fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:48 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 2:58 am. Edited 20 times in total

[GUIDE] Character's General Tips

GUIDE UPDATED AFTER A LOT OF TIME! LOL

Hi all. I played Restricted Alpha, Early Beta, closed beta and now the commercial release. I didn't played the Korean Version. Even so, i admit that i am, by far, not the best player of this game. But i do have some experience with it. So this guide is to help newbies and not-so-newbies on the basics of building your Arkana, A.K.A your character. So, let's get to it.

General Tips
Skill points
You get skill points by leveling, doing quests and image puzzles. Please note that Scarlet Blade don't distribute skill points on the normal way (1 point per level). Some levels, quests and ALL image puzzles also give skill points.

The skill chart
Your character has a lot of tabs on the skill window (K) but there are two really important ones (the only ones you use skill points). They are the first tab (Active) and second tab (Passive).

Understanding the Active Tab
As you can see, your character has a LOT of skills, and they can have a LOT of ranks (Rank is the name of skills levels. THe game calls then "ranks"). This can get rather confusing, but all classes share the same overall organization:

The first line is your "basic line". For all characters, that line has only attack skills. They are the core of your most basic battle capacities, so that all chars starts with 3 of these learned.
The other 3 or 4 lines are Chakra and Special skills, that defines your class. And the last lines are reserved to buffing skills.

General Tips on each class. A.K.A "How to not destroy your character"
This will NOT be a build guide. I will NOT tell you where you should put your points. Only general tips on HOW to do this. I tend to dislike complete Builds, because they make a lot of players follow them same path, rendering the game with a lot of carbon copies. And Scarlet Blade has a lot of skills and ranks, letting you customize how your character fights, a lot to your personal preference and gameplay style.

Simulate if you want to plan
This awesome Skill Simulator on this awesome site of the awesome Reyva is the best (and maybe the only one) to date.
http://reyva.com/resources/scarlet-blade-skill-simulator.4/
Take a note:

• The Simulator shows what Lv your character needs to be to spent all those skill points. Since on some levels you can do quests and complete image puzzles that reward you with extra skill points, this is also reflected on Skill Simulator. So if you reach a level with less skill points than your build is showing, it is because you didn't do a particular Quest or Image Puzzle.
  • The first 3 skills on the first tier starts with 1 skill point allocated each. Don't forget to make that on the simulator.

WARNING: HELP ME BUILD THIS GUIDE!
This guide is, BY NO MEANS, absolute. I'm not the most experienced player of the game. If anyone has better tips, advises, if i did or say something wrong or if i did everything plain wrong lol please, PLEASE, tell me here and i will greatly edit this general guide to be better and better. If your info is correct and accurate, i will credit you down below and add your information on the guide

Please, also remember that we ARE ALL NEWBIES here. The game is on Beta, so, both this guide, other guides, builds, the skill simulator...anything can change, can get outdated or be just plain completely wrong.

PEOPLE THAT HELPED BUILDING THIS GUIDE
Siviard / Naduron1 / Zaebja / dishana / dishana / Reyva (skill simulator) / ShallowKite / Kyrion33 / Daemetius / fuzzycat1989
Advertisement

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:49 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 2:52 am. Edited 6 times in total

DEFENDER

http://s11.postimg.org/y4613ayfn/class01.jpg
The Defender is the Tanker class. She has the highest VOID (defense in %. 100 VOID = 1% less damage taken) of the game, highest HP regeneration, can increase Aggro, is powerful on PVP 1 vs 1 and her mech has a higher survival bonus. She can also work as a moderate damage dealer but her skills are very limited and lack variety.

Skills

Tier 1: If you are aiming to tank, you just need a few of these to help you level along the way. If you are looking to be a damage dealer with your busty Defender, then i highly recommend investing until the end of the tier, where Clash of Titans lies, a skill that brokes all target's defenses, with a surprisngly quick cooldown.

Tier 2 and 3: It is a waste of points to rank up both tiers. You NEED to follow one of then, but just one. Pick either of the Chakras: Particle (Cynosure and Eye of the Storm) or Electric (Quicklime and Hurricane).

The Particle Way is better for PvE due to higher damage and Electric is recomended for PvP due to disabling and paralyzing effects, that can save your Defender's behind.

