ornagejuice

Rank 0
PostedMar 15, 2013 9:08 am

Name Availability

Name is taken, but shouldnt be
I made a toon, got to level 7-ish, but I wanted to reroll a different class, and recycle the name. So I deleted the character, and right as the 24hour waiting period was up, I attempted to remake the toon as planned, but it tells me that it's still in use. Do names persist even after a character is deleted?
Advertisement

MastaJ16

Rank 2
MastaJ16
PostedMar 15, 2013 9:39 am
yes names remain as they are part of the system, you belong to them now muahahaha

GMLeo

Rank 4
GMLeo
PostedMar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Re: Name Availability

ornagejuice wrote:
I made a toon, got to level 7-ish, but I wanted to reroll a different class, and recycle the name. So I deleted the character, and right as the 24hour waiting period was up, I attempted to remake the toon as planned, but it tells me that it's still in use. Do names persist even after a character is deleted?  

You may need to wait until the next server restart or maintenance. Also you can submit a ticket if the problem persists.

New siggy to come soon!

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedMar 15, 2013 12:36 pm

GMLeo wrote:
ornagejuice wrote:

You may need to wait until the next server restart or maintenance. Also you can submit a ticket if the problem persists.

I actually think it's meant to be this way. In QB, once a character is deleted you can not reuse the name (I even tried 3 months after deletion). Also, same results in Sb Alpha minus the longer time span.

I personally thing it should not be this way though. =x

Kiralyn2000

Rank 0
Kiralyn2000
PostedMar 15, 2013 1:32 pm

TheNinjaKitten wrote:

I actually think it's meant to be this way. In QB, once a character is deleted you can not reuse the name (I even tried 3 months after deletion). Also, same results in Sb Alpha minus the longer time span.

Did the wipe between Alpha and CB return the used names? Cause if all the names being used in CB are permanently gone once OB hits.... that would be annoying.

TheNinjaKitten

Rank 5
TheNinjaKitten
PostedMar 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Kiralyn2000 wrote:
TheNinjaKitten wrote:

Did the wipe between Alpha and CB return the used names? Cause if all the names being used in CB are permanently gone once OB hits.... that would be annoying.  

Yes, the Alpha and CB wipes will clear the names for re-use in OBT/Release.