Author Message

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
4849
Location
Whale hunting in Norway
PostedMar 22, 2013 8:47 am   Last edited by iBambi on Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
Superman0X wrote:
I do agree that submitting the same feedback 10 times, without any clear change is not reasonable. Submitting it a few times over the years, because things may have changed... that is reasonable enough.

As for submitting different feedback. Well, if you think it is important that it be heard, submit it. If you don't, then don't submit it. This is really about the submitter, not the response. Whether anything changes or not isn't the issue.. it is whether you feel that an issue merits attention or not.  


The feedback threads bring up valid constructive feedback every single month, giving you guys concrete points of how you can improve. Most players aren't asking for the impossible, yet all the constructive feedback falls on deaf ears.

If you think the company is what's keeping most your players playing their game, then you're way off. Every single player I know well that's been playing GF for quite some time are sticking around because of the community and their friends. Satisfied with friends, sure. Satisfied with Aeria? Lolno.
Advertisement

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10601
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 22, 2013 8:48 am
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

So you are once again ignoring the feedback of someone who played this game for going on 3 years? As well as the many who also play your games and who tell you the exact same thing?  


I actually responded to your feedback,and asked you to take it up with the people involved, the players. You have chosen to define their actions. I think that they might have some opinions on that.

Sure, you can provide feedback to Aeria that their playerbase isn't doing it right, but we don't dictate our players actions. If you want to tell them that they are all wrong, do it yourself... directly. Just because we are not enforcing your opinion of how they should act on them.. doesn't mean we are not listening to feedback.

I think you need to ask this simple question:

Why is your opinion of how people should play the game more important/valid than their opinion of how they should play the game?  
Il tell you what. Lets ask them shall we?

I will make a thread on the shaiya page asking this question with 2 answers.

Do you believe this game is playable without buying AP.

1) Yes

2) No

Shall we see what they say?

I mean this is the question we need answered is it not? If you would be so kind as to add a poll i would appreciate it Smile

A few ingame notices letting people know there is an official poll on this issue would also be appreciated, you know for the people that don't visit the forums too much.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 8:57 am   Last edited by Superman0X on Mar 22, 2013 9:03 am. Edited 1 time in total
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

So you are once again ignoring the feedback of someone who played this game for going on 3 years? As well as the many who also play your games and who tell you the exact same thing?  


I actually responded to your feedback,and asked you to take it up with the people involved, the players. You have chosen to define their actions. I think that they might have some opinions on that.

Sure, you can provide feedback to Aeria that their playerbase isn't doing it right, but we don't dictate our players actions. If you want to tell them that they are all wrong, do it yourself... directly. Just because we are not enforcing your opinion of how they should act on them.. doesn't mean we are not listening to feedback.

I think you need to ask this simple question:

Why is your opinion of how people should play the game more important/valid than their opinion of how they should play the game?  
Il tell you what. Lets ask them shall we?

I will make a thread on the shaiya page asking this question with 2 answers.

Do you believe this game is playable without buying AP.

1) Yes

2) No

Shall we see what they say?

I mean this is the question we need answered is it not? If you would be so kind as to add a poll i would appreciate it Smile

A few ingame notices letting people know there is an official poll on this issue would also be appreciated, you know for the people that don't visit the forums too much.  


Well, you didn't make any statement about what people believe.. You made a statement about what they can do.

So, here is what I suggest. Simply ask each player if they have purchased AP. Count up those that have, and those that have not. Do this for all of the games.. and then you should see the same numbers we do.

Of course, this is basically what I suggested the firs time.. that you should actually talk to the players... rather than trying to dictate their actions.

iBambi wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
I do agree that submitting the same feedback 10 times, without any clear change is not reasonable. Submitting it a few times over the years, because things may have changed... that is reasonable enough.

As for submitting different feedback. Well, if you think it is important that it be heard, submit it. If you don't, then don't submit it. This is really about the submitter, not the response. Whether anything changes or not isn't the issue.. it is whether you feel that an issue merits attention or not.  


The feedback threads bring up valid constructive feedback every single month, giving you guys concrete points of how you can improve. Most players aren't asking for the impossible, yet all the constructive feedback falls on deaf ears.

If you think the company is what's keeping most your players playing their game, then you're way off. Every single player I know well that's been playing GF for quite some time are sticking around because of the community and their friends. Satisfied with friends, sure. Satisfied with Aeria? Lolno.  


I agree that there is a log of good feedback each month. That is why we do the threads.

As for deaf ears, well you can only speak for yourself. Just because you don't listen, doesn't mean that others don't. I personally have seen lots of good feedback, and have said so. I have also seen others saying this as well. If you are not reading the feedback threads, I suggest you do.. they are good reading.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10601
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:01 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Mar 22, 2013 9:04 am. Edited 1 time in total
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

So you are once again ignoring the feedback of someone who played this game for going on 3 years? As well as the many who also play your games and who tell you the exact same thing?  


I actually responded to your feedback,and asked you to take it up with the people involved, the players. You have chosen to define their actions. I think that they might have some opinions on that.

Sure, you can provide feedback to Aeria that their playerbase isn't doing it right, but we don't dictate our players actions. If you want to tell them that they are all wrong, do it yourself... directly. Just because we are not enforcing your opinion of how they should act on them.. doesn't mean we are not listening to feedback.

I think you need to ask this simple question:

Why is your opinion of how people should play the game more important/valid than their opinion of how they should play the game?  
Il tell you what. Lets ask them shall we?

I will make a thread on the shaiya page asking this question with 2 answers.

Do you believe this game is playable without buying AP.

1) Yes

2) No

Shall we see what they say?

