Mars.Ultor

Rank 0
Mars.Ultor
PostedMar 14, 2013 7:49 am
coitus14 wrote:
Staying at the RvR doing nothing and just waiting for a free battle point being handed to you easily is stupid. I propose don't give battle points on the losing Realm during RvR.

The thing is you are playing a PvP game if you don't want to die and you just want to wait and be handed some benefits without doing nothing just go play some facebook games instead.  

Currently the only reason you even SEE Eos in RvR is because of those BP and GP that we get for getting spawn camped, 9/10 times. So no, if you got rid of our BP and GP, then I think you'd see a large decrease on Eos's participation.

Advertisement

mykolag

Rank 1
mykolag
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:02 am
1) Enemy can get inside the SPAWN ZONE:

IMHO, ebil did not told - it would be not possible to get inside... if 30+ players would move at the same time... some of them would be able to get inside...
Such scenario is usable, to prevent "ghost" players - just login in the game to get their BP without any activity...

Keep in mind, such issue was after server DC... and re-login...

2-3) OK

4) Disagree. without fun on bridges - war would be really boring.

coitus14

Rank 0
coitus14
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:04 am
Mars.Ultor wrote:
coitus14 wrote:
Staying at the RvR doing nothing and just waiting for a free battle point being handed to you easily is stupid. I propose don't give battle points on the losing Realm during RvR.

The thing is you are playing a PvP game if you don't want to die and you just want to wait and be handed some benefits without doing nothing just go play some facebook games instead.  

Currently the only reason you even SEE Eos in RvR is because of those BP and GP that we get for getting spawn camped, 9/10 times. So no, if you got rid of our BP and GP, then I think you'd see a large decrease on Eos's participation.  

I'm talking about the free 100 BP every end of RvR

Daskarion

Rank 0
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:34 am
exactly those

Exscuse my english ==

Mars.Ultor

Rank 0
Mars.Ultor
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:36 am
Yeah that's what you call an incentive buddy. For coming to RvR we should get something, and for getting spawn camped, well that's a different story. But let's see how many Eos players will come after you remove bp and gp rewards.

gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedMar 14, 2013 11:04 am
Thank you everyone for your suggestion. Keep them up so we can summarize them for the Devs to consider.

coitus14

Rank 0
coitus14
PostedMar 14, 2013 12:51 pm   Last edited by coitus14 on Mar 14, 2013 1:17 pm. Edited 3 times in total
@Shinzo
I beg to differ regarding being spawn camped. If you gonna look closer to the Reumon map Eos spawn is way closer to the stairs leading to the capping area. Unlike in Dione spawn area that we need to move more just to get to the stairs and capping area. Meaning you can even reinforce the perimeter of stairs to prevent Dione from reaching it.

Here's the travel diagram distance between each realm Blue Line shows that the travel distance of Eos is shorter than the Red Line which is the travel distance of Dione to the stairs.

It's either Eos are slow in moving, late in appearing in the said event or not motivated at all to participate.

Also Glory Points is enough for the non winning Realm. Also if you gonna think about it, how many fights happen in 1 RvR? 3 to 5 that's like how many BP's, 300 to 500?

Analysis:

1st fight:
Eos wins, they get 100BP and 500GP. Dione lost they get 500GP.

<Round restart>

2nd fight:
Dione wins, they get 100BP and 500GP. Eos lost they get 500GP.

<Round restart>

and so on...

That prevents people for just AFK'ing during the whole match and receive the 100BP easily because they will be forced to move and play their part.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Re: ACTUALLY Changes To "Ruemon's Bridges" Patch

Bryan.Fury wrote:
Right now the bridges are totally a mess..

Here some changes that are a MUST:

1) Enemy can get inside the SPAWN ZONE:

So CHANGE the spawn zone for EACH side as i edited on the image:

2) Guards MUST have more range (20 meters at least)

3) Guards MUST be 5 each side, not 4.

4) BP gain is DISABLED on the bridges zone

5) When you die you spawn FULL HP and MP. With the actually 5min counter it's totally a waste of time the HP/MP at 10% when you respawn. It was MAYBE right when the RvR was a total of 30 min, whenever was the situation but right now.. meh..

6) Apply MY suggestion about the Ruemon shape/architecture (Link). The change we got from this patch is a mess without change the shape as i suggested.

7) ADD a physical NPC inside EVENE TOWN.

Cool REMOVE the instant teleport to the spawn zone for EACH realm, but instead ADD a FREE teleport option into EACH teleport from ANY town to "Ruemon Spawn Zone"

9)
caprontos wrote:
make it so each time you capture middle for 5mins you get a point and then whichever side gets the most points wins that rvr.. and keep this reset to spawn after someone wins thing..  
Basically i AGREE on the suggestion from Caprontos, BUT i suggest a change: EACH point give you 100 BP and 100 GP. Also, make the total point be 3. Whatever realm reach the 3 point will win the RvR. Win a RvR mean more BP and GP as reward. Also who partecipated but did lost will gain BP ad GP, but only HALF ot the winning side.  

Like I have been telling you plenty of times before.Bryan I really like your work and your creative thinking. Some points I would like to make.

Instead of going through all this trouble. Wouldn't it be more useful if Enemies can't enter within a certain set parameter?So the entire bridge could be off limits and than the guards could be placed at the other side where the 2 factions meet. This will potentially end camping and create a more strategic type of RvR. Now feel free to correct me but this is how I feel this could work.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 14, 2013 1:10 pm
I attended a few of these and each one had people abusing the ability to enter the other teams spawn. It is a problem, but the Dev's are busy still trying to fix our FPS Issue atm >.>

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Re: ACTUALLY Changes To "Ruemon's Bridges" Patch

coitus14 wrote:
Here's the travel diagram distance between each realm Blue Line shows that the travel distance of Eos is shorter than the Red Line which is the travel distance of Dione to the stairs.  
That is why i made a suggestion to improve the shape/structure/architecture of Ruemon "artifact".

See the link here Link (as on the point 6 of my initial post)

deatheater59 wrote:
Like I have been telling you plenty of times before.Bryan I really like your work and your creative thinking. Some points I would like to make.

Instead of going through all this trouble. Wouldn't it be more useful if Enemies can't enter within a certain set parameter?So the entire bridge could be off limits and than the guards could be placed at the other side where the 2 factions meet. This will potentially end camping and create a more strategic type of RvR. Now feel free to correct me but this is how I feel this could work.  
Thank you!

About your point, i think that invisible walls may create a situation of "gate hopping". It was a common problem inside L2 where people could "hop" on the safe zone before getting killed. Here we may get the same situation if we make invisible walls to enemy factions. Basically there is still a camping situation, because actually the problem is the numbers.

I may have found an idea, in these last 2 days. Was thinking on making a sort of "guard spawning" on the 2 realm spawn zone, where there was 2 melee guards, 2 ranged guards and 2 mage guards for each side that spawn and run on the middle of the Ruemon zone (where you should be to capture). These guards are maxed to the actually cap and are equal to a full equipped character (so this will avoid Overpowered guards and can be killed). The purpose of these guards is to help the outnumbered realm to rebalance.

Ofc these guards does spawn ONLY when the number situation is unbalanced. Example, Dione have 50 people and Eos only 25. In that situation, a script will trigger the count and start to spawn the guards until the situation is balanced (as a pair number or at least with a 5% of difference in numbers).

I took that idea from HoN (Heroes Of Newearth) that i play often when i have free time from everything. It may be usefull..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|