filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 19, 2013 2:42 pm
Based on example Builds and the discussion in this Topic, I have come up with this.

[EU Server] Eternal - [Website] [Forum Topic]
Advertisement

eniguman

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
eniguman
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:38 pm
From trying both the single target builds and the AOE builds in PvE I'd have to say the AOE builds work better all around in PvE. Whipper's AOE skills in the second, third and fourth columns work well together wether you're fighting single target or multiple. I honestly focused on the 2 in the second column that lower defense and chakra resistances then poured more into the 3rd and 4th column skills. It makes questing and grinding much faster as I can gather a cluster of monsters and AOE them down all at once plus I can still kill a single target like a boss really fast. I took Hook and SInker because it's nice to pull a single monster out of a group and it also lets me drag stragglers into my group that I'm AOEing. Sometimes there is a lone ranged monster that is out of range and I use it to drag it to me so it can be AOEd with the rest. Also it does still apply a stun which can be handy so yanking monsters to you isn't it's only function.

My few ventures in to PvP with this AOE build I still tend to rack up more kills than most of the other people on my team but then I tend to hop in my mech for most of PvP and I have a suicidal tendency to hop in to large groups and spam AOEs on my mech which gets me killed alot but it also nets me tons of kills at the same time which is the point.

I'll try to post my build later but it's almost exactly the same as Zaebja's build.

SSC guild leader. I play Scarlet Blade for the articles.

Zaebja

GameSage: Scarlet Blade
Zaebja
PostedMar 19, 2013 7:49 pm
I changed my build a little bit around due to a somewhat long wait from skill reload. I integrated two moves from the first column which in my opinion are fairly good and help pass the time with skill reload. I feel like this build is better than my previous :] I will post it as soon as I level once more.

IGN: KingPoop <Curse> | Whipper Guide - 2 New Builds!

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:25 pm   Last edited by laosduude on Mar 19, 2013 11:41 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I wonder if this will work for PvP/PvE late game.

http://sb.reyva.com/sim/ss#xdaohpcmtsvnialyfspuewwznjwwfbndoz

Zaebja

Zaebja
PostedMar 20, 2013 9:58 pm
Here's my greatest build up to date!

This works extremly well in PvE, pretty good in 1v1s, and somewhat okay in PvP.
I used the two skills in the first column to help deal with skill reload time and they are actually pretty strong. My buffs help a lot but it was a necessary sacrifice to lower down how much I put into them. The skill Intuition isn't necessary due to the fact you can hit a SW while it is hidden and Provocation can also detect within its range. The 9 in defense is basically a must, I haven't found putting HP passive very useful for me. This can amount of points I have in this picture is 39 which can be achieved through doing puzzles, leveling up, and doing quests by lvl 26.

By the way whippers try this out:
1)Go near aggros
2)Get on your bike
3)Drive around the aggros
4)Get decent sized mob and hop off
5) KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2013 10:50 pm
Pretty nice build there. What do you think about the taunt skill? Kind of weird to have as her class, but she does tank pretty well. Got plans for the level 44 cap too? Like putting more point's into tier 4 column for PvE? And the 2nd column seems to scale low on damage, but the debuffs are nice, gotta see how well those work with more points. I been messing around with the simulator and working towards a mroe PvE based build and Whipper aoe's a lot in PvP as any set up to me lol.

Zaebja

Zaebja
PostedMar 20, 2013 10:59 pm
laosduude wrote:
Pretty nice build there. What do you think about the taunt skill? Kind of weird to have as her class, but she does tank pretty well. Got plans for the level 44 cap too? Like putting more point's into tier 4 column for PvE? And the 2nd column seems to scale low on damage, but the debuffs are nice, gotta see how well those work with more points. I been messing around with the simulator and working towards a mroe PvE based build and Whipper aoe's a lot in PvP as any set up to me lol.  
I'm enjoying the emote "Want to see me draw my name with my whip?"

I don't really know for lvl 44 yet, but I'll probably go with:
1)Keep on upgrading defense
2) Tier 3 and 4 are a must when upgrading because those are the best AoE moves.
3)Not sure but Upgrade Hook and sinker.
4) Upgrade the last skill on tier 2. It's a very helpful stun.
5) Choose between upgrading the two skills in Tier 1, your two buffs in tier 6, or the other Skills in tier 2.

excalion4122

Rank 0
excalion4122
PostedMar 21, 2013 5:52 am
Zaebja wrote:
Here's my greatest build up to date!

This works extremly well in PvE, pretty good in 1v1s, and somewhat okay in PvP.
I used the two skills in the first column to help deal with skill reload time and they are actually pretty strong. My buffs help a lot but it was a necessary sacrifice to lower down how much I put into them. The skill Intuition isn't necessary due to the fact you can hit a SW while it is hidden and Provocation can also detect within its range. The 9 in defense is basically a must, I haven't found putting HP passive very useful for me. This can amount of points I have in this picture is 39 which can be achieved through doing puzzles, leveling up, and doing quests by lvl 26.

By the way whippers try this out:
1)Go near aggros
2)Get on your bike
3)Drive around the aggros
4)Get decent sized mob and hop off
5) KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

You said this build is "somewhat" good at PvP. What do you mean by that? Can you get like to top 5 at the end of BG or something like that?

Smile

Playing Scarlet Blade as Spyroxion (yes, I'm the real one:) )

laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 5:59 am
excalion4122 wrote:

You said this build is "somewhat" good at PvP. What do you mean by that? Can you get like to top 5 at the end of BG or something like that?

Smile  

Column Tier 2 and 3 have debuffs and knockouts/disables, which are really great for controlling and locking people down in PvP, works well in PvE also. And hook and sinker is amazing for PvP too, grab someone from range, do some damage, and even knock them out for some second(s).

Kiralyn2000

Rank 0
Kiralyn2000
PostedMar 21, 2013 7:13 am
Question for people with just AoE builds - how do you deal with the long cooldowns? Fastest thing is 5 seconds, the rest are more (some much more). So do you take long downtime between each pack?

I've been focusing up til now, with the classes I've tried, on trying to figure out good combat rotations so I can just keep farming mobs. (Like, with Defender fighting regular mobs, I only use three skills, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in the left column. 2-4-2-3-2 mob generally dead, 4 is almost recharged, move on to the next.) With the AoE build, though, it seems like less of a "rotation" and more of an alpha-strike then wait for cooldowns. (also seems like that wouldn't solo bosses well. Since, once you've hit everything, you're stuck standing there getting hit.)

Or am I looking at it completely wrong? (which is likely Very Happy )