Anarchist69x wrote:
Bunch of divas now days.  

Clearly Emp needs to log in and straighten everyone up :3

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

rexbrampy

Rank 0
rexbrampy
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:24 pm
Out of curiosity(and ignorance to tech/game laws). I was wondering if Aeria MUST patch stuff that the game developers give them.
Like can't they immidiately ummm UN-PATCH a bad patch and return the state of game to pre-patch status where everything worked?

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 14, 2013 8:38 pm
Each Developer w/ Publisher will have different contracts and things they have to do. I'm not sure however of what the conditions of DK's Relationship is though.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 15, 2013 12:15 am
rexbrampy wrote:
Out of curiosity(and ignorance to tech/game laws). I was wondering if Aeria MUST patch stuff that the game developers give them.
Like can't they immidiately ummm UN-PATCH a bad patch and return the state of game to pre-patch status where everything worked?  

Although what Codux says is very true, In 5 years of playing with Aeria, I have never seen them 'unpatch' a patch. They always have to correspond with the developer, figure out what happened and why it happened, and then fix it from a 'new patch' standpoint.

That being said, Gold rates don't really affect much except the rate at which you can buy potions, and buy enchant items (Weapon and Armor Scrolls). Rune prices and armor prices will merely adjust to the amount of gold people are expected to manage.

But if there are no rune drop rates, with the rate of linkage success, that will seriously affect the game, and the lack of gold supply will also affect new player perception of the game's viability. Also, if the mobs are no longer dropping armor, that is also a big problem, because it reduces the non-gold indirect gold generation and crafting ability derived from selling and dismantling gear (which goes toward potions).