Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedMar 18, 2013 3:34 am
I'm not against the pack. However I'd rather not spend $100-$200 just for some tourist attraction like items (shirts, cups, etc), and some fancy name tag; that stuff is not worth $200 just like candy at the theaters is not worth $5.

As blue said, those packs are often used to help low budget companies, so it is more like a charity and the stuff is a thank you for your donation to us sort of thing. As everyone has been saying, both SB and LO don't need donations so there is no need to ask for a donation to the cause. This just means that instead of charging us $100 for a $10 plush like ppl who need funding are expected to do, charge us $50 instead so you do get funding, but your not abusing charity by using underhanded methods such as puffing up a persons pride with things like titles or your helping a cause. They don't need founders, so just take my cash and stop trying to over price stuff with charity like things is what I suppose I am trying to say.

That said, many of us would like to support the development of LO even though they may not need it. So having a pack could be a good idea so long as it is done right. They can
1) Give the pack to people who spend $200 (or more) on LO. Or 2) if we buy the $200 pack, give use some really good stuff. What good is a rare in game costume if the IM costume is going to look way more better. Make the pack worth $200 is all I'm saying. Like SB it could have the costumes, mount, forum tag, and some sort of RL memento. But if they threw in some AP that would make the pack more appealing is all, it would really motivate me more to buy it.

I second the idea of a plushy. I just hope they will make one people like if they do decide to do a pack with a plush.

Renren245 wrote:
I would already support the game via the cash shop i don't want to have to spend even more money on what would basicly be a glorified limited edition bundle.  

It's because of this I say they should add AP to the pack. A fancy outfit that I'm most likely going to replace with a better looking IM as the game progresses in the future doesn't really sell to me and a few other people I know. However many of us are already going to me mallers, so if they take advantage of the fact we plan to buy IM and give us AP in the bundle or just give us the bundle for spending $200+ in 1 year, then more people might be more willing to cough out the cash. Like you said, we already support the game when we toss our cash at them for AP, so why not reward your mallers?
Advertisement

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedMar 18, 2013 4:50 am
no

my previous experience with "founder's packs":

"pay us and we'll let you participate in CBT, and when the game is released we'll give you some trinkets and a forum title." lol you want me to pay to see if your game is too buggy to be released? lol
this is really nothing more than a hype machine and a way to get cash up front, for a game that the dev/pub is concerned might not make money in the long run. usually done with P2P games.

SB's founder's pack was my first time seeing that done with a F2P game. frankly, Aeria, I was dissapointed. i'm also dissapointed in some of the ads that are floating around the internet for SB.

I'm of the "let it stand on it's own merits" group. if it's a good game, people will support it; if it isn't then asking people to pay upfront for a game will result in resentment against the company(s) involved.

Lhent

Rank 0
Lhent
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:42 am
I'm not sure I like the idea of a founder's pack. One company does it, now they all do. It's like some sort of viral video or meme.

I don't need a special title or mount to enjoy this game. I'll gladly fork over money on fashion and other junk from the cash shop, so none of that stuff matters. To me, anyway.

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:55 am
AriaSaitcho wrote:
no

my previous experience with "founder's packs":

"pay us and we'll let you participate in CBT, and when the game is released we'll give you some trinkets and a forum title." lol you want me to pay to see if your game is too buggy to be released? lol
this is really nothing more than a hype machine and a way to get cash up front, for a game that the dev/pub is concerned might not make money in the long run. usually done with P2P games.

SB's founder's pack was my first time seeing that done with a F2P game. frankly, Aeria, I was dissapointed. i'm also dissapointed in some of the ads that are floating around the internet for SB.

I'm of the "let it stand on it's own merits" group. if it's a good game, people will support it; if it isn't then asking people to pay upfront for a game will result in resentment against the company(s) involved.  

AGE has always let anyone with an Aeria account participate in Closed Beta; as a matter of fact people were given their items and titles during CB and will be given their purchased in game items again in Open Beta.

