MisleadPaws

Rank 0
MisleadPaws
PostedMar 17, 2013 5:50 pm

Lime Odyssey Founder Packs?

:o Just comparing some Aeria Game stuff.
Well, I saw the Scarlet Blade packs. I love love love love Scarlet Blade, but I'm engaged to Lime Odyssey (Lol) my one and only true love. So, I would buy a Scarlet Blade founder's pack... but is Lime Odyssey going to have it? I'd truly be up for spending the $200 for the forum badge, RL items, and in-game items. The one-time-only items, and etc. I know some friends who'd definatly be up for it too... Is it being considered or anything? I think it's a really cool idea, although others who don't like spending AP don't. That's just opinions though... Just wondering if it's up for thought in the Aeria/Dev office. (I keep forgetting the new name of the devs company)...

Advertisement

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedMar 17, 2013 5:54 pm
It's unlikely, because the game is going to be a bigger success than Scarlet Blade from what I know.

I'm a dude.

qawsar

Rank 5
qawsar
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:07 pm
If they do have founder packs, I'll definitely be willing to pay for the top tier, no questions asked. Especially if they have goodies like they did for SB.

But with that said, I still have no clue why games have founders packs. The only reasonable situations I can see for games to have founders packs are games that are made by a small group of devs or a single person and indie games. They need funding, and usually these founder packs do more then just give players items irl and in-game, they also promote the devs to add more content to the game. A prime example would be City of Steam.

For an MMO, that's published by a big time publisher and not even by the developer, Founder Packs make no sense. Seems like everyone's just following suit after seeing the success of founder packs for games that actually need it. So unless this money is going towards Cykan to help add more content, then I'd rather not see a founders pack for Lime Odyssey. I'd still buy it if it existed, but I'd rather not see it happen.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:11 pm
I personally find "finder packs" to be over priced. And I certainly would not want a Lime forum badge. Yuck.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

Zenia1

Rank 3
Zenia1
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:21 pm   Last edited by Zenia1 on Mar 17, 2013 6:39 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I wouldn't really wanna see something like either I'm not into overly priced things. =x and hate seeing ap things going over like 60$.

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:32 pm
notIyeru wrote:
It's unlikely, because the game is going to be a bigger success than Scarlet Blade from what I know.  

How's that unlikely? I mean lots of people would probably love to become a "founder" of Lime Odyssey. Founder's packs don't indicate anything of the game's status.

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:32 pm   Last edited by xSerenitas on Mar 20, 2013 12:46 pm. Edited 2 times in total
I may be in the minority here, but I would LOVE to see Founder's Packs for Lime Odyssey. I would have no problem dropping $100 on this game, because I love it that much. I'm even saving up AP in case there are Founder's Packs for LO. C'mon, Aeria. Do this. Pretty please? I want a LO forum title! <3

I also agree with what Latte said, too. c:

The real-life items I would like to see in a LO Founder's Pack:

- A LO artbook (Love love love this game's artwork!)
- Soundtrack CD
- Double-sided wallscroll or poster
- A LO mug
- A LO plush or figure of some sort, preferably Muris

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:37 pm
TERA did a better founder pack though. Because the game was previously a pay to play game, they made it so that everyone who bought the retail version, was a founder, right then and there when the game went free to play.

Obviously this can't happen with a game that plans to go free to play right off the bat. But Blue (qawsar) has some things you need to read above. SIRIUS is actually quite a large development team. While something like Mojang... is only about 5~8 people. it would've been wiser for Mojang to do something like a kickstarter fund or a founder's pack system if that was true. But the reason why they didn't have to, is because the game was such a huge success in comparison to other sandbox games. Mainly because it was easy to control, do whatever. You just broke and placed blocks, not some seriously complicated mess like in Active Worlds to rotate a transparent object that you're giving another color while bending it to look like a cylinder, no that would take coding skills most people don't have.

