Tcaine

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 6:36 am

Question to any who can answer

Ok question why can i not log in to DKO? it has been about a day now since the maintenance and every time i try to log in the game loads and goes to the screen just before the character selection a message pops up saying "failed to login" then the client closes.

i have done the "Inspect Files" then try again and same thing happens. so now i am curious if i uninstall the game and re-install the game will my characters stay or do i need to start over?
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:06 am
Game install/re-install has nothing to do with Character progress, which is stored on your account, not on a local game file.

To solve your issue, I could only suggest adding dk.exe as a exception to your Firewall. If that does not help, try browsing the Technical Issues section for other sollutions.

Insequor

Rank 0
Insequor
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Re: Question to any who can answer

Tcaine wrote:
I have done the "Inspect Files" then try again and same thing happens. so now i am curious if i uninstall the game and re-install the game will my characters stay or do i need to start over?  

I would imagine the characters would stay since they're registered on your AG profile. Unless you delete them yourself, they should still be in tact.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 19, 2013 8:06 pm
Log on to another account and see if that works. There is a chance that your account is bugging out.