In honesty, if LO did have a similar "Founder's" pack like SB's I would go for it.

I mean I think of RL Lime Odyssey merchandise (which I'd totally love), and of course very exclusive mounts/costumes/pets and of course forum titles and thing that'll be useful as an active poster.
With the availability of "founder's" packs, no one is obligated to buy them; buy it if you feel that you want some kind of memento, an "at last" plushie, mug, poster of concept art, etc. or DON'T and save your money towards later goodies in the CS. Either's fine.

I just feel that if they have "Founder's" packs, it'll make me happy as the customer to have a poster or some of memento that would make me think: "I've been here since the beginning; and glad I could wait it off."
Then again, I'm a die-hard for Lime.

Dunno, just my two cents.

EbonyPiano

Rank 0
EbonyPiano
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:17 am
I may be the only one... but what is a founder's pack? :3 I think I have the general idea from what I've read in this forum, but what exactly does it do? lol xD What do you usually get from it? And where is it announced if they have one? Thanks ^_^ lol

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:28 am

Re: Lime Odyssey Founder Packs?

:o Just comparing some Aeria Game stuff.
MisleadPaws wrote:
Well, I saw the Scarlet Blade packs. I love love love love Scarlet Blade, but I'm engaged to Lime Odyssey (Lol) my one and only true love. So, I would buy a Scarlet Blade founder's pack... but is Lime Odyssey going to have it? I'd truly be up for spending the $200 for the forum badge, RL items, and in-game items. The one-time-only items, and etc. I know some friends who'd definatly be up for it too... Is it being considered or anything? I think it's a really cool idea, although others who don't like spending AP don't. That's just opinions though... Just wondering if it's up for thought in the Aeria/Dev office. (I keep forgetting the new name of the devs company)...  

We are currently evaluating the results from the Scarlet Blade Founders Packs. However, based on what I have seen so far, I would say it is likely that we would do founders packs for new game launches going forward.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:35 am
MisleadPaws wrote:
iBambi wrote:
"Please Aeria scam us too"  

It's not a scam if they decided to look here and take interest in the items that we want. ._.  

If they do it in the same style they did the SB Founder Packs, then yeah, I think it's a scam. There's better things to spend 200$ on. The idea itself isn't bad, but Aeria being Aeria, the package is no where worth as much as they sell it for.

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:36 am
iBambi wrote:
MisleadPaws wrote:
iBambi wrote:

It's not a scam if they decided to look here and take interest in the items that we want. ._.  

If they do it in the same style they did the SB Founder Packs, then yeah, I think it's a scam. There's better things to spend 200$ on. The idea itself isn't bad, but Aeria being Aeria, the package is no where worth as much as they sell it for.  

Eh. Honestly I feel that LO's potential founder's pack would have more to offer. c:

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedMar 18, 2013 10:05 am

iBambi wrote:
MisleadPaws wrote:
iBambi wrote:

Just off SB's pack I'd have to agree.
The $100 one really seem's like you get your moneys worth for sure! The $200 one.. not so much..

But then again, I greatly dislike SB, and the $200 pack is meant for people that love the game, so there's that. I would not say it's a scam however, I just wish that this money went more towards the development of LO, which is what "Founders Packs" were meant for.

Superman0X wrote:

We are currently evaluating the results from the Scarlet Blade Founders Packs. However, based on what I have seen so far, I would say it is likely that we would do founders packs for new game launches going forward.  

Looks like I'm spending $200 on LO right off the bat then xD

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedMar 18, 2013 12:17 pm

Superman0X wrote:

Sounds awesome Superman! Makes me even more anxious to get through all the testing of LO. D;

Also, it's not a scam if they clearly show you what you're getting, which is what Aeria did do with the SB packs. Although I will make one suggestion, with the $200 I think they should offer an either or for it, get IRL stuff or $200 of AP in addition to whatever ingame items the pack gives you.

I make no Rupaulogies.