laosduude

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:06 am
Great guide, been thinking so much about what to make first for open beta, Whipper/Defender as a main lol. Playin with the simulator for some hours already.
Advertisement

harunanyan

Rank 0
PostedMar 19, 2013 5:24 am

PVE S.walker Supreme dps

Proof that PVE SW has the highest damage ingame
This run i dit 1Million more damage then the runner up,
i never seen anyone outdamage or even get 300K close to my damage

wemajor87

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
wemajor87
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:40 pm   Last edited by wemajor87 on Mar 20, 2013 3:56 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Very useful guide, I started off with a Whipper but was also looking into either Punisher or Shadow Walker, these descriptions and guidelines will make things easier!

EDIT: Tweaked my Whipper, and she lives a lot longer now! Only problem is now I'm not doing as much damage as I should be so more tweaking is needed Very Happy

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedMar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

Re: PVE S.walker Supreme dps

harunanyan wrote:
Proof that PVE SW has the highest damage ingame
This run i dit 1Million more damage then the runner up,
i never seen anyone outdamage or even get 300K close to my damage

Just gears. At 28, I did a core run with my guild, and my friend that is a sw, I had more dps than him as a sentinel and if I remember correctly, we had similar gears.

I'm assuming your run took a long time since the dps mostly came from you and your medics didn't even do any damages.

eniguman

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
eniguman
PostedMar 20, 2013 6:41 pm
Nice guide, it's helping me figure out how to build my defender.

I would like to point out as well that the 2 defesnive buffs in whipper's final tier are not useless in the least and are big staples in how I view the whipper should be played. My view is of course that you should always gather up as many monsters as possible then murder them with AOEs. It's just too fun not to do.

SSC guild leader. I play Scarlet Blade for the articles.

Daemetius

Rank 0
Daemetius
PostedMar 20, 2013 7:06 pm
For medic guide you should consider the following:

1. Passives: Although your HP suggestion is great, medics should consider SP also. Most of our healing skills consume a lot of SP which eventually comes to massive use of SP potions. It would soothe the quick need of SP potions if points are placed on them.

2. Healer's Kiss: Although you mention that it's a waste to heal one person from the group of 30 you should consider CDs (Cooldowns). Restoration consumes a huge chunk of SP and has a CD of 1 min and 35 secs if 4/4 into it. It's great, but not great enough. Same goes for Veil of Healing, it has long CD compared to the 2 sec CD Healing Kiss has. I usually use Restoration and Veil when pushing in a PvP battle. As for PvE it's great after the party took a huge hit from boss special move. In the end Healer's Kiss is the main healing skill medic uses.

I'll update this post if anything else pops up. So

fuzzycat1989

Rank 0
fuzzycat1989
PostedMar 21, 2013 12:46 am
Tip for Punisher, the 5th skill of Tier 1 (second last) definitely worth investing. At level 4, its cooldown is down to 10s (from 12s). I think it's possible that at maxed level it will have very low cooldown (6-8s). The skill has good critical boost and good damage.

The 1st skill of Tier 1 should be left at level 1. It doesn't have any progress value at higher level.

If you ever reset your skill, keep your auto attack. Even if you have 7 other skills to use, it still helps.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 21, 2013 2:55 am
Thanks for the tips. Updated guide =)

By me =)

anrewv

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 1:54 pm
Could use some suggestions on Defender. I think I'm gonna have to skill reset, because I bounced around a bit, but pve wise for lvling or at lvl 29 whats a good build to have. The grind is wearing on me. I'm starting to wonder if I'll even hit lvl 29 and only about 5 lvls to go.

anrewv

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 3:20 pm
Just curious pve/lvling wise would it be so bad to use points into the SP pool. Seems like downtime is just annoying after 2-3 fights gotta have a sit.