I mean this is the question we need answered is it not? If you would be so kind as to add a poll i would appreciate it Smile

A few ingame notices letting people know there is an official poll on this issue would also be appreciated, you know for the people that don't visit the forums too much.  


Well, you didn't make any statement about what people believe.. You made a statement about what they can do.

So, here is what I suggest. Simply ask each player if they have purchased AP. Count up those that have, and those that have not. Do this for all of the games.. and then you should see the same numbers we do.

Of course, this is basically what I suggested the firs time.. that you should actually talk to the players... rather than trying to dictate their actions.  
I have done more than talk to them, i have spent the last 3 years playing with them.

You said that people can do what i have stated as 'not possible' without buying AP. Here i am trying to get the relevant information on that statement. Please add the poll. You claim the games are playable without buying AP, i claim they are not, you question the validity of my sources, so i am asking you to take a poll straight to the source.

There is so much wrong with what you

a) Believe

and

b) Need me to do

That i would need to work with you consistently for about a week to get the information required in the manner you wish.

That said don't you have your own 'feedback poll'? Would it not be worth reading that through again?

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
404
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:01 am
I was going to write a great wall o text supporting Killa on this one but there really is no point basically because GMSuperman only sees things from a monetary business point of view and not a customers point of view....therefore the wall o text is pointless.

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:08 am   Last edited by Superman0X on Mar 22, 2013 9:10 am. Edited 1 time in total
Killa_1112 wrote:
I have done more than talk to them, i have spent the last 3 years playing with them.  


What you have not done is convince them to change. You have come up with a mandate for the masses.. go forth and convince them. You haven't convinced me that I have do it for you.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10601
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:08 am
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:

That said don't you have your own 'feedback poll'? Would it not be worth reading that through again?  


You have come up with a mandate for the masses.. go forth and convince them. You haven't convinced me that I have do it for you.  
Add the poll and see for yourself. The thread is right there, staring you in the face willing to give the the information to prove me wrong. Why will you not poll it?

The masses are right there, right there, i have laid all the groundwork down for you despite the fact i do not even need too, the very fact you have the information already but are asking me to get you more is even more astonishing.

Add the poll, if i am wrong and you are right i will happily hold my hands up and tell you that you were right all along.

I don;t need to convince them of anything Aeria has spent years doing that or me. All i need is a way to put it into a simply format that easy to understand and give a definitive answer.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

Superman0X

GameMaster: USA
Superman0X
Joined
11 Jun 2007
Posts
12163
Location
San Jose United States
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:12 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
I have done more than talk to them, i have spent the last 3 years playing with them.  


What you have not done is convince them to change. You have come up with a mandate for the masses.. go forth and convince them. You haven't convinced me that I have do it for you.  

Add the poll and see for yourself. The thread is right there, staring you in the face willing to give the the information to prove me wrong. Why will you not poll it?  


As I have said.. you have not convinced me that I need to try to convince our players that you are right. I think that they can make up their own minds. Since, you don't, you can take it up with them directly.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Posts
10601
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:16 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Mar 22, 2013 9:24 am. Edited 1 time in total
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Superman0X wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
I have done more than talk to them, i have spent the last 3 years playing with them.  


What you have not done is convince them to change. You have come up with a mandate for the masses.. go forth and convince them. You haven't convinced me that I have do it for you.  

Add the poll and see for yourself. The thread is right there, staring you in the face willing to give the the information to prove me wrong. Why will you not poll it?  


As I have said.. you have convinced me that I need to try to convince our players that you are right. I think that they can make up their own minds. Since, you don't, you can take it up with them directly.  
I have given you a link to a thread asking them exactly what their opinion is and you are sill refusing to do anything with it?

I have put my money where my mouth is, i have jumped through your hoops to try and get you the information you requested, i have set up a thread asking them the question you have told me i do not represent the masses on and still you will not give any leway. Not only that but i am trying to get you it a quickly as possible without fumbling around for weeks doing pointless questioning gathering data on very few individuals despite the fact it is already in plain black and white posted all over the forums for you. I do not need to convince the masses of anything, a poll would show that, but you will not do it.

Simply astonishing.

You don't need to convince them that i am right, you need to convince them that YOU are right.

Right now you have no basis for any argument aside hidden facts, here i am trying to actually get that information that so obviously proves me wrong and you will not go along with it?

Do you realize how shady this looks?

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
4849
Location
Whale hunting in Norway
PostedMar 22, 2013 9:20 am
Superman0X wrote:
I agree that there is a log of good feedback each month. That is why we do the threads.

As for deaf ears, well you can only speak for yourself. Just because you don't listen, doesn't mean that others don't. I personally have seen lots of good feedback, and have said so. I have also seen others saying this as well. If you are not reading the feedback threads, I suggest you do.. they are good reading.  


That sarcasm. <_>

As long as the players don't see a slight improvement, as long as the people actually playing your games can't see a sign of your effort to change anything, is it that weird that we feel like our feedback means nothing to Aeria?

This reminds me of a conversation with the Product Manager for GF while our forum was being flooded with negative comments about how our GM team and PM aren't doing anything.. If there's no results and not a single word from the team that says that they're actually doing something, wouldn't the long period of time between the start of their project and the end where people can finally can see result seem like abandonment to most players? While the team was actually working on improvements, a lot of players chose to leave the game thinking it won't ever improve. By the time it did, they were fully settled into new games and even the improvements they wanted weren't enough to pull them back. If you say you're working on improvements, prove it. Show the players you're actually doing something, instead of just saying it. With how Aeria have been running, you guys lost the luxury of words only.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: