...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedMar 18, 2013 1:53 am

We thank you for...

AGE your Inane Platitudes make me rage!
[begin rant]
Dear AGE,

I understand that you're slowly pulling the curtains down on Shaiya and that you don't want to spend a single cent more on supporting this game and its community than is absolutely essential.

Therefore I understand that you're not going to spend much time on those slightly difficult or awkward support tickets because that probably means getting one of your A-team on the case and that costs more than you want to spend on this game at this time.

I get that.

BUT what irritates the **** out of me is the inane platitudes that you insist on tacking on the end of your responses thanking me for being part of the community and stating that you "hope to continue to provide you the best game experience possible".

Get real and please stop patronising me - you've given up with this hope. I don't want to hear this when all the evidence is screaming out that you don't care a **** about providing the best game experience possible.

[end of rant]

Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:23 am
GMs are the frontline, they have practically no say in this, higher up you have the pms who run the game according to the policys decided in the boardroom. They hold some responsibility, but they are limited by the dos and do nots of the company policy. The entire policy is at fault, the whole business model of Aeria is scr3wed up. Make as much money as they can as quickly as they can for as long as they can with absolutely no regard for what happens in between.

It is patronizing, yes, but if they put 'yea well the game is dying, nada we can do, later br0' what would your reaction be then?

Basically...

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:12 am
Yep, I get all of that, in fact I even said that in my OP.

What should they say instead?

A reasonable compromise would be keeping the "We thank you for being part of the community ..." bit and to cut out the blatant BS about "hoping to provide the best game experience possible".

In other words I can cope with the fact that things are in decline but repeatedly telling me that they're trying to provide the best game experience possible when it's blatantly obvious that this is not being backed up with the resources to achieve it is disingenuous.

I know I'm an idiot for continuing to spend real money on this dumb game but I really take exception to having my nose rubbed in it. Maybe this is the wake up call for me; maybe it's time to cancel the monthly reoccurring and find some other distraction as quite honestly I have enough **** in my RL to deal with that I don't need it in the virtual world as well.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:14 am
Then do it and quit. I did and I'm still alive. Im also £200 a month better off.

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:35 am
In before moved to R&R Very Happy

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:41 am
In b4 delete/move/lock.

I completley agree with you even tho i don't understand why would they shut down and gie up on shaiya.Seeing on barter after every eom theres a HUGE amount of money comming in from Shaiya.. A person would expect that they want to keep such high incoms from this game but nah they let it go to Hard..... I don't know how ''smart'' you have to bee not to see that if you invest in the money maker you will get even more in return... Rolling Eyes

geoffinho2006

Rank 3
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:47 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
In b4 delete/move/lock.

I completley agree with you even tho i don't understand why would they shut down and gie up on shaiya.Seeing on barter after every eom theres a HUGE amount of money comming in from Shaiya.. A person would expect that they want to keep such high incoms from this game but nah they let it go to ****..... I don't know how ''smart'' you have to bee not to see that if you invest in the money maker you will get even more in return... Rolling Eyes  

I don't think AGE gets that...Otherwise they might have made some wiser investments in this thing for the long haul instead of the now.

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:20 am
Its a shame AGE seems to have a bit of trouble understanding that:

1. Happy Customers spend a lot more then unhappy customers
  2. They are butchering a good game
  3. The game has a lot of potential if they pull their fingers out
  4. We know they don't give a (insert some lovely word here) about us so could they stop pretending they do
  5. Stop trying to make a quick buck and you will make more in the long run
  6. Listen to the players and stop pushing them away from the game (since I've stopped playing I've been so much more happy but I miss the people in the game. I think thats a pretty standard story here)

It also makes me wonder what type of people run the company? I think they might be rather special at public relations.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:34 am
Tiny_T. wrote:

It also makes me wonder what type of people run the company? I think they might be rather special at public relations.  
The same people that run governments Very Happy

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:40 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Tiny_T. wrote:

The same people that run governments Very Happy  

Governments just fail at a lot of things but then again its pretty hard to control an organisation that large. AGE has to worry about one company and still struggles. I hate sending in tickets here as its so impersonal, almost every other game I have used it on has been 100% better then the one here.