'm a level 28 SW in RG.

I saw Kajimura (a top level Free Knights SW on Andromeda) when she was faded. Yes, she was pretty close to me, but I saw her. Do SW's have detection, and I just never knew? Or is Fade not quite the invisibility that I always thought?

It was also right before the end of the fade ran out, if that has anything to do with it. After a few seconds, she was completely visible.

As was I, unfortunately, as my Fade ended at just about the same time. And I was so busy gawking at my screen in surprise that I could see her, that I didn't even react to her attack when it came until it was quite too late...

rosewushu

Rank 1
rosewushu
PostedApr 12, 2013 4:25 pm
chris.aeria wrote:
Something very odd happened to me in Caergate today. I'm a level 28 SW in RG.

I saw Kajimura (a top level Free Knights SW on Andromeda) when she was faded. Yes, she was pretty close to me, but I saw her. Do SW's have detection, and I just never knew? Or is Fade not quite the invisibility that I always thought?

It was also right before the end of the fade ran out, if that has anything to do with it. After a few seconds, she was completely visible.

As was I, unfortunately, as my Fade ended at just about the same time. And I was so busy gawking at my screen in surprise that I could see her, that I didn't even react to her attack when it came until it was quite too late...  

Kajimura is pretty quick regardless.

kuronekopirate

Rank 0
kuronekopirate
PostedApr 18, 2013 10:26 pm
Is there any way you could update the skill simulator for your SW hybrid build? I'm a level 27 (almost 2Cool SW and I'm looking for a solid build since I'm mostly a solo player. I like to have high-damage attacks and solid defense since I seem pretty weak XD

TheLawofOne

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2013 9:47 am
Please update calculator, I would greatly appreciate!

xen222

xen222
PostedApr 20, 2013 8:14 pm
On the right-hand side of the Simulator you see a section called "Simulator Options"

--> "Use Old Hash Algorithm:: Yes // No"

Select Yes, and it reverts to the correct class and skill codes.

aizai01

Rank 0
aizai01
PostedApr 22, 2013 12:02 pm
The skill simulator mind update it >< PLEASE AND THANK YOU ! Embarassed

fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 8:49 am
Was looking at your PvE guide and kinda surprised you don't have secret change for at least 1 rank. Mind giving some explanation behind this? I mean I guess it depends on how the fights are but I could see that increasing your dps significantly on high movement based fights so you don't spend a lot of time running around doing 0 damage cause you're not in range. Again this is going from my raiding experience in WoW as a kitty where some of the fights were very mobile but leap was extremely useful so kinda surprised it's not int - don't know end-game fights though so that might be why

Also - is shadow strike really worth it for PvE bosses? I mean you get to use it once the whole fight no? I feel like there would be better ways to spend those 4 points for a somewhat lengthy fight if there's no way to re conceal yourself in combat and use that ability more than once.

chris.aeria

chris.aeria
PostedApr 23, 2013 11:51 am
I generally use Shadow Strike twice against bosses, and for a big boss like the BC mainframe, I can probably get three in, maybe even four.

Fade->Shadow Strike->(do stuff during SS cooldown)->Ghost Walk->Shadow Strike.

During BC mainframe, I'll generally have time enough to do a second Fade as well, even with it's long cooldown. It seems like I generally kill it before I get a chance to do the second Ghost Walk, but I could be remembering incorrectly. I'm not one of those people that does BC ten times a day. I haven't done BC all that many times, and not in a few days.

Be careful with this attack sequence against ordinary mobs, as they will often reset after a Ghost Walk.

I'm not sure what the OP had for Secret Charge as I can't get the link to work, even if I click on the "Yes" button to switch to the old hashtag algorithm. However, I do have points on Secret Charge. I don't recall how many. I had a link for my own SW build, but I seem to have misplaced it, so I'll have to recreate it next time I'm in-game.

Some people like Ghost Walk and Blink for PvP as well. Ghost Walk never seems to be all that successful to me in PvP. It may be that I need to put more points in it. Blink takes to long as a user to set up, in my opinion, but if you can do it quickly enough to get out, then use it.

Server: Andromeda - Faction: Royal Guard - Guild: Guardian - Name: Balina

fialkowski77

Rank 0
PostedApr 23, 2013 2:35 pm
thanks for the tips. Yea the tc had no points in ghost walk that's why I was confused if you go far enough down to take at least 1 pt in that then I could see SS being really useful - the tc went to SS rank 4 then just stopped that part of the tree