Nornkitty

Rank 2
Nornkitty
PostedMar 18, 2013 12:58 pm

My 2 cents for what it's worth

I'm here to voice my concerns for the game as well as what I see is going wrong with the game and what IS wrong with the game in hopes that maybe, just MAYBE I will be heard and speak for those who feel the same way I do and it gets implemented in a fix.

I don't expect you all to feel the way I do. I do not want to have this post to feel like a thread or attack on anyone. These are my opinions.

1. First off let's talk about how this game is almost 3 months into open beta now and a lot needs worked on and new content is desperately. I'd like to see instanced content for guilds and or parities to where we have to work for some nice item drops. It's too easy to blow through levels and hit level cap. I say leave the gold drops and item drops alone, add rune drops after temple so it gives us higher levels a place to farm and keep the experience gain to where we have to work for it. I like going through a game and it's storyline, not blow and breeze through it. Also I think the armor pieces are just plain bland and boring, everyone looks the same, I feel like as a shadowmage i'm wearing a dress, as spell casters I'd like to have robes, hood, pointy hat etc oh and not high heels either. I'm sure warriors and paladins would like helmets too.

2. Next is the FPS issue, it's not just in RvR, it's also in castle siege and it is also in temple. I don't know how many times in temple my game has almost or has come to a grinding halt with all the mobs that are stacked in the hallways. Is that really necessary to have that many enemies? The hallways are congested as is and it sure would be nice to be able to navigate through the temple without getting attacked every step you take. The other day I died helping a guild mate get to Krekan, or at least we tried to because of the lag I got stuck facing a wall and could not move.

a. The issue with the PvP FPS issue is to me, I do not think the devs really thought through the construction of these areas to hold such a large amount of players. Like temple, these areas are too congested. In RvR you have the bridges and then even the top is not that large of an area. The only way this ever getting fixed is an instanced RvR where we can fight in a much larger open spaced area. Add random spawn areas in safe zones away from the main fighting areas and make you not be able to be attacked until a timer goes off, maybe this also will do away with camping IF the area is large enough and the spawn areas like I said, are more random.

b. Same thing applies with castle seige. Alliance is badly needed, yes I know it is coming and it will help out communicating with guilds that are not in the same realm as us that we are defending/attacking with guild chat, but let's get back to the matter at hand. A lot of the castle siege areas are also too small and congested to hold said number of people. Spawn camping is also an issue for those who are defending a castle, as my guild got spawn camped at Lubider a few times, they need to also make random spawn points, not just a few, the only way I can see castle siege working is again, making it instanced like my suggestion with RvR and make the siege area larger, make more parts of the castle to be attacked and destroyed other than 2 gates and a few statues. PvP needs to be more strategic and it is hard to do when we are all in a small area together. All that happens is just an all out fight.

3. Realm abuse. Yes I am going to say it. I do not think it's fair for any group at all to have 2 guilds on both sides, period. As I see it, it's abuse of the realm faction and it is being used to only benefit "said group" when they see fit whenever they want to hop realms on a whim. Having choices in a game is great, we all love it, but when you make your choice to what realm you want, then that's the choice you are dealt with. This also causes an imbalance and an issue to those players who are new and want to join either Dione/Eos. I've seen questions in the SB asking why they can't join and it's because of whatever group keeps switching, that realm is at max population. Either they need to increase the population cap or what I am suggesting is this.

Give a voucher as a quest item, and make it one time use only, not to be traded, not to be sold so that if a player changes their mind or has friends that joined or already is in another realm, at least we get a chance to be in the realm we want. Other than that, if you already are settled with the realm you want you don't have to do the quest and stay where you are.

4. I want to help and educate the player community as much as I can and I love all the friends I have made, I'm Norn, that's my character a Shadowmage. I have friends from both dione and eos and to me, it's not just about dione is the best eos sucks or what realm is better, it's about enjoying the game with my friends no matter what side they are on and just having fun with them. That's what games SHOULD be about. I hope that everyone else follows that mantra and I do enjoy playing with everyone that I meet. If anyone ever needs help or has questions you can always ask me and I will do what I can for you.

