cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:29 am
feilidxy wrote:
Crappy tiers, crappy tables ironically=lower prices. Why? Because most of the veteran high level players that were the biggest source of gold have quit so that leaves a new generation that seems to be less greedy and willing to spend more for less. Essentially by washing out the player base the PM is making the economy better ;3  

That word essentially work if all the vets were gone (just the vocal ones have left). There's loads of AP spenders who just don't make it known, and have hoarded loads of stuff (AP/clays/etc)
Advertisement

Hawk_21

Rank 0
Hawk_21
PostedMar 19, 2013 8:20 am
For someone who stopped buying AP, it may not be my place to say this but...

Seeing the recent months promotion, tier, clay table and random complains about clay rate and announcement (for daily I think). I personally say it really are going downhill. There is times where I can see a minor improvement but afterward it will get bad again.

Maybe it's just me but when I first started playing more than a year ago, there are complains but it was never this bad before. I mean you can't satisfy everyone's demand but that's not an excuse to ignore them (or make it even worse x.x).

The idea of using the old like a year ago promotion, tier and clay table can be a good start.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
PostedMar 19, 2013 9:02 am
Hawk_21 wrote:
Maybe it's just me but when I first started playing more than a year ago, there are complains but it was never this bad before.  

It was worse before.

Things are better now. Perhaps not great, but better.

Firesorce

Rank 2
Firesorce
PostedMar 19, 2013 9:42 am
I enjoy this thread.

CollinEvan

Rank 2
PostedMar 20, 2013 8:52 am
I have a few clay left over. Thought I would burn them on a good table. Seriously, I have had them for over 3 months. Still waiting on that "good" table.

minuzaki

Rank 4
minuzaki
PostedMar 20, 2013 8:57 am
CollinEvan wrote:
I have a few clay left over. Thought I would burn them on a good table. Seriously, I have had them for over 3 months. Still waiting on that "good" table.  
I have about 40 clays that I've saved from events and just people being nice, just for the same reason. Only I've had mine for about 5 months.

janepaget

Rank 0
janepaget
PostedMar 20, 2013 9:21 am
There was one good table. It was a player's choice table two or three weeks back. Round 1 had Greater Boost CS Pots, and there were Enchants and Master Fortified Inscriptions in decent amounts.

Altosk

Rank 2
Altosk
PostedMar 20, 2013 9:52 am
janepaget wrote:
There was one good table. It was a player's choice table two or three weeks back. Round 1 had Greater Boost CS Pots, and there were Enchants and Master Fortified Inscriptions in decent amounts.  

I wanted LOL Icons all R5. That didn't happen. I am disappoint.

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedMar 20, 2013 11:45 am
Clay tables I agree, other than Player's choice, the tables are almost always the same ones we had the week prior, and the week before that, etc. This should be changed, because honestly, they're far from anything spectacular in my opinion. Further, (especially on Quill) the tables aren't worth the clays. Between rates, and the poor quantities, you can hardly justify throwing clays at tables anymore. In my case its get the daily then thats it. I mean, the Player's choice alchemy thread could be looked at the whole week for hints and help, and its not like people haven't tried to give feedback about the tables prior, so...
Same with tiers. They're copy-pasted it feels, and while thatís not an issue on its own, beyond diversity, if the complaints from the week prior are ignored, or the new table has more of what was not wanted, then how does that help anyone? It doesn't help the game, or the players.
I feel for a large part that Lance hasn't honestly put a lot of effort into learning the economies of any server, since most of the complaints have been from Ponchee players.
Honestly, at least Puffer listened and tried new things. Puffer threw suggested items in the tiers, tried new things. If we want all the stuff to get back on track Lance needs to start doing this. Stealing from Rants and Raves here, but, Just because people spend ap =/= they're happy, in some cases itís because they have to. Nor will the "they're satisfied" argument work here either since itís blatantly obvious they aren't.
No, things need to change before the hole thatís being dug becomes even deeper.

Touch on Quill a bit.
The price issue is in all honesty scarcity in my opinion. Fewer ap buyers+ bad tables, bad promos/tiers= Less spending, and selling and more hoarding.
Theres no quick fix to it, but a start would be promos people would be willing to spend more ap on, and clay tables people would want to use clays on.

Altosk

Rank 2
Altosk
PostedMar 20, 2013 12:00 pm
fuzz197 wrote:
Clay tables I agree, other than Player's choice, the tables are almost always the same ones we had the week prior, and the week before that, etc. This should be changed, because honestly, they're far from anything spectacular in my opinion. Further, (especially on Quill) the tables aren't worth the clays. Between rates, and the poor quantities, you can hardly justify throwing clays at tables anymore. In my case its get the daily then thats it. I mean, the Player's choice alchemy thread could be looked at the whole week for hints and help, and its not like people haven't tried to give feedback about the tables prior, so...
Same with tiers. They're copy-pasted it feels, and while thatís not an issue on its own, beyond diversity, if the complaints from the week prior are ignored, or the new table has more of what was not wanted, then how does that help anyone? It doesn't help the game, or the players.
I feel for a large part that Lance hasn't honestly put a lot of effort into learning the economies of any server, since most of the complaints have been from Ponchee players.
Honestly, at least Puffer listened and tried new things. Puffer threw suggested items in the tiers, tried new things. If we want all the stuff to get back on track Lance needs to start doing this. Stealing from Rants and Raves here, but, Just because people spend ap =/= they're happy, in some cases itís because they have to. Nor will the "they're satisfied" argument work here either since itís blatantly obvious they aren't.
No, things need to change before the hole thatís being dug becomes even deeper.

Touch on Quill a bit.
The price issue is in all honesty scarcity in my opinion. Fewer ap buyers+ bad tables, bad promos/tiers= Less spending, and selling and more hoarding.
Theres no quick fix to it, but a start would be promos people would be willing to spend more ap on, and clay tables people would want to use clays on.  

Quill USED to be their baby. They loved it. They had exciting new tiers and tables upon Quill's server start. With Bodor and Gaia's economy down the hole at the time, Quill was a breath of fresh air. Now, Quill is over priced because there is high demand and low supply. Mclay is like gasoline, people are going to still buy it no matter what the price is. Anything you can get with AP, people are going to either A) use it themselves B) Hoard it C) Sell it for stupid amounts of gold.

UGS helps a little bit, but it doesn't update enough to have an impact on Quill's economy. The tables and tiered spenders are kinda like going on a blind date, full of promise and yet so disappointing.