_Synith

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Duel Logging Info

A possible workaround to the current duel logging issue.
Since a moderator deleted my thread, I am going to post again. It seems like GS or GMs are NOT technically inclined enough to deem what is or is not 3rd party software.

A workaround for duel logging would be to put GF inside a virtual machine. It is the same concept as running two computers at the same time. It cannot be deemed 3rd party software as it is a VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT. If you are a GM or GS reading this, please brush up on what a VM is before you go and delete my post. If you are NOT technically inclined, don't delete my post because you THINK it may be 3rd party.

Indeed, VMs are NOT made by AG or X-legend, but so what? If you want to call a VM 3rd party, you may as well call explorer.exe 3rd party software, or Windows itself, or Firefox, or whatever browser you use to access these forums--- 3rd party software. Duel logging is off. A VM provides a fix to this. Enough said.

A user commented on my thread, before it was deleted, stating that sandboxie is 3rd party software. While it is a different piece of software, it seems you all are completely ignorant as to what sandboxie does. It isolates software, meaning if you were to run Firefox within sandboxie, it would keep ALL files, such as cookies, flash data; etc within its own folder. This ensures protection from viruses and malware. I don't see a need to run GF in a sandbox, but it's possible and doesn't fall under the terms of third party software; if it does, they need to rewrite their TOS with people who actually understand advanced technology and different pieces of software.

To those GS' saying it is an exploit: An exploit is a script or something which breaks into the piece of software ITSELF; altering the way it functions. This (my suggestion) is a simple workaround and does not break TOS. It does not alter the way GF functions, rather it allows two instances of GF to run. How's that an exploit? Rolling Eyes

If someone had two computers, lets say two laptops sitting right by them, one could say that is an alternative workaround to the duel logging issue. A virtual environment is NOT an exploit. Please go brush up on new definitions and how it effects GFs TOS.

I am more than willing to hear out a GM or GS who is able to explain to me from a technical standpoint, how a VM is an exploit to GF. Please, entertain me.
Advertisement

lollypopfish

Rank 3
lollypopfish
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:18 pm
Please stop making this thread as it will lead to you being banned. This IS considered breaking the Terms of Service and that's it. You will need to learn this buddy.

Please don't bother replying as I will not reply back.

_Synith

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:20 pm
lollypopfish wrote:
Please stop making this thread as it will lead to you being banned. This IS considered breaking the Terms of Service and that's it. You will need to learn this buddy.

Please don't bother replying as I will not reply back.  

You are not a GM or GS. I don't have to listen to what you have to say, bro.
The GS need to learn a few new things, which is why I keep re-posting this topic as they either lock, or delete it. They simply do not understand what a sandbox or VM is or does; and how it applies to GFs TOS.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:42 pm
Lollypopfish is trying to help you. It's as simple as this--if the GM's LOCK YOUR THREAD multiple times, it obviously isn't up for discussion. Btw, you technically aren't even listening to the GM's nor the GS's, because again, they LOCKED YOUR THREAD.

You'd expect a bit more smarts from someone applying for tags.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:44 pm
Dual clienting was re-added. This thread is therefore irrelevant and without need for further debate.