deadlysin89

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 11:21 pm

Server Population?

How many people in Server?
Hey all, im new to game... and well just wondering how lively is this game. Anyone got any idea what is the server population? i try looking for it but the game does not show any population anywhere. Thank you.
Advertisement

Bioghost20

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 11:23 pm
The game is really active. It's growing in numbers everyday. Pretty much everyone who joined the Open Beta is a lvl 42 now the max cap. And we're all just waiting for the cap to be raised and the game expand more.

Mars.Ultor

Rank 0
Mars.Ultor
PostedMar 10, 2013 11:42 pm
I didn't join in open beta, took me 3 weeks to reach cap. Really fun game try it out.

deadlysin89

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 12:09 am

Thank you

Thank you
Thank you

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 3:26 am
The "active" population is shrinking daily :/ right now there isnt much to do once you reach level cap which takes about a week on a shadow mage if you have 7+ hours a day to spend grinding.

Once you reach level cap the only thing to do is farm gold and attend RvR which has dropped to an all time low attendance.

My playing schedule looks like this currently.

log on for 7 pm pst rvr after work. 30 minutes of mostly sitting around waiting for a push.

afk for next 2 hours 20 minutes.

Go to the 10 pm rvr wait around for 30 minutes still not much going on.

afk for next 2 hours 20 minutes.

Go to the 1 am RvR (or go to sleep) 30 minutes of standing around hoping i get a kill so i can get glory points.

go to sleep.

Castle seiges are sometimes ok pvp, but i cant attend the majority of them since i live in north america and have a job.

When DKO goes to commercial release there needs to be a lot of varied time intensive stuff to do. Otherwise once you reach level cap (make it crazy hard to get to level cap Wink ) its just standing around being bored which means time to find a new game. Increasing the amount of pvp modes would help alot. imho all 35+ areas should be open pk.

deadlysin89

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 11:16 am
well this kind of socks since i was really hoping to enjoy this game and its Castle PvP......!! guess there is no more need for me to lvl up, ill just go and try to look for some other game.

Mars.Ultor

Rank 0
Mars.Ultor
PostedMar 11, 2013 11:36 am
It's not true that the population is shrinking, in fact it's growing daily and the game is running smoothly. Negative nancies will always critique a game in beta as if it's already released.

That being said, RvR and castle siege are both really diverse and dynamic. This game has serious potential, and the GM team is working hard for that kind of change. Relax play and enjoy.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

deadlysin89

Rank 0
PostedMar 11, 2013 11:45 am
ok im going to reach lvl cap and try out the PvP, im really looking forward to it. See u at the top then. Anyone that wants to party and lvl up at beginning stages my character name is DeadlyHeal

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Within the next couple weeks a Ruemon patch will be implemented. I'm sure most of you will find some cool things within the patch. But until now if you have reached the Cap there really isn't much to do. A member of our GS team has reached cap and does tell me that waiting for the Cap raise does get boring at times,so this goes to show you that you aren't the only one that cares. Please be patient and hopefully things will work out.

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 11, 2013 2:38 pm
I can also attest to the depressing state of affairs. I hit 42 about a week into Open Beta, and farmed gold and attended at least 1/2 of the RvR's for about a month. At the moment I'm taking a break from the game though, because there is literally nothing to do until players actually feel like pvping.

-There's no end game boss feel (all bosses feel more like minibosses which only take a very small amount of effort to farm)

-Bosses are not rewarding (farm 400 and you get a weapon from a shop; Isn't quite what you expect from a boss)....

-PVP is purely optional, and people who are not winning, don't like to pvp. (The Staff is adding some measures to protect the losing factions during pvp events, but I doubt that's actually going to affect the outcome nearly as much as they think it will; Players will hide in the guards, and run back to the guards frequently, reducing everyone's overall enjoyment)

-PK is optional. This is good for players who enjoy pve, but it doesn't address the overall lack of pvp or motive to pvp.

-Most players will not admit they are feeling like victims of a bad design when they are losing, and it's leading to players who are losing, blaming the game where the real problem is their decisions in problem solving (don't attend, don't work together, don't plan ahead, ultimately don't feed).

There are supposedly some new pvp options coming with new content; however there's no indications if those additions are merely more of the same, or if they are some new aspect on pvp (like a competitive map). The changes to Ruemon have all been from the approach, "We want to make factions feel equal to encourage participation, but not make it mandatory." It's yet to be seen if they will change that approach.

As for bosses, we need them to be hard, rarer, and not be able to win the game in 1 week! Atm, you can farm 100 bosses a day, and get your weapon in 4 days. That was an oversight in my opinion, because optional pvp + easy and constant bosses = a formula for a very short game lifespan. It's a tolerable aspect, if pvp was well designed. But it's not.