zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

NTVDM error

I've had no previous problems with gf but I wiped my computer and installed a new windows ansd when I try to install gf it comes up with a black screen and a box saying NTVDM has encountered an illegal error. It does this everytime. Plz help

Posted By Aeria Mobile
Advertisement

Kalibrah

Rank 0
Kalibrah
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:30 pm   Last edited by Kalibrah on Mar 19, 2013 5:37 am. Edited 2 times in total
Hi,
I looked on the internet for a few articles to find a solution to your issue, Here are some of the articles I found

Here
Here

I may not have written them, but I hope they help out a bit.

zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:52 pm
I performed the clean boot but it still won't download. I can download other games but it comes up with the error only when I attempt to install aeria games

Posted By Aeria Mobile

kakazu876

Rank 1
kakazu876
With my love and grape kool-aid United States
PostedMar 18, 2013 3:27 pm
I did a little searching around the interwebs and found a few things. It seems that Aeria isnt being detected as a valid Windows application. The system is running in what I quote "MS-DOS mode". Maybe try re-downloading the EXE? Also it may be because youre not running the file on a DOS. Maybe try turning off your firewall as well? Can you also give what the message sais exactly, or does it only say "NTVDM has encountered an illegal error"? Good luck! Hope I was able to help.

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Re: NTVDM error

zacmac1 wrote:
I've had no previous problems with gf but I wiped my computer and installed a new windows ansd when I try to install gf it comes up with a black screen and a box saying NTVDM has encountered an illegal error. It does this everytime. Plz help  

What version of windows are you running and is it a valid version of windows (not from the "bay"). What sort of antivirus programs do you have running? (make sure your computer is clean, as viruses can trigger this sort of thing).

@Kalibrah: If you don't know what you're doing, even copying/pasting doesn't always help./

zacmac1

Rank 3
zacmac1
PostedMar 19, 2013 12:43 am
How do I redownload the EXE? And ill try turning of the firewall. I've already ran it as admoinstrator but it still won't work

Posted By Aeria Mobile

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:49 am
zacmac1 wrote:
How do I redownload the EXE? And ill try turning of the firewall. I've already ran it as admoinstrator but it still won't work  

These are the following steps you should take:

1. Make SURE your computer can even handle Grand Fantasia. For a list of system requirements please view this.

2. Download and run an antivirus program. Use either Spybot, Malwarebytes, or any of the like.

If you cannot download an AV program, hard reset your computer and run your computer in safe mode with internet capabilities, so only basic windows functions are running.

3. Clear your system/internet cache. A good program to do this for you would be Ccleaner. This will clear out all temporary files (will leave download history alone), saved passwords, computer history, old logs, etc.

4. Update your drivers! Search for google on how-to via your operating system and for figuring out where to online.

5. Download and install GameBooster. This isolates and shuts off unnecessary windows processes to give you better all game performance.

6. Defrag your computer. For instructions on your operating system on how to do this please use google.

7. Uninstall Grand Fantasia. You will want to download from a mirror. A mirror essentially will leave out ignite and akami. Reinstall it.

8. Allow GF through your antivirus and firewall settings.

9. Start Grand Fantasia as an administrator.

If these do not work, please post back.