BeastXLR8ED

Rank 0
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:07 am

How do you all qs and crouch more conveniently?

Quickswitching is really hard for me since I cant move and dodge people while doing so since i woulod have to move my finger from the walking keys to the Q, how do u guys do it? ALso, How do you all crouch/move and shoot so accurately mainly with para and xm8 cuz when i use para and crouch I lose aim and shoot everywhere and when i fight people who are crouching/standing/crouch and moving with para im like wth o.0. Do you guys still use ctrl to crouch or did u change the key for easier access?

IGN: FLaSHFReeZ
Advertisement

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:17 am
Qs when breaking for breakshots. Use 3-1.

Dont shoot as you crouch and move, only at the end of each movement (IE when you stop for a second shoot). Try to keep the shooting while moving to a minimum.

Tap faster?

iambignoob01

Rank 3
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:21 am
for a person new to quickswitching, just go with the standard q then q for now

i use my middle finger on my left hand, and press it almost as a reaction every time i fire

one good way to practice is to do ai cannon by yourself and practice doing this against the bots until you stop panicking and get it down to a natural reaction

then go to a sniper no semi room and practice against other people who do this regularly and see how you compare

then play some regular annihilation before trying demo against users of all weapons finally

it will take a few hours to get the hang of it or maybe a few days

hope that helps you out

khoieieralle

Rank 1
khoieieralle
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:22 am
tap faster...

i use all keys default..

jpnmusic3

Rank 1
jpnmusic3
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:22 am
I use 2-1 since it's up to (w) and (a). for crouching, I use the middle of my pinky so lol... and for walking, I use Alt, since Shift don't work on any computer I use.... dumb french keyboard >o>!

Bertiebaws

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:54 am

Re: How do you all qs and crouch more conveniently?

BeastXLR8ED wrote:
Quickswitching is really hard for me since I cant move and dodge people while doing so since i woulod have to move my finger from the walking keys to the Q, how do u guys do it?  

I use ring finger for A and Q keys just means cant straf left and qs. I use scroll wheel to qs if I have to straf left. Although I often mess this up and end up standing there like a fool in front of my enemy holding binos or C4

BeastXLR8ED wrote:

ALso, How do you all crouch/move and shoot so accurately mainly with para and xm8 cuz when i use para and crouch I lose aim and shoot everywhere and when i fight people who are crouching/standing/crouch and moving with para im like wth o.0. Do you guys still use ctrl to crouch or did u change the key for easier access?  

Although I using AK47 not para I thought I got better aim while using Shift or Ctrl with pinkie easy to switch between them. As already said wait till pause between moves to fire. Are you right clicking mouse for zoomed aim shot?

blaznyuu

Rank 4
blaznyuu
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:22 am
I can haz quote myself :3

blaznyuu wrote:
I set my mouse buttons 4 and 5 for primary weapon and for knife. This way not only I can easily switch to knife when I want to stab them but I can quick switch nicely because this 2 mouse buttons are next to each other and I just swipe my finger through them (upper button = knife, lower button = main weapon). I like it this way.  

anyway, best way to quick switch for me is to use my 2 extra mouse buttons on the left side of my mouse (they're usually meant for previous and next). and I can swipe through them very fast with my thumb.

My Event: click this if you're not single =^.^= ElumineLily, 25thNight, BlaZcoWicZ, 25thBaam, iNyuuBlaZ, RWBY, Yoredet, KIRITOxASUNA, ShiWoonYi, NiTianErXing

pz.e

Rank 3
pz.e
PostedMar 19, 2013 10:23 am
most people use ctrl as far as i know
i use alt because it's more convenient, plus over the years i've always used ctrl as a PTT key on VOiP
i have big hands and i find it easier for my thumb to hit alt than using my palm to hit ctrl

as for qs'ing if you have an issue going to the Q, change the button to something that's not used in-game and more convenient for your hand to hit

and maybe get a mechanical switch keyboard if you're having trouble, that could be your main problem

some people use the 2-1 method to QS instead of QQ
i go back and forth, depending

2-1 method is press to for your pistol, then 1 for your primary, if your keys are setup that way

the way i hold my hands, 2-1 is much easier, but on this suck game, it seems double Q works better IDK

and tap your gun, don't hold left click
lower your sensitivity if you're having trouble controlling recoil
get better hardware if your fps isn't 100+ consistent, or adjust your settings