Tier 4: Gash is a must-have, regardless of your build. It is the ONLY ranged skill for Defender and this is a game with 6 classes, 3 of then with ranged attacks. Loathing and Advanced Provocation are skills required for any good tanker, as they raise your Aggro (agressive monsters will attack you, even forgetting your allies or others sometimes). But you should get only if you are following the Tanker's hard way. Demotivation is a really odd skill. It is pretty weak, but is an AOE damage skill that reduces target's offense powers. I don't see a reason for it, but get it if you feel you need it. I don't like it.

Tier 5: This is the heart and soul of a Tanker. The 3 first skills of this Tier is focused on increasing your DEF, VOID, Chakra Resistance, HP restoration and such, you need then if you are a Tanker. Chakrashiled has a ridiculous short duration, but it is usefull on PVP, where people can die in seconds without Chakra protection. The only thing you need to think is about Iron Skin and Frenzy, because they give some debuffs to your lady Defender. I really don't like to be debuffed, so i don't like those.

Passives: HP and VOID, regardless if you are following a Tanker's path or a damage dealer path. SP is not your biggest problem.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:49 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 2:57 am. Edited 7 times in total

WHIPPER

http://s11.postimg.org/pw43ib6j7/class03.jpg

The Whipper, believe it or not, is a kind of "Tanking Mage" on Scarlet Blade. She has a lot of Chakra (the game "magic") skills, a lot of AOE skills and is much, much better on PVE than everything else. Along with the second highest melee damage, a lot of AOEs, she is a great class for PVE lovers.

Skills

Tier 1: Whipper doesn't have a single AOE on her basic attack tier and that alone is a very good argument to not upgrade it at all. She has acess to skills much faster than other classes, so it is a little pointless to raise ranks here.

Tier 2: This Tier should be taken as a separate from tier 3 and 4. So you should not use the general rule of "never following 2 Chakra tiers" that i mentioned before on Defender. This tier is mostly used for PVP, where decreasing Stats of your foes can really be the difference between winning and losing. But be advised: Going on this tier to the end WILL cut you from get the best of her Chakra's AOE's. I know this isn't a great tip, but it is really a personal option.

Tier 3 and 4: Tier 3 is Disabling (block skills from user) Tier 4 is DoT (Damage Over Time). Tier 3 is good for PVP and 4, for PVE. Tier 4 is very, VERY bad on PVP. DoT really doesn't make nothing on a fast-paced battle with a lot of players buffing and shooting everywhere. And DoT is nerfed on PVP.

Tier 5: The first skill is one of Whipper's biggest characteristics (along with her enormous butt). Hook and Sinker pull an enemy closer to you, like Scorpion's "Get over here!" from Mortal Kombat. Is it good? Yes it is!. On PVE you can pull enemies out of agressive ones to fight a foe alone, and on PVP you can use it to pull your big-boobed rivals to attack then. A must have. Provocation is a very odd skill that increases Aggro, have low damage and a huge AOE field that hits only 3 foes.

Tier 6: Soulshield is a great buff, making your "tanky" work even better. Defender's might is good to protect yourself against chakras. But take note that good equips can vastly destroy the usage of Whipper's buffs.

Passives: HP and DEF are the best. HP for more survivability and DEF because, at high levels, it can make the Whipper a queen at PVE solo. The SP Passive, on the other hand, is just a waste, most of the time you have more than enough SP, or you can use one of those SP Hypovials that you get at thousands.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:49 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 3:01 am. Edited 8 times in total

SENTINEL

http://s11.postimg.org/66lt5uymr/class05.jpg

The Sentinel is a mix-match class. She is quick, fast, furious and with lots of Chakras. And she is also a glass with the lowest HP of the game and the lowest damage, making her a very unique class, dificult to master. But, if you consider her DPS, her damage isn't the lowest (it is "just" the second lowest).
Skills

Tier 1: The first tier has two debuffing skills (and good ones) and the others follow the higher damage = bigger cooldown formula. Since Sentinel have a very low damage, she needs a lot of skills so you can throw all of then on the target at the same time.

