Author Message

KylieghRein

Rank 2
KylieghRein
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Posts
757
Location
The Moosen Cave - Canada
PostedMar 22, 2013 6:12 pm
fuzz197 wrote:
Clay tables I agree, other than Player's choice, the tables are almost always the same ones we had the week prior, and the week before that, etc. This should be changed, because honestly, they're far from anything spectacular in my opinion. Further, (especially on Quill) the tables aren't worth the clays. Between rates, and the poor quantities, you can hardly justify throwing clays at tables anymore. In my case its get the daily then thats it. I mean, the Player's choice alchemy thread could be looked at the whole week for hints and help, and its not like people haven't tried to give feedback about the tables prior, so...
Same with tiers. They're copy-pasted it feels, and while that’s not an issue on its own, beyond diversity, if the complaints from the week prior are ignored, or the new table has more of what was not wanted, then how does that help anyone? It doesn't help the game, or the players.
I feel for a large part that Lance hasn't honestly put a lot of effort into learning the economies of any server, since most of the complaints have been from Ponchee players.
Honestly, at least Puffer listened and tried new things. Puffer threw suggested items in the tiers, tried new things. If we want all the stuff to get back on track Lance needs to start doing this. Stealing from Rants and Raves here, but, Just because people spend ap =/= they're happy, in some cases it’s because they have to. Nor will the "they're satisfied" argument work here either since it’s blatantly obvious they aren't.
No, things need to change before the hole that’s being dug becomes even deeper.

Touch on Quill a bit.
The price issue is in all honesty scarcity in my opinion. Fewer ap buyers+ bad tables, bad promos/tiers= Less spending, and selling and more hoarding.
Theres no quick fix to it, but a start would be promos people would be willing to spend more ap on, and clay tables people would want to use clays on.  


^ This x100, I don't even want to mention how many times I just failed R2 and R3 on this table, in fact any table.

GF isn't getting younger, it's getting older, which means (I think) that more should be done promotion wise to help it, in particular better tiers and Mclay tables, I have seen some improved variety as of late which is nice. But the rates of the tables are quite awful in my opinion. I'm assuming they can be permanently improved as there was a Patch Note thread I saw somewhere that said they we're increasing the rates for a month, I'll attempt to locate it and edit in the link.

The promo bags have awful rates as well. My biggest recommendation is to try variety and listen to the community's complaints, they aren't without reason, make another thread asking for players to create their own promo bag, even open up a thread about Mclay tables, or another Tiered Spender thread if that what it takes but increasing the quantity of what it offered and improving the rates (of the both the Mclay tables and the Promo bags) permanently would be a nice start.

It doesn't always have to be the same, change is good. We don't just have the energy to criticise though, I think several of us given the opportunity would do a great deal to see these things improved, by making such threads we're attempting to, but it's frustrating to see it seemingly ignored for long periods of time.

This is just my personal opinion though, thought it wouldn't hurt to voice it as well.

Advertisement

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
Joined
23 Jul 2008
Posts
991
Location
Somewhere, Australia
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:13 pm
KylieghRein wrote:
text  
I actually get the feeling that because GF is getting older and not younger the PM wants it to slide into its death milking as much money as possible. This game isn't AGE's flagship although I would say its medium tier but with DK already out and SB getting the hype it is and add onto that LO getting another burst of energy, this game doesn't seem like its worth the time anymore on the staffs/higher up point of view (sort of like future DOMO)

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
Joined
27 Jan 2013
Posts
195
Location
United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:21 pm
feilidxy wrote:
KylieghRein wrote:
text  
I actually get the feeling that because GF is getting older and not younger the PM wants it to slide into its death milking as much money as possible. This game isn't AGE's flagship although I would say its medium tier but with DK already out and SB getting the hype it is and add onto that LO getting another burst of energy, this game doesn't seem like its worth the time anymore on the staffs/higher up point of view (sort of like future DOMO)  


I think Shaiya and Last Chaos are more on their way out than anything (with the release of DKO and SB, various past patterns of Aeria, that this might be inevitable). Eventually GF will die out, that's the saddening part. Driving it further into the ground, however, for numerous customers and pretty much impeding AP flow and trade is just digging it's grave faster. I'd rather stick around for as long as possible. We get regular updates, we're in active development (for now), we should act as though we aren't going anywhere. While this may be a false hope that GF isn't going to die eventually, it still creates a better game and environment overall, which is what most people aim for during gaming. Better promotions = happier people.

