shisou1

Rank 0
shisou1
PostedMar 15, 2013 4:46 pm

gears upgrade with exp

i have been missing for 1 year now and i have seen alot of changes, i hope to dont bother with my noob question,but i have tried for hours to search this topic but didnt have any chance, so if any1 plz can link me or explaine how to upgrade gears and weapons with the new system i would very very much apreciated(sorry for my bad english), and ty in advance.
Advertisement

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedMar 15, 2013 4:53 pm
There was a guide explaining how it worked when it was first released but I guess it's lost now.

Anyway, it's really simple. The "Gear Upgrade" button is on your character info screen right above the trophies. You can only level 1 gear at a time, and if you put a gear there and remove it (note that removing doesn't mean unequipping it), said gear will never get exp again. It'll also lose the ability to gain exp if it was put in archieve.

Note that when it comes to armor (helmet body etc), let's say for example you have a heavy armor equipped, if you want to switch to a light armor class, you have to unequip the gear that's upgrading so it'll continue getting exp, if you don't, then it won't gain exp ever again.

Gears gain exp the same way you gain CP, by killing monsters.

criss8427

Rank 2
criss8427
PostedMar 15, 2013 9:34 pm
I would suggest you check this link : http://edeneternal.aeriagames.com/news/64553/eden-eternal-patch-notes-10-17-2012

Gear EXP upgrade Guide:

Step 1: On your character UI menu (Defaulted Hot Key: C), select “Gear Upgrade” to open up your Gear Upgrade window.

Step 2: Place your new selected weapon or gear you want to level up into this field to setup attributes you like the piece to develop. The only attributes you can select are – Attack, Accuracy, Attack Speed, Critical Rate, Evasion and Parry. You cannot choose the same attribute twice. Once you’ve picked your attributes and confirm, these attributes will be permanently set to this equipment. There is a way to change your attributes but more on this later. Keep in mind that the only types of gear that can be upgrade are – head, body, waist, foot, and hand armor. 1H weapons, 2H weapons, and shields can also be upgraded.

You’ll see after confirming your selections, only those attributes will be increasing your character stats.

Step 3: Now go and hunt! Your equipment will only level if you have it equip on you, and you must be earning EXP for the monsters after killing it. Keep in mind that the order of selection matter, because the very top selection will get the strongest boost. Number two will provide the next highest boost, and then number three will provide the lease increase in your boost potential.

The stats increase does not increase your base stats on the weapon, but it provides an increase to your existing character stats. Keep in mind that the gears and weapons cannot advance higher than its own level. A level 65 weapons cannot level to 70. Equipment can be unequipped and placed in player’s inventory, bank, or archive and will not lose their progress. Therefore, players can hope between equipment and level them all up at the same time by rotating equipment out, or finish the development of their selected weapon and/or gears then move on to a new one!

For the weapon to earn EXP and level up, these conditions must apply:

- Players need to have gears and weapons equipped.
- The durability of the gears and weapons must not be zero.
- EXP has to be from killed mob. EXP earned from quests will not count.