-Norn-
Advertisement

shaiyaexileblah

Rank 0
shaiyaexileblah
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Hear hear

Norn is a valid member of Darkenedhearts and always been there to help everyone no just t dh members but all in the game. I agree with everything he has said and hope that the developers take note if not of all that he has mentioned but at least 25% of it As i have major issues with the rvr and castle siege fps it sometimes makes me not want to even turn up to these events but as a leader of a guild and my members wish to attend i will sacrafice my well being in the game for them. I also have issues in the temple but only on certain rooms and levels . As i have been in this game from day one of close beta i hope that these issues will soon be addressed because as of now certain players not myself included are thinking of leaving dko for other games if this hapopens dko will die and as an avid fan of dko this would be a shame..... (Monkey will be homeless)
Please please just address if anything the fps

Monkey

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:18 pm
First of all, nice post, straight to the point without any offensive language used. That is a rarity nowadays Wink

We did not get any content updates yet after 3 months of Open Beta, but the Developers main focus is to fix the FPS issues first.
As a member of Requiem, the Guild you most likely thought of when mentioning "Realm abuse", I am not saying this to defend the Guild or any other player that is switching Realms, but our reason why we switch is to support the weaker Realm and have equal fights at RvR.
I agree with your point and switching Realms should not be that easy and cheap, once you have made a decision and joined a Realm, you stick with it. The game offers you 20 probation levels to meet people and decide which Realm you would like to be in. If you still want to change, than either by a 1-time Quest like you mentioned or an AP Item. People should not be mass switching. There is a lot of discussion material about preventing Realm-switching, but lets leave that for now.

Bioghost20

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:07 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself.
In all case, this game is in desperate need of new content and everything else to keep players happy and loyal. Seems to me the whole game has come to a grinding halt. Everyone is selling the same items, grinding away with no useful xp gains. The only things people care for now are rune drops for lvl 42's and boss hunting. Which in itself has become a serious bore.

Everyone's main concern in the RvR and CS. What good are they when everyone is max lvl cap and can't lvl up and gain new skills etc... Hence why it's such a camp fest.

I don't know I love the game, but slowly starting to lose hope in Dev's. And now with Scarlet Blade out (which I wont play btw) I'm afraid DK wont get as much attention as it reacquires.

Let's just wait and see I guess.

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:39 pm   Last edited by xsaomix on Mar 18, 2013 2:46 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Not to be off topic, but why do i not see many people using " PK " option for pvp outside of RvR or Castle siege? Its open map , free for all pvp, as long as its activated.

On side note, Really awesome suggestions. Switching sides should not be so simple, maybe make the quest to switch enabled only after a certain level? Or the ability to switch a one time thing until you are that quest level. Then giving you the option again, if needed. Never know what kind of problems could arise between clans, or realms.. sometimes a switch is necessary. But people do abuse it, so something should be done.

Edit: For example after level 20 you can join guild, and have ability to switch 1 time at cost of X amount of gold. But then a quest can pop up at Realm manager(watever she's called lol) @ level 40, for someone to use or save if necessary for their toon.

Limitations should be made, in my opinion. Kind of brainstorming so.. that's best thing i could come up with lol

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:43 pm
People do not use PK Mode but it provides no real advantage of using it.
Yes, you get a 3% Attack and Defense Buff, but people also lose 5% if they die.

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:47 pm
filipvarga wrote:
People do not use PK Mode but it provides no real advantage of using it.
Yes, you get a 3% Attack and Defense Buff, but people also lose 5% if they die.  

I see, hopefully that also can be changed. Would be fun i think to make it a bit more worth while.

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:50 pm
I would rather see PK Mode removed, add the ability to send people Duel requests and have certain high level PvP-enabled areas instead.

xsaomix

Rank 0
xsaomix
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:55 pm
Yes that would be amazing.. I do miss the ability to duel.

I would just love to see a fight outside of just RvR, and Castle siege. Nothing timed, just open pvp! However, like you mentioned before the exp loss could be a damper on that. Why cant it be disabled when pvp is "on"?

Food for thought: What about instanced pvp Question

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 18, 2013 3:09 pm
According to a Developer Interview that was posted a while ago (and an e-mail reply I received from the Developer), there will be new PvP areas aswell as Open World PvP.
There are a lot of bugs that have to be fixed before launching new content, we will have to be patient.