Author Message

Darthkiller_26

Rank 2
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
626
Location
In the end of the world, Argentina
PostedMar 18, 2013 2:12 am
Zealot1312 wrote:
People still buy AP for this game? xD waste of money  


like yo face
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
Joined
27 Jan 2013
Posts
195
Location
United States
PostedMar 18, 2013 5:46 am
I don't understand how the tiers, promotions, and clay tables are okay, honestly.

I've been bouncing back and forth between here and Quill lately, and mostly on Quill. Quill's AH has a serious lack of flow for AP items. There's no costumes, no influx of weapons, nothing. The server itself isn't totally "dead" however the economy is almost at a standstill.

I'm not sure if some of the GM/PM team just doesn't simply care as much as others, but it's very obvious that our wishes aren't even being heard as well as we would like considering promotions.

Recycled tables? Let's fill the AH with stuff we already have, but are seriously lacking the other things we need. Most of the time the stuff that's needed and demanded by other players on Quill doesn't get hit that often in the clay tables. The rates are ridiculous, and other items need to continuously be introduced in order to keep the economy firing.

Promotions? BOGO clay? Fortune bags with somewhat decent rates? The things that are demanded over and over with no sight of change? Same story, different PM.

I don't even want to start on the TS's. Maybe mini-tiers like GF used to have? So people who don't want to spend 200+ for ONE SKB5 can actually get something to help?

tl:dr

Please hear us out Lance.

janepaget

Rank 0
janepaget
Joined
02 Apr 2010
Posts
80
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:31 am   Last edited by janepaget on Mar 18, 2013 8:26 am. Edited 2 times in total
Not professsional at all to start with.

Given the abundance of constructive feedback received and disregarded on repeating mclay tables (since pretty much the start of Lance's PMship) and illogical and rather unappealing tiered spenders, this is getting kinda disgraceful/slapping us all in the face.

This is a major issue, and it risks derailing a game which by other signs is showing a very promising recovery (at least on Ponchee)

turtle2257

Rank 3
turtle2257
Joined
01 Sep 2010
Posts
1483
Location
Jamesville United States
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:32 am
I actually didn't believe this until i saw the same legacy table on the first page appear today LOL

arod9297

Rank 0
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Posts
7
Location
United States
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:21 am
I 1+ this as well. This whole repeating M-clay tables and terrible rates has got to stop. Not to mention the tiered spenders which have been absolutely horrible.

minuzaki

Rank 4
Joined
08 Mar 2010
Posts
1620
Location
Hell. Denmark
PostedMar 18, 2013 8:35 am
cmartly48 wrote:
I don't understand how the tiers, promotions, and clay tables are okay, honestly.

I've been bouncing back and forth between here and Quill lately, and mostly on Quill. Quill's AH has a serious lack of flow for AP items. There's no costumes, no influx of weapons, nothing. The server itself isn't totally "dead" however the economy is almost at a standstill.

I'm not sure if some of the GM/PM team just doesn't simply care as much as others, but it's very obvious that our wishes aren't even being heard as well as we would like considering promotions.

Recycled tables? Let's fill the AH with stuff we already have, but are seriously lacking the other things we need. Most of the time the stuff that's needed and demanded by other players on Quill doesn't get hit that often in the clay tables. The rates are ridiculous, and other items need to continuously be introduced in order to keep the economy firing.

Promotions? BOGO clay? Fortune bags with somewhat decent rates? The things that are demanded over and over with no sight of change? Same story, different PM.

I don't even want to start on the TS's. Maybe mini-tiers like GF used to have? So people who don't want to spend 200+ for ONE SKB5 can actually get something to help?

tl:dr

Please hear us out Lance.  
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I mean seriously, correct me if I'm wrong.

The economy is built mostly on the players. I've heard from multiple people that when Quill was made, it was a majority of people tired of Bodor's high prices, and (at the time) Gaia's rising prices. So in essence, non-ap buyers. Not to mention, that when Quill was made, the English servers population was stressed across three servers. At the time, I believe there were not many AP buyers left, and as I said, it was people looking to get away from Bodor and Quills rising prices.

