filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 12, 2013 12:51 pm

Kill/Death PvP System!

Feedback pl0x!
Since DKonline is a Massively PvP oriented game, that has no PvP besides Castle Siege and RvR that rarely anyone attends (this is not just because of the FPS issue, that's just a lame excuse), I thought about how to improve the PvP System and encourage more PvPers to start PvPing again and decided to post it in public for your feedback.

I will show you the idea in pictures first, then describe it in words.
Note: None of this is official nor are those the exact numbers, these are just examples, so please refrain from bashing or flaming.

This is my idea how the interface may look like:

PvP Ranks and how they may appear in game:

Im out of pictures, so let me describe the idea now.
It is simple, you (or one of your party members) kill another player in a PvP Event (Castle Siege or RvR, PK Mode not included) and the player (and his party) receive one kill for every killed enemy (must get the "kill", most damage on the target).
As you could see above, I posted a picture with PvP Ranks. This is just an example. Basically, once you reach the required kills, you automatically advance to the next Rank and gain (a) Stat Point(s) depending on the Rank. I designed it that the first five ranks are easy to get and players gain one Stat Point from each, after that it is getting tricky. You will require even larger amounts of kill, which will take a while and that is the point of the system, to offer players something to do in their free time.

Based on Kills and Deaths, there should obviously be PvP Rankings on the main DKO Website, and you WILL want to be in the Top30 Twisted Evil

Guilds are not left out ofcourse, I thought about something for kills aswell. Guilds will have their Ranking Page too, based on its members PvP statistics.
Guild Rankings are reset and refreshed every week and Guild Ranking Points will be calculated using this simple formula:

Code:
Guild members total kills in one week - Guild members total deaths in one week = amount of Guild Ranking Points
Example in numbers: 3987 - 628 = 3359 GRP
Guild X's members have acquired 3987 kills and died 628 times in one week and their GRPs for this week are 3359.

This is basically it, please keep this Topic clean and leave your Feedback only. Tell us what you think is good and what you believe is bad in this system and if it should be applied or not.
Thank you for your attention Wink

Eternal - [Website] [Forum Topic]
Advertisement

CGalanger

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 1:27 pm
how would you seperate the guild members who died doing pve from the ones that died during pvp?

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 12, 2013 1:33 pm
CGalanger wrote:
how would you seperate the guild members who died doing pve from the ones that died during pvp?  

Simply, because this is a PvP-based ranking and PvE deaths do not count.

annsachd

Rank 2
annsachd
PostedMar 12, 2013 3:07 pm
This is a nice idea, and it's nice to see something the encourage more PVP.

If I had to vote on a position for of this Badge (should it ever be implemented) I'd say to the right of a character's name.

Something besides flat Stats that could be earned, something a little more indepth and still allow a nice feel of customization for your character.
Earn points for passive skills you can put points into. These skills would be found in a tab:

I would suggest a skill tree with passive buffs. Buffs can be discussed of what they do, how to earn, etc. Just one example, numbers/effect of passive buffs are up for discussion ofc.

- Defense > Lv 1 Def 5% Boost; Lv 2 Def 10% Boost; Lv 3 Def 15% Boost

Also, effect doesn't necessarily have to be percentage based. If flat boosts are preferred it could look something like this:

- Defense > Lv 1 Def +50 Boost; Lv 2 Def +100 Boost; Lv 3 Def +150 Boost

Other possible passive buffs can include:
- Increased Attack Power
- Increased Dodge
- Increased HP
- Increased MP
- Increased Movement Speed

I'm aware I'm not always the best at thoroughly explaining my ideas, so yeah ._.""" Thoughts?

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 12, 2013 3:26 pm
I like the idea of a PvP Rank Skills. Each rank could award the player with special Skill Points to use only on the special PvP Rank Skill tab.

Rewards can be discussed, either Stat Points or the PvP Rank only skills, I like either way.
At the moment I am just trying to see if people share the same opinion about the game currently and would like such a system implemented in the future.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 12, 2013 3:41 pm
It MAY be a good addition, but it need more work than that. First point is that I'm not a fan of ladders.. you do PvP because you like to do them, Sieges, Clan Wars, Ally Wars, Territory Wars, Realm Wars, Open World PvP, ecc.. are all PvP features that don't need a ladder.

Second thing is, i like the idea of the skills, but this need a really balance.. we NEED the debuffs to being fixed, we NEED the debuff stacking being fixed, and more stuff. I already suggested a way to fix all of these problems, and i hope the DEV will take an accurate look at the topics, because right now, how the game is, the feature you want to add wont work and will kill the game.

What other i think, anyway, is that the game don't need at all more graphical stuff. It's ok to have it on the main pannel of your character, but it will make more chaos on the screen whenever there are Title, Name, Clan Name, Clan Crest, Ally Crest.. no need more..

A change into the ranks is a special kind of title for each rank, instead of add more stuff on the screen.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

callizer

Rank 0
callizer
PostedMar 12, 2013 7:50 pm
Do you have to get the kill yourself? What about the full healer SM or support pally? They won't be able to make it to top 30

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 13, 2013 12:06 am
callizer wrote:
Do you have to get the kill yourself? What about the full healer SM or support pally? They won't be able to make it to top 30  

filipvarga wrote:
It is simple, you (or one of your party members) kill another player in a PvP Event (Castle Siege or RvR, PK Mode not included) and the player (and his party) receive one kill for every killed enemy (must get the "kill", most damage on the target).  

EDIT: Most damage on a target should be group/party based, as a Top DPSer could just fight an enemy against another party and still get the kill, because he dealt the most individual damage on the target.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedMar 14, 2013 1:02 pm
Sounds like the exact same system as Cabal Online aside from images. The idea is fine and it's something that does not harm anyone however the symbols should be customized to fit the game setting and also a lot less clunky than the examples you provided.

filipvarga

filipvarga
PostedMar 14, 2013 1:50 pm
I figured that comment would come sooner or later Razz and I totally agree. These are just example images and they are too large. The Developer will most likely create their own unique emblems (if this suggestion ever gets forwarded to the developer) and the size would probably be same as the size of the guild emblem.