yulino

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
yulino
PostedMar 17, 2013 9:53 am

Re: Still not ready? Jeebus...

I've seen games come and go, and it's still not here!
jhelm2049 wrote:
I don't mean to sound impatient (though I probably will end up sounding impatient anyway) but this is getting kinda ridiculous. I mean, I understand if the game's got issues you need to fix them, but my LORD this is taking forever. Let's see what's happened in all this time:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine is now run by ATLUS, and I have no idea as to why.
  2. Scarlet Blade has now been released to the general public. (Seriously guys, you don't know the point of a CLOSED beta, do you?)
  3. Born to Fire has finished development and has already gone to beta. (Again, an in-name-only "closed beta")

Now, if I weren't the jaded kind of guy I am, I would think you guys were just busy; however, since I AM rather jaded, I would be more inclined to believe that you've got your priorities mixed up and are spreading yourselves too thin.

All I'm saying is, I hope all this wait is gonna be worth it. We're seriously short on Pirate-themed games nowadays.  

1. Shin Megami Tensei was developed by ATLUS; ATLUS just decided it wants it's child back ok?
2. AGE is very unique from other publishers because it allows anyone with an Aeria account to try out their CB phases of games. It helps them with finding bugs and it's a nice perk for everyone to have a chance.. I mean the only things that are ever exclusive are Alphas and Early Access CB c:
3. So?

I mean, Lime Odyssey was going to be released earlier after the Alphas, but then developers decided to re-vamp, which people who got the chance to play KR CBT 2012 - saw the brand new changes! Even though we've been waiting for a long time, we're extremely lucky to have a pretty close ties with the developers and to know that they're progressing! I mean read the most recent news article

Advertisement

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedMar 17, 2013 1:25 pm

jhelm2049 wrote:
I don't mean to sound impatient (though I probably will end up sounding impatient anyway) but this is getting kinda ridiculous. I mean, I understand if the game's got issues you need to fix them, but my LORD this is taking forever. Let's see what's happened in all this time:

1. Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine is now run by ATLUS, and I have no idea as to why.
  2. Scarlet Blade has now been released to the general public. (Seriously guys, you don't know the point of a CLOSED beta, do you?)
  3. Born to Fire has finished development and has already gone to beta. (Again, an in-name-only "closed beta")

Now, if I weren't the jaded kind of guy I am, I would think you guys were just busy; however, since I AM rather jaded, I would be more inclined to believe that you've got your priorities mixed up and are spreading yourselves too thin.

All I'm saying is, I hope all this wait is gonna be worth it. We're seriously short on Pirate-themed games nowadays.  

If LO's Closed beta had gone just as smooth as those games, and they didn't sign a contract with a new company, then it would most likely be out too. Although the wait does feel like forever (some of us having grown beards and gray hair), I think it is nice to see they care what players have to say about the game.

As long as everyone keeps realistic expectations about the game, then it will be worth it for many.

torc123

Rank 1
torc123
PostedMar 17, 2013 1:35 pm

Zelxski wrote:

As long as everyone keeps realistic expectations about the game,  

"long wait" means expecting a spectacular game?

seaotters

Rank 3
seaotters
PostedMar 17, 2013 3:30 pm
jhelm2049 wrote:
Alright, fine. I'll wait for another two years. Perhaps I could start working on that degree I never got around to finishing...  

That's the spirit~~

Zenia1

Rank 3
Zenia1
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:35 pm   Last edited by Zenia1 on Mar 17, 2013 7:22 pm. Edited 1 time in total

It's sad to always see this =x but so understandable yet really it's as always just relax the game will be out once it's ready.
jhelm2049 wrote:

And on a side note I soooo didn't get this quote x.x Lime Odyssey is not a Pirate-Themed Game in the least or I wouldn't be waiting for it seeing that I'm not into game like that.When I saw that at the bottom I was kind of like what game is this person talking about??? =o

Either way lol I guess x3

notIyeru

Rank 0
notIyeru
PostedMar 17, 2013 6:42 pm
Lime Odyssey is a fantasy world based around a strange crystalline power source called "Lime." The power source can corrupt the world around it if there is enough of it to do so. Evidence of this is shown in the Muris starting area (Which is a floating continent held up by lime crystals.) when you get to the other half of the island, things start getting not so "Natural" and you'll notice more and more of those crystals jutting out, and the chance of fauna too.

I'm not really supposed to be spoiling that though. But it has to be said at least :V It's not everything that you'll find out when you play Lime.

I'm a dude.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedMar 17, 2013 7:57 pm
notIyeru wrote:
Lime Odyssey is a fantasy world based around a strange crystalline power source called "Lime." The power source can corrupt the world around it if there is enough of it to do so. Evidence of this is shown in the Muris starting area (Which is a floating continent held up by lime crystals.) when you get to the other half of the island, things start getting not so "Natural" and you'll notice more and more of those crystals jutting out, and the chance of fauna too.

I'm not really supposed to be spoiling that though. But it has to be said at least :V It's not everything that you'll find out when you play Lime.  

How is that a spoiler? IJS.

And yeah. If Cykan hadn't decided to actually listen to player suggestions, and shut down the game to do a revamp, the game would be out. But it wouldn't be nearly as good as it will be now that it has.

I make no Rupaulogies.

Zelxski

Rank 1
Zelxski
PostedMar 18, 2013 3:53 am

torc123 wrote:
Zelxski wrote:

As long as everyone keeps realistic expectations about the game,  

"long wait" means expecting a spectacular game?  

Pretty much. I wouldn't use the word spectacular though.

EbonyPiano

Rank 0
EbonyPiano
PostedMar 18, 2013 9:24 am
Don't worry, when the game comes out it will be worth it! ^_^

xSerenitas

Rank 2
xSerenitas
PostedMar 18, 2013 6:31 pm
It will indeed.