_Synith

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Duel Logging Info

A possible workaround to the current duel logging issue.
Since a moderator deleted my thread, I am going to post again. It seems like GS or GMs are NOT technically inclined enough to deem what is or is not 3rd party software.

A workaround for duel logging would be to put GF inside a virtual machine. It is the same concept as running two computers at the same time. It cannot be deemed 3rd party software as it is a VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENT. If you are a GM or GS reading this, please brush up on what a VM is before you go and delete my post. If you are NOT technically inclined, don't delete my post because you THINK it may be 3rd party.

Indeed, VMs are NOT made by AG or X-legend, but so what? If you want to call a VM 3rd party, you may as well call explorer.exe 3rd party software, or Windows itself, or Firefox, or whatever browser you use to access these forums--- 3rd party software. Duel logging is off. A VM provides a fix to this. Enough said.

A user commented on my thread, before it was deleted, stating that sandboxie is 3rd party software. While it is a different piece of software, it seems you all are completely ignorant as to what sandboxie does. It isolates software, meaning if you were to run Firefox within sandboxie, it would keep ALL files, such as cookies, flash data; etc within its own folder. This ensures protection from viruses and malware. I don't see a need to run GF in a sandbox, but it's possible and doesn't fall under the terms of third party software; if it does, they need to rewrite their TOS with people who actually understand advanced technology and different pieces of software.

Advertisement

fuzz197

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
fuzz197
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:05 pm
Fact of the matter is. No third party softwares are allowed. Thats in the ToS, its been reinforced multiple times by the GF GM team not to use third party softwares.

_Synith wrote:
It seems like GS or GMs are NOT technically inclined enough to deem what is or is not 3rd party software.  

So the employees of the company who licenses these games aren't technically inclined enough to make such statements? Honestly, you may want to rethink that. I highly doubt that all are GM's are without any sort of technical background. Sooo, not sure where that statements going.

Fact of the matter is. A VM, sandboxie, whatever is a third party system and aren't allowed by the ToS. Break this and you put yourself at risk to the consequences entitled by breaking the ToS.

_Synith

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 10:06 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
Your thread was deleted because you are detailing an exploit and encouraging breaching the ToS. It's that simple  

Dude, it is not an exploit. An exploit is a script or something which breaks into the piece of software itself; altering the way it functions. This (my suggestion) is a simple workaround and does not break TOS. Stop trying to act like a big-shot when you don't know jack about technology.

If someone had two computers, lets say two laptops sitting right by them, one could say that is an alternative workaround to the duel logging issue. A virtual environment is not an exploit. Please go brush up on new definitions and how it effects GFs TOS as you are extremely uneducated.