Tier 2: You can get the first skill, due to the Knock-out effect, but don't get the others. They are nothing more than waste of points. Hex does have a great usage on PVP, but you can only hit a single target to debuff Medic's Enchantment. And this don't do much on arenas with a lot of players killing each other on a fast pace.
But, This Tier can be useful for stun locking foes and Medic's VOID can be destroyed by Hex, combined with Gattling Storm.

Tier 3 and 4: If you don't want to reach Tier 1 to the end, get Tier 3 and 4. Yes, both of then. They are generally good damaging skills with quick cooldown and good effects. If you want to get only one, i recommend the Particle one, due to higher damage. The Atomic one reduces target's movement speed, but since Sentinel's damage is low, this will do nothing because the enemy will still reach you and attack your pretty face before you kill it. Of course, this is talking on Solo. If you are partying, them Atomic can be good because your friends can easily kill a slowed down enemy. If you don't party much, this is skill is plain useless, but if you are a party gal, than it can have a good usage.

Tier 5: The first skill is mandatory, since it increases your odds at detecting (and thus, attacking) Shadow Walkers on her Shadowy Shadow methods of shadowying thenselves...you got it.
This skill also increases your move SPD, a must for Sentinel since she needs to keep running and running due to her low HP, to avoid enemies.
All the other buff skills are good, but not mandatory. Get it if you have spare points.

Passives: This is a great debate. Some argue that HP and ATK are the only ones you should bother. Although you use a lot of SP, you don't have enough skill points for that. And increasing detection value hasn't showed ANY effect for me at all. But it does have effects (let's you see Shadow Walker on a higher range when she is using Fade), it is just that, on a hectic crazy battle, for me this still has no real effect. It is a much personal taste.
On the other hand, HP Passive is a little useless if you think that it increases on % and her HP is already too low. The detection passive can be good also, on PVP to cancel those Shadow Walker's Fade easier.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:50 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 3:13 am. Edited 7 times in total

SHADOW WALKER

http://s11.postimg.org/ayr13k3wz/class02.jpg

Ahh, the Shadow Walker. The most popular class of the game to date. Probably due to her Shadowy ways of being a shadow that kills without mercy, in the shadows of...you got it.
Shadow Walker is the perfect combination of a good damage, and a very good attack speed, rendering her the title of the higher DPS in game (Damage per Second). She is too much "managing" though. You need patience and quick fingers to play this quick beautie.

Skills

Tier 1: GET. THEM. ALL. Simple as that. Shadow Walkers RELLIES on her basic attacks to fight. All her other skills have high requirements, high cooldowns or are rather plain "odd". Putting points on each skill of the first tier is almost a mandatory move.

Tier 2: This is her shadowy shadow tier, with shadow skills that conceals her from her foes, hidding her into the shadows for...you got it (the joke is getting old, i know). This tier is a little hard to understand, so i will brake it to explain better.

Fade (the first skill) makes your busty Shadow invisible. You can't be attacked while invisible by aggressive monsters or players (although this can be broken by some skills) and increasing this skill, increases her concealment, decreasing the player's chance to hit her and/or break her Fade. This is a must-have skill due to the skill that comes right next to it. Remember that if you attack someone, the Fade will break.

Shadow Strike: This skill doesn't have a very big damage, but it's attack has an Increased Critical chance of 4000 points (40%!). So, almost half of the time, this skill will lead to a critical attack. Another must have. But you can only use this skill while hidden with Fade.

Secret Charge: This skill has a very high range, combined with good damage, DEF debuffing and immobilization effect! A must have both for PVP or PVE focused players. It also can only be used while using Fade.

Ghost Walk: This is a rather useless skill. It is basically a Fade with a great Move SPD buff. It is used only for you to run away like a chicken-wuss from battles. I don't recommend it.

Tier 3 and 4: The Particle Skills have a very high damage and they decrease Aggro (meaning Aggressive monsters close to you will be less likely to attack you). The Electric skills has a higher base damage, with a lower Chakra damage,. with Disable effect. Get Particle if you are a PVE enthusiast and Electric if you want to disable other Arkanas on PVP battles, but don't get the two. You need the points for the first tier.