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
Joined
23 Jul 2008
Posts
991
Location
Somewhere, Australia
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:29 pm
cmartly48 wrote:
I think Shaiya and Last Chaos are more on their way out than anything (with the release of DKO and SB, various past patterns of Aeria, that this might be inevitable). Eventually GF will die out, that's the saddening part. Driving it further into the ground, however, for numerous customers and pretty much impeding AP flow and trade is just digging it's grave faster. I'd rather stick around for as long as possible. We get regular updates, we're in active development (for now), we should act as though we aren't going anywhere. While this may be a false hope that GF isn't going to die eventually, it still creates a better game and environment overall, which is what most people aim for during gaming. Better promotions = happier people.  

The thing is Shaiya is AGE's flagship so they can't just kill it easily (although I don't get why they're killing it like they are...) and even though I don't want to think about GF dying the way their treating it keeps it constantly at the forefront.

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
Joined
15 May 2012
Posts
692
Location
Santa Clara United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:32 pm
Grand Fantasia is not dying at all. There's a lot of changes being made, albeit in small proportions and lots of plans being made to improve the game and fix the economies of both servers.

Promotions may not be what the players would like, which again is not handled by the GM team, but there are plenty of other changes** that have been discussed and announced that should already show that it isn't anyone's intention to 'kill the game'.

By all means, please continue to express your concerns with promotions and your opinions on what could be done to fix them, but there's no need for the 'killing the game' talk. As it's not true in any shape form or fashion.

* Underground Gold Shop
* Bringing back dual clienting
* Regularly fixing bugs and localization issues
* Fixing the anti-stun issue with response from the community
* New MVP rewards and upcoming extra PVP prize redemption
* And so forth
* So no we're not killing anything aside from nuking a few players in Kaslow every now and then

feilidxy

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
feilidxy
Joined
23 Jul 2008
Posts
991
Location
Somewhere, Australia
PostedMar 22, 2013 7:47 pm
GMMokona wrote:
text  
I do think that the GM team is doing their best with all the things their trying to implement but there are only so many things the GMs can do if the PM decides he wants to trash promotions and anything AP related :S

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
Joined
27 Jan 2013
Posts
195
Location
United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 8:15 pm
feilidxy wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
text  
I do think that the GM team is doing their best with all the things their trying to implement but there are only so many things the GMs can do if the PM decides he wants to trash promotions and anything AP related :S  


I whole-heartily agree with this. I see no problem with the GM team. That part of our customer service line is completely fine. This is mostly about the PM and what he's been up to lately. While in active development though, and looking forward to new content, we just want better promotions so people keep up GF's numbers and names, if that makes sense.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
268
Location
Dunedin New Zealand
PostedMar 25, 2013 1:51 am
GMMokona wrote:
but there's no need for the 'killing the game' talk. As it's not true in any shape form or fashion.  


Never mind the opinions of all the people who are leaving the game clearly no "truth, shape, form or fashion" to us.

GMMokona wrote:

* Underground Gold Shop
 
I'll give you this one to a small extent.
GMMokona wrote:
* Bringing back dual clienting  
Wasn't this only a mistake and an extremely inconvenient one caused by you lot for not communicating better with the DEV's about the content being handed out and then the GM team in the first place for not thoroughly testing it on the test servers before implementing it on ours? JS what you done was to fix your own mistake which should never have happened nor required community feedback to be actioned in the first place.
GMMokona wrote:
* Regularly fixing bugs and localization issues  
Is this a joke about your job? If not then why bring it up?
GMMokona wrote:
* Fixing the anti-stun issue with response from the community  
Again okay however this was addressed by a PM who actually interacted and gave two **** about their job and what product they were producing.
GMMokona wrote:
* New MVP rewards and upcoming extra PVP prize redemption  
Again ex PM and yes thanks to the GM team for their involvement although this is the kind of thing that is expected to be produced regardless of however many years your community has been begging and propositioning you all for it >.>
GMMokona wrote:
* And so forth
* So no we're not killing anything aside from nuking a few players in Kaslow every now and then
 


I can't do anything accept for deleting the $5ap vouchers emailed to me and taking my PayPal off of auto login because this game isn't worth the crap product currently on offer, get real and realize this isn't WoW etc your player base isn't loyal and the only ones now willing to compromise are the F2P community and people who sell $10-$50 on AP cards to sell every 1-2 weeks or so ...
All your big spenders myself included have gone either for good or until we can justify a return even then personally I would only return and use gold from capped gold accounts and everything I hoarded before leaving.

