coitus14

Rank 0
coitus14
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:14 pm   Last edited by coitus14 on Mar 18, 2013 5:54 pm. Edited 4 times in total
As a Requiem member, I just want a challenging PVP, nothing more nothing less. If a realm cannot offer a challenging PVP to me, then I will join that realm and fight my previous realm that has a winning spree. Simple as that.

Edit:
/troll

Dear Devs,

Please give Requiem their own realm so that this QQ'ers will stop bashing the PvP loving people of Requiem. Since we don't mind being outnumbered and getting our *** kicked by other players.

Thank you.
Advertisement

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:15 pm   Last edited by Sehlyet on Mar 18, 2013 5:44 pm. Edited 1 time in total
If you read nothing else in this post than please all I ask is completely disregard what norm and badshaiya wrote in regards to limiting faction switching it is beyond comprehensible as to how this could help the game in any way.

LOL, ok... let me understand this. Darkened hearts (or at least a few members from said guild) are angry with requiem for switching to the weaker realm and helping them. Claiming we do it for ourselves and are preventing new people from joining the faction they want. Ok lets think about this.

1. If realm switching was not available one faction would almost assuredly have considerably more people than the other this leads to boring pvp for both factions. Not being able to switch freely will lead to a severe imbalance which people would complain about and ask for dione side to be locked and only eos able to gain new players thus preventing players from choosing the side they want to join. So your whole argument is invalid by that alone.

It should also be noted that every single time we faction change (at a huge cost to ourselves in terms of gp, gold and being 8 hours without a guild etc.) PvP Always improves it is not our fault certain players are so weak willed that they will quit attending the moment their faction begins to lose.

2. Badshaiya girl wrote "devotion to one realm was the aim of the game" ok let me ask you this. Beyond Realm vs. Realm what does being in one faction or another affect? hmm nothing, not one single thing. If the game allows you the ability to switch between realms at the cost of both gold and glory points than I would say that your assessment of the intention of the developers is incorrect.

3. Twice people have mentioned that we are exploiting/abusing the faction change system. This is completely false the system was so blatantly designed that if one faction is at a disadvantage to the other; then they may switch to said losing faction to help that faction. Any other trivial logic you can think of that contradicts this is completely with out merit.

Does the faction balance system need work, yes, but your suggestion of limiting individuals to one faction because of some kind of weird nationalistic ideals that in no way help bring balance to the game, and in fact unbalance it is completely absurd.

tl;dr The idea of limiting others enjoyment of the game based solely on the idea of faction loyalty is a terrible idea.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: My 2 cents for what it's worth

I shall pull a Da Vinci and solve your hidden riddle in your post.

tl;dr: QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Alright time to widdle down what you actually typed.

Nornkitty wrote:
1. First off let's talk about how this game is almost 3 months into open beta now and a lot needs worked on and new content is desperately. I'd like to see instanced content for guilds and or parities to where we have to work for some nice item drops. It's too easy to blow through levels and hit level cap. I say leave the gold drops and item drops alone, add rune drops after temple so it gives us higher levels a place to farm and keep the experience gain to where we have to work for it.  

Absolutely. I think everyone could agree that this game is in dire need of a patch. I'm sure it's not AGE's fault with this entirely I'm sure it's mainly developers slacking like most developers that are working with AGE in every game. This game is already too far from saving with 3 months of wait before a single patch that is worthwhile. Even with new content, level cap, area, class, and item mall this game won't become a successful AGE game.

The cap in levels deserve a face lift. I absolutely expected 40-42 to take a few days not just a few hours. Given I was a SM and we had an unfair advantage in temple but there was a distinct lack of care when deciding experience necessary to level.

Nornkitty wrote:
Also I think the armor pieces are just plain bland and boring, everyone looks the same, I feel like as a shadowmage i'm wearing a dress, as spell casters I'd like to have robes, hood, pointy hat etc oh and not high heels either. I'm sure warriors and paladins would like helmets too.  

Sorry but what? This game already dropped it's lack of care with character creation so why would a dress or gown matter to you? If it were my choice I'd prefer having a complete re-haul with the character customization screen.

Nornkitty wrote:
2. Next is the FPS issue, it's not just in RvR, it's also in castle siege and it is also in temple. I don't know how many times in temple my game has almost or has come to a grinding halt with all the mobs that are stacked in the hallways. Is that really necessary to have that many enemies? The hallways are congested as is and it sure would be nice to be able to navigate through the temple without getting attacked every step you take. The other day I died helping a guild mate get to Krekan, or at least we tried to because of the lag I got stuck facing a wall and could not move.  

The issue is beneath majority of the games terrain is running water. You can actually view it by walking up a hill/rough terrain and slowly angling your camera down until you see inside the hill and it's water throughout the map. RvR is prime example of this as there is a large land mass surrounded by water falls and it's a ton of extra consuming your performance. This game does have a really horrid "optimized" engine though and AGE is a fool if they still believe what the developers tell them.

Temple should not lag however there are a few spots where it will spike but that's mainly your own hardware.

Nornkitty wrote:
3. Realm abuse. Yes I am going to say it. I do not think it's fair for any group at all to have 2 guilds on both sides, period. As I see it, it's abuse of the realm faction and it is being used to only benefit "said group" when they see fit whenever they want to hop realms on a whim. Having choices in a game is great, we all love it, but when you make your choice to what realm you want, then that's the choice you are dealt with. This also causes an imbalance and an issue to those players who are new and want to join either Dione/Eos. I've seen questions in the SB asking why they can't join and it's because of whatever group keeps switching, that realm is at max population. Either they need to increase the population cap or what I am suggesting is this.  

