Kalibrah

Rank 0
Kalibrah
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:06 am
So, it's not a launcher problem, but the game won't open, not even if you go into the GF folder and start it from the "Grand Fantasia" sprite icon (that opens the game without launchering it), right?

Advertisement

cyrus3331

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:10 am
Kalibrah wrote:
So, it's not a launcher problem, but the game won't open, not even if you go into the GF folder and start it from the "Grand Fantasia" sprite icon (that opens the game without launchering it), right?  

That doesn't launch it either, yeah

Kalibrah

Rank 0
Kalibrah
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:27 am
cyrus3331 wrote:

Well, it happened to me once, but it worked after restarting my computer a couple of times, I switched it off, took off the battery and stuff, and restarted (I have a laptop), but yeah, as I said the game opened after a couple of time restarting my computer... That's weird...

cmartly48

Rank 0
cmartly48
PostedMar 11, 2013 6:06 am
cyrus3331 wrote:
Kalibrah wrote:

Then you'll want to disable UAC. UAC (User Account Control) is used to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. If a program just plain won't open, UAC is usually the culprit.

Open your start menu, type in UAC, and fully shut it off, restart your computer, and try to launch GF again.

cyrus3331

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 7:43 pm
cmartly48 wrote:
cyrus3331 wrote:
Kalibrah wrote:

Then you'll want to disable UAC. UAC (User Account Control) is used to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. If a program just plain won't open, UAC is usually the culprit.

Open your start menu, type in UAC, and fully shut it off, restart your computer, and try to launch GF again.  

UAC has been off this whole time

cyrus3331

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 4:05 am
Anyone have any other suggestions that I could use?

Fenize

Rank 1
Fenize
PostedMar 12, 2013 9:09 am
Did you try both launchers that are in your GF folder? There is a file called Launcher.exe and one called _Launcher.exe.

Often when the first isn't working the second will do.

cyrus3331

Rank 0
PostedMar 12, 2013 8:07 pm
Fenize wrote:
Did you try both launchers that are in your GF folder? There is a file called Launcher.exe and one called _Launcher.exe.

Often when the first isn't working the second will do.  

I tried the other one and it doesn't work either Sad

sIink

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
sIink
PostedMar 12, 2013 8:31 pm
Hi, cyrus~

Please check your inbox. Messaged some things to try.