You should also perhaps give some thought to joking about your job when it comes to somewhat serious discussions that effect it as not all GF community members take it lightly that the funding we provide is being used for comedians and hand me down content.

mschultz98

Rank 3
mschultz98
Joined
29 Dec 2009
Posts
1160
Location
United States
PostedMar 25, 2013 3:10 am
skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
but there's no need for the 'killing the game' talk. As it's not true in any shape form or fashion.  


Never mind the opinions of all the people who are leaving the game clearly no "truth, shape, form or fashion" to us.  


There's loads of AP spenders who keep to themselves. I guarantee the super high spenders aren't well known. They're just there, they've always been. Those are the numbers that matter. People come and go, that's how trends work. GF has had its ups and downs but it's been better than it could have been.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:

* Underground Gold Shop
 
I'll give you this one to a small extent.
GMMokona wrote:
* Bringing back dual clienting  
Wasn't this only a mistake and an extremely inconvenient one caused by you lot for not communicating better with the DEV's about the content being handed out and then the GM team in the first place for not thoroughly testing it on the test servers before implementing it on ours? JS what you done was to fix your own mistake which should never have happened nor required community feedback to be actioned in the first place.  


This made me laugh absolutely. You do realize the tiny window that the GM's and Developers can communicate right? Oh, then they were on vacation for the Chinese New Year. Keep in mind, neither crew can stay up all night/get up ridiculously early to communicate. A lot of work is done in emails and reports, all of which, take a long time to go through and document and proper steps must be taken in order to do so. Testing it in the Aeria Servers themselves? Sure. It could have been checked. It's something that's overlooked and probably hasn't even been considered before during pre-opening. Programming mistakes happen. It's not that easy to program a game of this magnitude.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* Regularly fixing bugs and localization issues  
Is this a joke about your job? If not then why bring it up?  


You do realize the bugs and localization issues are reported by the community right? The GM's hardly have any time on their hands (oh yeah, we are down one aren't we) to fully function while having time to breathe. They test the bugs, and have to send very detailed reports to the developers, and the developers have to come up with various solutions, get back to the GM's and fix it and so forth. See rant about communication up ^ there.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* Fixing the anti-stun issue with response from the community  
Again okay however this was addressed by a PM who actually interacted and gave two **** about their job and what product they were producing.  


Cut Lance some slack. He does what he's asked and required to do. He (along with the GM's) are busy with various projects to help our community. He's announced them loads in game when he's there. He's probably even reading this thread figuring out what to do. I can actually probably guarantee that.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* New MVP rewards and upcoming extra PVP prize redemption  
Again ex PM and yes thanks to the GM team for their involvement although this is the kind of thing that is expected to be produced regardless of however many years your community has been begging and propositioning you all for it >.>  


To figure out what items to give out, for which tier, and to get that approved by the GM's? I've worked personally along the lines of something like this before. Gathering information and watching the trade trends isn't exactly a piece of cake.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* And so forth
* So no we're not killing anything aside from nuking a few players in Kaslow every now and then
 


I can't do anything accept for deleting the $5ap vouchers emailed to me and taking my PayPal off of auto login because this game isn't worth the crap product currently on offer, get real and realize this isn't WoW etc your player base isn't loyal and the only ones now willing to compromise are the F2P community and people who sell $10-$50 on AP cards to sell every 1-2 weeks or so ...
All your big spenders myself included have gone either for good or until we can justify a return even then personally I would only return and use gold from capped gold accounts and everything I hoarded before leaving.

You should also perhaps give some thought to joking about your job when it comes to somewhat serious discussions that effect it as not all GF community members take it lightly that the funding we provide is being used for comedians and hand me down content.  


Then take your AP off, don't spend, whatever. I'm sure without your AP purchases, Aeria will still be fine.

Whose to say the GM job is fully serious? You want them to be involved in the community? They could sit there, spend all day banhammering people for every little thing they say. So they jump in game, chill out, kill the GS's and various other players? Tough. They want the community to enjoy the game, but why do you expect it to be serious 24/7. Sure it's a job. You goof off at yours I'm assuming (if you even have one). If not, lighten up. They're job is maintaining a game. Moko's trying to lighten the mood, rather than this thread be a pick-a-part of what she says.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
Joined
28 May 2011
Posts
268
Location
Dunedin New Zealand
PostedMar 25, 2013 3:44 am
mschultz98 wrote:
skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
but there's no need for the 'killing the game' talk. As it's not true in any shape form or fashion.  