Sorry but what? If it weren't for Requiem switching, yes I'm a member of them, there would be no Eos PvPers they would have quit long ago with how uneven the sides were. Face it, Requiem has kept majority of the PvPers who currently still play still around as we switch it up so both sides have fun. If you don't share the same view than sorry but you need a reality check that is the truth.

With that cleared up. I'm going to go get a drink and take some excedrin as I've got a headache. Gotta love sinuses! Will check back in a bit and respond to the other posts I haven't even read them yet.

leebrave2

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:53 pm
The FPS six is the main thing needing fixed, then the other players like myself will return to the game

badshaiyagirl

Rank 0
badshaiyagirl
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:42 pm
@ Sehlyet :
2. Badshaiya girl wrote "devotion to one realm was the aim of the game" ok let me ask you this. Beyond Realm vs. Realm what does being in one faction or another affect? hmm nothing, not one single thing. If the game allows you the ability to switch between realms at the cost of both gold and glory points than I would say that your assessment of the intention of the developers is incorrect.
would be fine if you restarted guild from lvl 1 and massivly costly.... and all your farmed bp would reset... ( oh wait your not exploiting your helping the game )

Quote: MPure Currently I and many others have nothing to buy with BP, as has been the case for quite a while now. Try again.

^this was before any decisions to *help the game out* yeah?

Your 1 of Us

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:01 pm
BP is for the most part acquired from castle sieges.

And yes, some of us have nothing to buy but still wish to support the weaker faction to accomplish more enjoyable pvp for both sides. What is so hard to understand? Did you actually enjoy all of those RVR where all that happened was well, nothing?
MPure wrote:
BP is just a number, a pixel. Time is real, though - and I'd like to think helping the losing side makes the experience more enjoyable for both parties involved. Wink  

ilockes

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:08 pm
badshaiyagirl wrote:
*Coughs* thought selfs personally said they were just in it for the battle points...@ Pure... And follow no religion and a realmless guild..ie: in it for YOURselfs.... you are not helping balance.. (you are the inbalance because you have zero loyalties to any realm )you are in it for yourself... devotion to one realm was the aim of the game..you have been playing with the mechanics of the game.. and your exploits have been noted between all guilds of both realms...so self wishes you luck in your mercenary ways and for private gain. IE aka battle points ect and such and im pretty sure req/requiem will quit and move like they do in every other mmo because you dont change your game style and people catch onto your false godlike ways ...

Puts quill to rest and caps the ink pot.

Sindah Blackheart
Darkenedhearts

Plz feel free to address any further discussion soley to self.

pps... self has return from vacation... hello nice ones ./winkz  

badshaiyagirl wrote:
yeah the try again comes after lots of realm change period though aye really pure? and max bp  

badshaiyagirl wrote:
Actually self retracts last comment in respect of norns origanal post and direction... /pokes tongue out at pure though ./winks  

badshaiyagirl wrote:
@ Sehlyet :
would be fine if you restarted guild from lvl 1 and massivly costly.... and all your farmed bp would reset... ( oh wait your not exploiting your helping the game )

Quote: MPure Currently I and many others have nothing to buy with BP, as has been the case for quite a while now. Try again.

Quoting all this for future reference Surprised

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:09 pm
Pure - It's hard for him/her to understand because he/she does not like to lose. So while it's not an issue when we're on her side but when we switch it's suddenly criminal activity.

Badshaiyagirl - It's nonsense just open your eyes and read what we're saying. We switch for fun. We switch for equality for both teams. We switch to keep the PvP factor in this game alive. When Requiem was started the inner core decided to stay completely neutral to either realm and as we decided we've always switched as soon as the losing side stops attending RvR's. If you don't like losing go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play.

Can't we get back to the topic? You're making yourself look bad trying to bad talk Requiem when your guild member had a legitimate thread concerning the game.

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:15 pm
badshaiyagirl wrote:
@ Sehlyet :

The vast majority and i mean like 90% of our bp has come from castle seige which has nothing to do with realms. We switch because camping a losing faction is not exactly our idea of fun. If dione begins to lose every single rvr and can only muster 5-10 players than we will switch back.

You're basically just mad/jealous so your turning this personal vendetta against requiem into some kind of game bug. Or you're just kind of crazy talking about mercenary ways and realm loyalty etc. Regardless the reasons you want us to not be able to faction change are for your own personal interests and have nothing to do with helping the game.

Honestly we could of just stayed in dione and let RvR completely die. We would all be a little richer, would have 100k+ glory points easily, and save ourselves the hassle of forming a new guild getting it to lvl 5 and getting all of our members over to it. It would have been a lot easier, but instead we faction changed to eos and back again once dione completely gave up to help the losing faction.

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: My 2 cents for what it's worth

Nornkitty wrote:
3. Realm abuse. Yes I am going to say it. I do not think it's fair for any group at all to have 2 guilds on both sides, period. As I see it, it's abuse of the realm faction and it is being used to only benefit "said group" when they see fit whenever they want to hop realms on a whim. Having choices in a game is great, we all love it, but when you make your choice to what realm you want, then that's the choice you are dealt with. This also causes an imbalance and an issue to those players who are new and want to join either Dione/Eos. I've seen questions in the SB asking why they can't join and it's because of whatever group keeps switching, that realm is at max population. Either they need to increase the population cap or what I am suggesting is this.  

IMHO ... Inactive players/players who quit and barely played alts with realms cause a larger imbalance for Realms than "realm hopping."

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"