EpicKitten42

Rank 0
PostedMar 13, 2013 9:44 pm

Crashing

Please Help D:
My Grand Fantasia crashes all the time when I use a certain computer. I play this game on 3 different computers and it only crashes on this one. The game just suddenly stops working and sometimes before it I get some funky graphic errors. I get a little box that says error and has a bunch of ?s every time I crash. I've tried re-installing the game and a few other things but it hasn't worked... anyone got any idea on how I can fix this problem? It crashes about 2-4 times in an 8 hour period...
Advertisement

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 15, 2013 5:24 am
The ?????????????????? Bug? You'll have to complete a full scan for that. It sounds like a corrupted file.

Make sure too, that your graphics card is up to date as drivers are concerned and that it can actually handle Grand Fantasia.

Further, you shouldn't be running GF for a few hours at a time. It's best to close it off after an hour to hour and a half because of the amount of memory loss during play.

EpicKitten42

Rank 0
PostedMar 17, 2013 8:25 pm
Ok ty for your info. I have tried running a full scan a few times and even re-installed the game. I'll try loging out every hour like you said and see if that stops the game from crashing. And I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date but is it possible you could link me to a page where I could check that?

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 18, 2013 7:15 am
EpicKitten42 wrote:
Ok ty for your info. I have tried running a full scan a few times and even re-installed the game. I'll try loging out every hour like you said and see if that stops the game from crashing. And I'm pretty sure my drivers are up to date but is it possible you could link me to a page where I could check that?  

Unfortunately, without knowing any of your computers information I can't help you Razz.

I suggest reading this thread. The poster does have a place where you can find all of your drivers and such.

EpicKitten42

Rank 0
PostedMar 20, 2013 7:49 pm
I don't seem to get the ???? error my game just kind of stops and then auto logs me out... I've tried everything I don't know what to do anymore I guess I just have to play like this. I'm tired of missing dungeon kills and dying because the game won't run right when there is no reason it shouldn't.

Nightmarescars

Rank 0
PostedMar 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Crash

???????bug
im getting the same issue, ill try it again....this is ridiculous. havent had issues before Sad

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 22, 2013 2:41 am

Re: Crash

???????bug
Nightmarescars wrote:
im getting the same issue, ill try it again....this is ridiculous. havent had issues before Sad  

If you're getting the ?????????????????? bug, it's a simple fix - just click "full scan" at the launcher screen. Should take care of it. But like mentioned in numerous previous posts: make sure GF is allowed through your firewall/antivirus settings and run in administrative mode.