Ktmelancon

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Lost connection to the server, every 5 minuntes..

I logged in after the maintenance, and now i lose connection to the server literally every 5 minutes. Everything will be going smoothly and then i cant use skills or run, sometimes there are warning signs. For example i noticed it took like 4 seconds for my sprite to go collect after i clicked the collect button (normally its instant) then not long after i lose connection, i don't know why it started acting like this all of the sudden.
I tried this:
Go to "My Computer" and click on your C: Drive.
Click on the Aeriagames folder, and go to the Grand Fantasia folder.
Find the LuncherMod.ini folder then change
Connect_Mode = 1 to Connect_Mode = 3 and
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 5 to OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 25 and
OPT_TIMEOUT = 60 to OPT_TIMEOUT = 1200
This didn't help. Its worse...i lost connection after 2 minutes now..and there werent any warning signs...
Advertisement

yarito96

Rank 2
yarito96
PostedMar 20, 2013 10:51 am
happened to me before , and I found that my ISP (Internet service provider) was the reason , they were blocking it ...
you can try another and see if that's the problem .

Ktmelancon

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 1:00 am
thanks for reply, but it was working fine for weeks, i can play other games without any problems to, how do i tell if they blocked it?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 21, 2013 8:41 am
Ktmelancon wrote:
thanks for reply, but it was working fine for weeks, i can play other games without any problems to, how do i tell if they blocked it?  

If that's the definite problem - you can call/email your ISP and simply ask.

Other than that, try running GF in administrator mode and making sure GF is allowed through your antivirus and firewall settings. When an update happens, the files are changed in GF, and sometimes will flag those programs and cause this to happen. After that, run a full scan at the launcher just to be safe.

Hope this helps!

Ktmelancon

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 1:53 pm
Thanks for replies. I disabled microsoft security essentials and its working now, im not sure if thats what messed it up in the first place, it could have fixed itself. Ill rember this in case it happens again, so ill know what to do.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 22, 2013 2:41 am
Ktmelancon wrote:
Thanks for replies. I disabled microsoft security essentials and its working now, im not sure if thats what messed it up in the first place, it could have fixed itself. Ill rember this in case it happens again, so ill know what to do.  

Yeah, it's free spyware protection and can block programs from accessing the internet. Would likely be the problem ~ Glad it worked out for you though.