Tier 5: Shadow Walker, surprisingly, has a very low EVA, so you should need to buff it, BUT those buffs have a laughable duration and an atrocious cooldown. When you try to spam the 3 at once, the first one is already gone! They only really work if you raise them a lot. Them they can be usefull to kill and escape very fast.

Tier 6: The first one is another great Buff, destroyed by it's ridiculous duration. The second is a GREAT skill that can knock-out 3 targes on a very wide area, a must if you are a PVP lover. The last one is a fun little skill that let's you teleport to anywhere you can see (with some limitations) in a instant. A must-get, mostly for fun and for a very quick escape.

Passives: HP and ACC are the best for Shadow Walker. More hits and more HP to survive is never a wrong catch.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:50 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 3:07 am. Edited 6 times in total

PUNISHER

http://s11.postimg.org/nstoan6qb/class04.jpg

Although the game has 3 Ranged Classes, the Punisher is THE ranged class. She has the highest Accuracy and damage rating (how much you hit crossed with how much damage you deliver) combined with a very slow attack speed. Think of her as a Sniper. You normally need to stay in place and just shot everything from there.

Skills

Tier 1: Her basic attack tier has surprisingly higher requirements than others. In almost half of the game you will only need the first five skills to survive and kill on PVE. The fifth skill (Demolition) has a great damage and critical power, along with a good cooldown. So it is a good investiment.. And you can stop at that. The last one isn't bad, it is just that it feels a waste to go on with it, when you have a lot of much better options on the other tiers.

Tier 2: This is THE tier for PVP. If you are an PVP lover, this tier is for you. One skill for knocking-out and other to deliver a crazy, high and destructive Debuff that can easily obliterate all Buffs of your target to nothing. On PVE though, these two are much less effective.

Tier 3 and 4: Here we go, the Punisher's dilemma. These tiers have very good skills and is really up to your personal preference on where do you want to invest. The Atomic Chakra path can save your round cheeks sometimes, because reducing target movement speed means that you can kill it before it reaches you. On the other hand, Plasma Skills have DoT and deliver a higher damage then Atomic ones. But, again, DoT means nothing on PVP.

Tier 5: The "Cocoon's" names on those skills aren't there for nothing. They are great Buffs (some consider the second-best Buffs in the game, losing only to Medic's) but they have a special characteristic that can render them useless sometimes. They are standing buffs. You create a field around you, and that field stays in place, so any ally (on PVE) or anyone from your faction (on PVP) that step inside will receive the Buffs. If you or anyone gets out of the field, the buff ends on 3 seconds. This is why i say that Punisher is like a Sniper. If you stay in your place, with your Coccons, you are deadly. If you get out, you lose as lot of potential. I love those buffs and tend to raise them everytime and i recommend you also learn to love them.

Tier 6: Those skills are so odd that you need to really think about them. The first one (Mind over Body) heals your SP instantly, by consuming HP. For me, this isn't a fair trade. You can die without HP. But this will not happen without SP (most of the time, at least). So, i really feel "scammed". The second and third is to use in complement to your Coccon's Buffs. The second (In Plain Sight) have a great defense potential, but you can't move, ir it cancels itself. The third is probably the best Buff on the whole game. It vastly increases your damage and critical, turning you into a killing machine that can kill bosses on PVE and even Mechs (without using one!) with ease on higher levels! but you cannot move on it's duration. If you cast your Coccons and this one on the same spot, you just turned yourself on a Glass Cannon.

Passives: Punisher's HP is good, i don't see a reason to increase it. SP is low, and you use a lot, so, this can be a secondary good Passive to invest a few points, but since it increases on %, you may not see a great difference. The Damage Mastery, on the other hand, is the best Passive for a Punisher. This will vastly increase your already big damage, turning you into a deadly cannon even more...deadly.

fakepow1

Rank 0
fakepow1
PostedMar 15, 2013 6:50 pm   Last edited by fakepow1 on Sep 10, 2013 3:12 am. Edited 9 times in total

MEDIC

http://s11.postimg.org/wqee7zz6b/class06.jpg

Best Buffs, Healing skills, lowest damage (if you consider the DPS of Sentinel) and a very low attack speed. Medic is a very basic healer/buffer that almost any MMORPG deliver to your players. If you like supporting (believe me, it is fun!) this sexy nurse is your choice.