That brings me to what I would want in a Founders' Pack. What do I want? I don't know really, but here's a few things that I might enjoy...

- Lime Odyssey Poster (Large)
- Lime Odyssey leaflet (Single-page)
- Lime Odyssey Cup 8+ Oz. (If you gave me a mug, it'd just be a pencil holder or something.)
- Aeria Points when Lime Odyssey releases.
- A founders pin (in-game costume for both Life and battle classes) and/or title.
- A mount with a special effect
- A permanent humanoid chibi pet (Succubus, angel, cat girl, etc.)
- a statue / figuring of a specific class (Highest tier, 8~12 inches high)

Pretty much

yulino wrote:
notIyeru wrote:

How's that unlikely? I mean lots of people would probably love to become a "founder" of Lime Odyssey. Founder's packs don't indicate anything of the game's status.  

When I've looked at "Founder packs" (They weren't always called this) on free to play games they often hinted that the game may suffer in the short-term. Mainly because of press coverage that has been saying it's a semi-bad game, etc. This can be seen not only on Aeria, Neverwinter from Perfect World has "That vibe" to it as well. I don't really know, it could be over-reaction.

Hakumaiu

Rank 0
Hakumaiu
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:52 pm
To be honest, I'm half and half for a founder's pack...
If something like what Iyeru has in mind then I will buy it, but if it's $200 then it is a waste of money in my opinion...
I also doubt the fact that their going to have one, because like Blue said, Lime Odyssey will be very successful, seriously I'm sure people will spend a serious amount of money for this game...
Of course a founder's pack will be nice, I just can't afford it and, virtual items have no value in this world so with $200 I would save for a Ps4 or Wii U .-.
=w= I have loads of mixed feelings for a founder's pack, sorry if my opinions were confusing and contradicting each other <3

yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:59 pm
notIyeru wrote:
TERA did a better founder pack though. Because the game was previously a pay to play game, they made it so that everyone who bought the retail version, was a founder, right then and there when the game went free to play.

Obviously this can't happen with a game that plans to go free to play right off the bat. But Blue (qawsar) has some things you need to read above. SIRIUS is actually quite a large development team. While something like Mojang... is only about 5~8 people. it would've been wiser for Mojang to do something like a kickstarter fund or a founder's pack system if that was true. But the reason why they didn't have to, is because the game was such a huge success in comparison to other sandbox games. Mainly because it was easy to control, do whatever. You just broke and placed blocks, not some seriously complicated mess like in Active Worlds to rotate a transparent object that you're giving another color while bending it to look like a cylinder, no that would take coding skills most people don't have.

That brings me to what I would want in a Founders' Pack. What do I want? I don't know really, but here's a few things that I might enjoy...

- Lime Odyssey Poster (Large)
- Lime Odyssey leaflet (Single-page)
- Lime Odyssey Cup 8+ Oz. (If you gave me a mug, it'd just be a pencil holder or something.)
- Aeria Points when Lime Odyssey releases.
- A founders pin (in-game costume for both Life and battle classes) and/or title.
- A mount with a special effect
- A permanent humanoid chibi pet (Succubus, angel, cat girl, etc.)
- a statue / figuring of a specific class (Highest tier, 8~12 inches high)

Pretty much

yulino wrote:
notIyeru wrote:

When I've looked at "Founder packs" (They weren't always called this) on free to play games they often hinted that the game may suffer in the short-term. Mainly because of press coverage that has been saying it's a semi-bad game, etc. This can be seen not only on Aeria, Neverwinter from Perfect World has "That vibe" to it as well. I don't really know, it could be over-reaction.  

You should really stop mentioning non-AGE games; and you're also wrong - people can still buy Founder's packs even after the game has went F2P.
Second of all Mojang did have a perk when they first released their game - a cheaper game: $7 was the starting price.

Just because it was "hinted" to be short term does not mean it will be short term gosh. All games are different and give them a chance; I mean press coverage has been praising LO. Your vibes are wrong :B