AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:01 pm

I think I figured out the Attribute System

For reference, Basic Attribute refers to the top row on your Attributes menu (Data, Vaccine, Virus, None, and Unknown). Natural Attribute refers to everything else (Fire, Ice, Water, etc.)

To put it simply, Natural Attributes are meaningless when it comes to deciding what you need to fight to earn more Attribute EXP. Contrary to the patch notes, fighting Ice will not get you Fire, Water will not get you Ice, etc. Instead, fight what your Basic Attribute is strong against. If your Digimon is a Fire/Vaccine, fight any Viruses you find. You Attribute EXP will be randomly distributed between your Va and Fire. You might get only one for awhile before you get the other, again it's randomly distributed.

For example, I fought WaruMonzaemon (Dark/Virus) with my Peckmon (Wind/Vaccine) and got EXP for both my Va and Wind Attributes. I then digivolved it to Crowmon (Dark/Vaccine) and still kept getting EXP for both Va and Dark. However, fighting Blossomon (Wood/Data) did not get me any EXP for Peckmon, despite the fact that Wind beats Wood.

The system was very poorly explained in the patch notes and is also still full of bugs. Repeated testing with Lopmon and it's champion evolutions has given me no consistent results, leading me to the conclusion that this particular Digimon is very bugged. So bear in mind that it still might just flat-out not work. I have a theory that Digimon whose Basic Attribute changes at different stages are bugged.

If anyone has any information conflicting with my findings, feel free to post. My consistent results were limited to Peckmon/Crowmon after all, so if you want to test this method with other species to see if you get the same results that would be cool.
Advertisement

jlcbubba

Rank 4
jlcbubba
PostedMar 19, 2013 2:42 am
Try returning Eggs with your Lopmon out, my Lalamon wouldn't get any attribute EXP from killing Vaccine types, yet after returning (or scanning) Eggs (most notably returning the cracked ones), both my Wood EXP and Data EXP would be higher than it was.

xrider14

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 3:04 am

Re: I think I figured out the Attribute System

AkuTenshiiZero wrote:
For reference, Basic Attribute refers to the top row on your Attributes menu (Data, Vaccine, Virus, None, and Unknown). Natural Attribute refers to everything else (Fire, Ice, Water, etc.)

To put it simply, Natural Attributes are meaningless when it comes to deciding what you need to fight to earn more Attribute EXP. Contrary to the patch notes, fighting Ice will not get you Fire, Water will not get you Ice, etc. Instead, fight what your Basic Attribute is strong against. If your Digimon is a Fire/Vaccine, fight any Viruses you find. You Attribute EXP will be randomly distributed between your Va and Fire. You might get only one for awhile before you get the other, again it's randomly distributed.

For example, I fought WaruMonzaemon (Dark/Virus) with my Peckmon (Wind/Vaccine) and got EXP for both my Va and Wind Attributes. I then digivolved it to Crowmon (Dark/Vaccine) and still kept getting EXP for both Va and Dark. However, fighting Blossomon (Wood/Data) did not get me any EXP for Peckmon, despite the fact that Wind beats Wood.

The system was very poorly explained in the patch notes and is also still full of bugs. Repeated testing with Lopmon and it's champion evolutions has given me no consistent results, leading me to the conclusion that this particular Digimon is very bugged. So bear in mind that it still might just flat-out not work. I have a theory that Digimon whose Basic Attribute changes at different stages are bugged.

If anyone has any information conflicting with my findings, feel free to post. My consistent results were limited to Peckmon/Crowmon after all, so if you want to test this method with other species to see if you get the same results that would be cool.  

you don't get the exp randomly, you get it alternately Smile

AkuTenshiiZero

Rank 0
AkuTenshiiZero
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:52 am
jlcbubba wrote:
Try returning Eggs with your Lopmon out, my Lalamon wouldn't get any attribute EXP from killing Vaccine types, yet after returning (or scanning) Eggs (most notably returning the cracked ones), both my Wood EXP and Data EXP would be higher than it was.  

Tested and confirmed with Lopmon. After fighting WaruMonzaemon with Peckmon for my Va/Wind EXP, I returned all the broken eggs with Lopmon active and gained Ice EXP. I'm going to guess this is not supposed to happen, but at least it's a method of gaining EXP for now until they fix it.

moneykid21

Rank 0
moneykid21
PostedMar 28, 2013 9:26 pm
u Guys do realize there is a guide/explanation to this on youtube right?

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedMar 29, 2013 5:52 am
moneykid21 wrote:
u Guys do realize there is a guide/explanation to this on youtube right?  
should throw a link here lolz

moneykid21

Rank 0
moneykid21
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:04 am

novasiriflame

Rank 0
novasiriflame
PostedMar 30, 2013 11:12 am
Vaccine and Virus Digimon gain EXP for both Base and Elemental Attributes by fighting when they are at an advantage. You get the most when fighting against the corresponding Base type. IE Virus vs Data or Vaccine Vs Virus.

Datas are different in regards they ONLY gain EXP for both attributes by Refunding eggs. Cracked and Blue eggs gain the most in return. This IS INTENDED as it has been this way on the KR version ever since the system was introduced.

The only real advantage to this system is that when you max out that digimon's type you gain a 30-40% increase in damage. And this effect does stack if you are at a double advantage.

Like a VA/Light vs the ever common VI/Darkness. However.

Attributes only take into effect if the Digimon has that type active. A DA digimon with a Vac point in it's like will NOT gain benefits from a maxed out Vac attribute in a Data form, and vise versa with elements.