Skills

Tier 1: Medic is not made to attack and kill, but she NEEDS to do it right? The first tier skills has basic attacks, but they can deliver curious effects, like Knocking-out and Chakra damage. I don't really see a reason to get all of them, just the first four or five if you want the Knock-out one. Some may consider getting all to build a "Battle Medic" but she has better skills for that.

Tier 2: Atomic Shots that reduce movement speed and do Knock-out. Great for Battle Medics, useless for support ones for the simple reason that you need all the skill points you can get, to use on her healing and buffs.

Tier 3: The exact same problem of Tier 2. Those skills give DoT damage, and this is good on PVE and useless on PVP. One of those skills has LV 30 requirement, with hamper's even more their efficiency. Get it if you want a Battle Medic, along with Tier 2. Avoid it if you are building your Medic on the classic supporting path.

Tier 4: This is the Medic's main tier. Your lovely skimpy Nurse needs ALL of what's in here. But beware on what you want to your Medic. Healer's Kiss is mandatory, for both Classic and Battle Medics, because Medic has a very bad Defense and damage, and you will get your pretty face owned countless times if you don't spam Healer's Kiss every 2 seconds on yourself. This is for YOUR survival and good for PVP too. Of course, you can't take your time to heal ONE of your 30+ friends on a fast paced PVP battle, but you can heal half of them! Even so, that's why you can learn Veil of Healing, that heals much more HP, on a AOE range for all your allies on PVE or all that's close to you on PVP. Tt is not a bad idea to increase both at decent ranks. Restoration is the highest HP healing skill of the game, with the highest cost and the highest cooldown. Lazarus Blessing is THE ONLY REVIVAL SKILL of the game. Do i need to say more?

Tier 5: The first two are mandatory Buffs. Great increases and with a enormous duration, and on top of that, they hit AOE on 6 people. They are great for you, for your friends on PVE and PVP. Veil of Critical and Detection are also great buffs, but their duration is much lower. Put at least 1 point each, and more if you feel like it.

Tier 6: Another great tier with great Buffs, but all of them are single-target, so they tend to be useless on group PVP. But are great if you are more into PVE. Shift is a funny "utility" skill to teleport and get out of messy situations. Eradicate may mean nothing to you for the most part on PVE, because very few monsters deliver stats effects. This is not the case on PVP. Heeled Flair is the only one that i really see no reason at tall. Okey, it is a high Move SPD buff but why you need this? You can have a usage to reach your allies faster, so you can heal and buff them before they start dying, but it is a very specific usage for a skill. You will only have opportunity for that on PVE, most probably on dungeons.

Special info about buffs: A lot of players agree that spreading the points on the buffs is a waste, since most of Medic's Buffs are much more useful if you focus on fewer ones, raising then much more than spreading your points on all of then.

Passives: Medic has a lot of Passives and their are much a personal option. You probably don't need any because of your great buffs (except, maybe HP Passive) but if you want something more permanent, get one or two, and focus on them. SP is a great choice, since Medic use a lot of healing skills and have a constantly need of SP. I disagree on getting Speed Mastery, because, as i say above, i don't really see a reason for why a Medic should run faster.

Patchix75

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2013 8:00 pm
This is rather helpful Very Happy helps me plan out my build a bit... seems like I'm doing it right XD... I think.

Didn't know you can get skill points from Image puzzles o-o

Siviard

Rank 3
Siviard
PostedMar 15, 2013 8:20 pm
I'm actually going to have to say that tier 2 skills for Sentinel are useful. Tumbleweed kick and Stupefy are absolute musts for stun locking foes, which is the only way to kill Medics/Defenders and Hex is great for killing their VOID. Stack Hex with Gattling Storm and you'll inflict a minimum of -1000 VOID on the target.

HP passive is mostly worthless due to how low her HP already is. Modifying it by a few points isn't worth the skill points into it, better to put those into the damage skills and to put one of them into the detection passive.

pervddl

GameSage: Aeria Mobile
pervddl
PostedMar 15, 2013 11:01 pm
Nice. Will wait for punisher and Medic.
Btw, Medic has the lowest DMG, not Sentinel.

And I've read SW has an awful EVA (just get good with buff skill) but not sure, didn't played with her.