Zaebja

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Zaebja
PostedMar 21, 2013 8:38 am
Kiralyn2000 wrote:
Question for people with just AoE builds - how do you deal with the long cooldowns? Fastest thing is 5 seconds, the rest are more (some much more). So do you take long downtime between each pack?

I've been focusing up til now, with the classes I've tried, on trying to figure out good combat rotations so I can just keep farming mobs. (Like, with Defender fighting regular mobs, I only use three skills, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the left column. 2-4-2-3-2 mob generally dead, 4 is almost recharged, move on to the next.) With the AoE build, though, it seems like less of a "rotation" and more of an alpha-strike then wait for cooldowns. (also seems like that wouldn't solo bosses well. Since, once you've hit everything, you're stuck standing there getting hit.)

Or am I looking at it completely wrong? (which is likely Very Happy )  
if you just do a straight AoE build its not going to work out very well. That's why I added the 2 skills in the first column, they have kind of short reload times and they are pretty strong.

@excalion4122
It's okay for PvP due to the fact that her tier 2 moves + hook and sinker work well. Try using the fire move as well, you might get a kill after you die ^_~. The downsides from this builds for PvP is its not that strong compared to how the other players are. Don't forget to wear cyber suit and have your chipped pet out.

IGN: Zaebja <Curse> | Whipper Guide Soon to be Edited
Advertisement

yumerohan

Rank 0
yumerohan
PostedMar 21, 2013 11:03 am
I currently play a Medic but plan to play a whipper

how does this build look at 44 cap (excluding the two new skills as we probably won't get them yet)

Acchan & Takamina

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 6:19 pm
Looks good, looks like it's for PvE I assume? Those two skills with 8 points into the first column, I'd probably make them 5 each only and put the rest into other AOE skills since it's just more power to get AOEs lol

yumerohan

Rank 0
yumerohan
PostedMar 21, 2013 9:55 pm
laosduude wrote:
Looks good, looks like it's for PvE I assume? Those two skills with 8 points into the first column, I'd probably make them 5 each only and put the rest into other AOE skills since it's just more power to get AOEs lol  

I also plan to PvP with it, went for a lot of disables as I plan to group PvP more often than solo hunt

Acchan & Takamina

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 10:15 pm
This is what I came up with instead for 44 from moving those first tier points around because those things are single target skills and I'd use them to kill time before other AOE things come off cooldown lol

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ckkbayizuvwivonkrbwwdmcgtjecdxnvw

yumerohan

Rank 0
yumerohan
PostedMar 21, 2013 11:30 pm
laosduude wrote:
This is what I came up with instead for 44 from moving those first tier points around because those things are single target skills and I'd use them to kill time before other AOE things come off cooldown lol

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ckkbayizuvwivonkrbwwdmcgtjecdxnvw  

hm i thought at 44 there was 61 skill points rather than 67

Acchan & Takamina

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 11:42 pm
Oh yeah that's right, the level requirement on the top of the calculator threw me off then.

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ckkbayizuvwivonkrbwwdmbqfsjmwftbq

I just took more points off tier 1 and 2.

People been saying once you get her geared up, her defense buff wouldn't be that much of help? Meaning we could possibly take some more points off the tier 6 tank buff and throw it in more skills for power! Because she's pretty tanky with points into the passive and getting gear as you level up.

Da.mn lol can't wait til the release to actually play with this stuff xD

yumerohan

Rank 0
yumerohan
PostedMar 22, 2013 12:36 am
laosduude wrote:
Oh yeah that's right, the level requirement on the top of the calculator threw me off then.

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#ckkbayizuvwivonkrbwwdmbqfsjmwftbq

I just took more points off tier 1 and 2.

People been saying once you get her geared up, her defense buff wouldn't be that much of help? Meaning we could possibly take some more points off the tier 6 tank buff and throw it in more skills for power! Because she's pretty tanky with points into the passive and getting gear as you level up.

Da.mn lol can't wait til the release to actually play with this stuff xD  

yeah im excited to see the changes with the 44 cap

Acchan & Takamina

shurikenz_92

Rank 0
shurikenz_92
PostedMar 22, 2013 4:58 pm
actually the debuff from end line of tier 1 is extremely painful... it reduce the def and void, which if used in streak with 1st skill of tier 2, it will be extremely useful against boss or caergate enemy...

Zaebja

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Zaebja
PostedMar 22, 2013 5:49 pm
shurikenz_92 wrote:
actually the debuff from end line of tier 1 is extremely painful... it reduce the def and void, which if used in streak with 1st skill of tier 2, it will be extremely useful against boss or caergate enemy...  
It's not so usefull right now because you can't upgrade it really with the lvl 29 cap. It will be nice to use with the lvl 44 cap in the future ^_~

IGN: Zaebja <Curse> | Whipper Guide Soon to be Edited