Never mind the opinions of all the people who are leaving the game clearly no "truth, shape, form or fashion" to us.  


There's loads of AP spenders who keep to themselves. I guarantee the super high spenders aren't well known. They're just there, they've always been. Those are the numbers that matter. People come and go, that's how trends work. GF has had its ups and downs but it's been better than it could have been.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:

* Underground Gold Shop
 
I'll give you this one to a small extent.
GMMokona wrote:
* Bringing back dual clienting  
Wasn't this only a mistake and an extremely inconvenient one caused by you lot for not communicating better with the DEV's about the content being handed out and then the GM team in the first place for not thoroughly testing it on the test servers before implementing it on ours? JS what you done was to fix your own mistake which should never have happened nor required community feedback to be actioned in the first place.  


This made me laugh absolutely. You do realize the tiny window that the GM's and Developers can communicate right? Oh, then they were on vacation for the Chinese New Year. Keep in mind, neither crew can stay up all night/get up ridiculously early to communicate. A lot of work is done in emails and reports, all of which, take a long time to go through and document and proper steps must be taken in order to do so. Testing it in the Aeria Servers themselves? Sure. It could have been checked. It's something that's overlooked and probably hasn't even been considered before during pre-opening. Programming mistakes happen. It's not that easy to program a game of this magnitude.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* Regularly fixing bugs and localization issues  
Is this a joke about your job? If not then why bring it up?  


You do realize the bugs and localization issues are reported by the community right? The GM's hardly have any time on their hands (oh yeah, we are down one aren't we) to fully function while having time to breathe. They test the bugs, and have to send very detailed reports to the developers, and the developers have to come up with various solutions, get back to the GM's and fix it and so forth. See rant about communication up ^ there.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* Fixing the anti-stun issue with response from the community  
Again okay however this was addressed by a PM who actually interacted and gave two **** about their job and what product they were producing.  


Cut Lance some slack. He does what he's asked and required to do. He (along with the GM's) are busy with various projects to help our community. He's announced them loads in game when he's there. He's probably even reading this thread figuring out what to do. I can actually probably guarantee that.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* New MVP rewards and upcoming extra PVP prize redemption  
Again ex PM and yes thanks to the GM team for their involvement although this is the kind of thing that is expected to be produced regardless of however many years your community has been begging and propositioning you all for it >.>  


To figure out what items to give out, for which tier, and to get that approved by the GM's? I've worked personally along the lines of something like this before. Gathering information and watching the trade trends isn't exactly a piece of cake.

skuxemup wrote:
GMMokona wrote:
* And so forth
* So no we're not killing anything aside from nuking a few players in Kaslow every now and then
 


I can't do anything accept for deleting the $5ap vouchers emailed to me and taking my PayPal off of auto login because this game isn't worth the crap product currently on offer, get real and realize this isn't WoW etc your player base isn't loyal and the only ones now willing to compromise are the F2P community and people who sell $10-$50 on AP cards to sell every 1-2 weeks or so ...
All your big spenders myself included have gone either for good or until we can justify a return even then personally I would only return and use gold from capped gold accounts and everything I hoarded before leaving.

You should also perhaps give some thought to joking about your job when it comes to somewhat serious discussions that effect it as not all GF community members take it lightly that the funding we provide is being used for comedians and hand me down content.  


Then take your AP off, don't spend, whatever. I'm sure without your AP purchases, Aeria will still be fine.

Whose to say the GM job is fully serious? You want them to be involved in the community? They could sit there, spend all day banhammering people for every little thing they say. So they jump in game, chill out, kill the GS's and various other players? Tough. They want the community to enjoy the game, but why do you expect it to be serious 24/7. Sure it's a job. You goof off at yours I'm assuming (if you even have one). If not, lighten up. They're job is maintaining a game. Moko's trying to lighten the mood, rather than this thread be a pick-a-part of what she says.  


All I see is excuses and butt munching but hey everyone to their own you have your views on my opinion's and I have mine on the GM team members.
Good luck in the next GS elections you're obviously foaming at the thought of them Smile

lvl90 Hawkeye, lvl90 Saint, lvl8X Avatar, lvl70 Proph, lvl80 Proph, lvl40 Sage ~~~Illannia~~~ ^It's BritneyBish^
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: