annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Ninja Patches on march 12, 2013

I understand this game is still in Open beta, and things are being worked out. However, this is also the perfect time to review what current players are thinking about this game so changes can be made accordingly.

Drop rate appears to have been lowered SIGNIFICANTLY
Gold drop was supposedly increased, but from what I can tell this has also lowered

No drop from any mob 10 levels or lower
- This I can slightly understand. Just SLIGHTLY. However. Something like this will have a huge impact on the economy without additional content. The impact will mostly be for the worse.

I have to admit the only recent "content" we've received thus far as been RvR guards. :/ It's nice to have, I suppose, and we'll see how it works out. I am pretty diappointed now.
Advertisement

aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedMar 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Ninja Patches on march 12, 2013

annsachd wrote:

Drop rate appears to have been lowered SIGNIFICANTLY
Gold drop was supposedly increased, but from what I can tell this has also lowered

No drop from any mob 10 levels or lower
- This I can slightly understand. Just SLIGHTLY. However. Something like this will have a huge impact on the economy without additional content. The impact will mostly be for the worse.  

Not to mention this is now an even less incentive to hit max level, which is currently level 42. And there are a LOT of them now. Unless the point of this patch is to create an alt character solely for farming or to prevent higher level areas from camping lower level areas.

Also, I think you don't even get gold from mobs 10 levels or lower.

boom2523

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 7:56 pm   Last edited by boom2523 on Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total
well im agree, this system about drop rate sucks, i guess its to avoid the gold farmers that sells gold, but devs are killing pve, why?

1) Level 42 cant farm runes red/yellows (its ok dont get exp, but we need get runes and money :S)
2) This will kill pve for sure and players lvl 42 will be forced to atemp to RvR/CS only and the players will get bored for sure.
3) Players will be forced to make alts and this will kill the game and the guild aswell, why? cause the guilds will have lots of alts :S, DK online need more people to play no 2nd account or chars.

Suggestions:

1) Let emtant mobs drops Runes
2) Lv 42 wont be able to gain exp/money only drop and runes at temple.
3) Instead 10 levels below set 20 levels so highers levels can farm

Ill edit about RvR but wait i heard is buggy and the people get DC

And Agree, i get the DC when the RvR start right now and when RvR ends most of my PT got DC

Another bug.

1) If Diones port to even town you get ported in the eos spawn and can kill everyone.
2) Guards most hits harder and have to get agroo cause like this we still can camp each other.

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 12, 2013 8:36 pm
At the moment the patches are catering for players who have already reached Level 42 or are close to the mark. Thus why Ruemon is a priority (PvP).

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 8:52 pm
This is mostly just repeating what others have said , but I think this is such a critical game design flaw that it needs repeated.

1. My level 42 character is now useless she can no longer support herself let alone actually make any kind of profit to do upgrades. This is just concerning gold; right now in a 4 person party I get about 600 gold per minute at lake this is unacceptable. I am actually losing money this way because of mana potion costs, and these mobs have huge hp/atk vs their lvl 30 counterparts I didn't gain 12000 hp and tons of attack the mobs did though.

2. Now there is only one place I as a level 42 can obtain runes and that is levels 5 and 6 of temple but here's the catch. Because im ~8 levels higher than these mobs the drop and gold rate are reduced substantially not only do I have a verrrry low chance of getting a rune I only get 1/5 of the gold these mobs normally drop.

3. So here I am with this character I have poured tons of hours into trying to enchant her weapon and link runes and for what? Once a new level cap comes out I can go grind on mobs with 20k hp hit for 300 damage and drop 800 gold but take 2 minutes to kill. I can pvp with her but right now pvp is kind of meh and RvR got all kinds of bugged, but ill discuss that in that topic.

4. The only way to make gold or farm runes reliably is to make a level 30ish alt so now what few of us max levels that are still waiting around hoping for something to do will just be farming on our alts while our mains just sit and gather dust. This in no way helped the game it just turned it around from promising if we get some good content and pvp options to; wow this game is already dying.

5. If you are determined to keep this level to gold system than you had better make sure high level mobs drop a ton of gold (600 gold per minute is a joke when a level 30 can now farm 200k+ an hr) and runes because right now after level 45 there wont be anywhere for us to farm runes on our mains.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 12, 2013 9:00 pm
Wait you're saying that the game now has a limit of 10 levels lower than your toon for being farmable? And that drops are scaled to level now?

That's some serious lack of oversight in a game already riddled with potentially fatal problems, and perhaps half thought out solutions to only a few of them!

godofsmoke420

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Bull!

way to piss off the players cant farm gold cant farm runes wat a fail. guess i leave game till this gets fix!

callizer

Rank 0
callizer
PostedMar 12, 2013 11:35 pm
now the best way to farm is:

1. Make an SM alt
2. Level up to 30-35
3. When you reach the level "cap", die over and over again until you reach 0% exp
4. Farm until 99% exp
5. Suicide over and over again until you reach 0% exp
6. Repeat step 4-5

it's hilarious how this is the best end game farming method Laughing

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 12, 2013 11:42 pm
callizer wrote:

1. Make an SM alt
2. Level up to 30-35
3. When you reach the level "cap", die over and over again until you reach 0% exp
4. Farm until 99% exp
6. Repeat step 4-5

Everyone is aware of this by now o.o

But, someone shouldn't need an alt to help support a capped character.

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

callizer

Rank 0
callizer
PostedMar 12, 2013 11:43 pm
annsachd wrote:
callizer wrote:

1. Make an SM alt
2. Level up to 30-35
4. Farm until 99% exp
6. Repeat step 4-5

Everyone is aware of this by now o.o

But, someone shouldn't need an alt to help support a capped character.  

I know, the reason I posted that is just to mock the current system Laughing