I have also heard from numerous Quillians that AP buyers, people who actually do buy/spend AP, often keep to themselves. We can't just say "HEY! SHARE A FRIGGEN CLAY!"

But back to the topic at hand, the recycled tables? I agree. Clay rates are horrible. Whenever I do clay, which is around 4 times a week or so, I get little to nothing on clays that are made up of tables from 2 weeks ago. Maybe Lance could see about some old items that aren't in alchemy anymore, then clay might be worth the 300+g that it's sold for.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
Joined
27 Jan 2013
Posts
195
Location
United States
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:12 am
minuzaki wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I mean seriously, correct me if I'm wrong.

The economy is built mostly on the players. I've heard from multiple people that when Quill was made, it was a majority of people tired of Bodor's high prices, and (at the time) Gaia's rising prices. So in essence, non-ap buyers. Not to mention, that when Quill was made, the English servers population was stressed across three servers. At the time, I believe there were not many AP buyers left, and as I said, it was people looking to get away from Bodor and Quills rising prices.

I have also heard from numerous Quillians that AP buyers, people who actually do buy/spend AP, often keep to themselves. We can't just say "HEY! SHARE A FRIGGEN CLAY!"
 


Fine. We'll start with a small little lesson about economy.

Economics (apart from the black and white supply/demand) is the allocation of scarce resources (AP items, costumes, CS pots...anything you can't just get in game without spending a chunk of gold). Quill is currently in a state of "Scarcity" or that our community has limited resources and therefore cannot produce the goods/services people wish to have. In short - lack of AP spending because of terrible promotions, clay tables, tiered spenders means lack of economy flow. Economies go both ways. There's the supply (our AP purchases) vs. our demand. Unfortunately our "demands" if you will, aren't really being met. We have rotating tables, similar promotions, and overpriced tiered spenders.

There is no equal point at this time, between efficiency and equity. Efficiency meaning the most our community can get from scarce resources. Equity meaning the distribution of economic prosperity fairly among the members of society. Key word: FAIRLY. One server tends to get favor over another, depending on numbers and how well they are doing. That's what makes a good business. And Aeria, is in itself, a great business fiscally.

When we have the debate between cost vs. benefits, nobody buys clays. For the reason of the monotonous promotions, why would anybody logically buy clay if their chances for the same product keep coming? I don't need 349852345 legacies. Trade stems out from the supply as far as our community goes. If people cannot gain anything from trades, there's little to no point in doing so. Where's the gain from the same clay table? Oh right. There isn't. Rational people will always make decisions based on the comparison between marginal costs and marginal benefits.

Our PM seriously needs to analyze forces and trends that affect our economy as a whole, not just one server or another.

JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
Joined
25 Jan 2012
Posts
222
Location
Canada
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:33 am
You make it sound like they're paid to think...

nielsaccount

Rank 0
nielsaccount
Joined
18 Feb 2010
Posts
146
Location
Swag town where the hipsters liv Netherlands
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:46 am
OMG IM SO DONE WITH THESE MCLAY TABLES I FAIL AT ROUND 1 EVERY TIME, I USED 250 CLAYS WASTED 1 MILLION AP ON THIS GAME AND I KEEP FAILING YOU SCAM ME OMG CHANGE MCLAY TABLES AND RATES OMGOMGOMG

Iressa

Rank 1
Iressa
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Posts
206
Location
Slovakia
PostedMar 18, 2013 11:41 am
LordRapthorne wrote:
nielsaccount wrote:
OMG IM SO DONE WITH THESE MCLAY TABLES I FAIL AT ROUND 1 EVERY TIME, I USED 250 CLAYS WASTED 1 MILLION AP ON THIS GAME AND I KEEP FAILING YOU SCAM ME OMG CHANGE MCLAY TABLES AND RATES OMGOMGOMG  


OMG, GM PLIS. CHANGE DA TABUL. PLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS  


Could you guys please act like humans, it is already an achievement this thread hasnt been locked yet.

Iressa 90 SL // kiwiboo 8- Saint
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: