GuardianSkye

Rank 0
GuardianSkye
PostedMar 10, 2013 1:32 pm
Go to Softnyx, and throw your ideas into their faces. Softnyx has much more control over Wolfteam. The disable-ap function won't work, don't even bring it up to them again, they won't consider it. The closing the gaps between AP and Free User items is the one that'll hit, out of the four you mentioned. If you really are demanding change, without taking no for an answer, then let Softnyx hear your voice, your ideas.

Advertisement

xXZero4000Xx

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 1:36 pm
Im not mad at the users, Im infuriated with the attitude that Aeria Games have.

They think what they have is perfect. They don't listen or care what anyone thinks. Democracy? I think not. They listen to nothing that doesn't make them money. I respect your views and input, it's clear that action needs to be taken. I am sorry to those of you who have made transactions with Aeria Games, and not getting to use them after next month.

Should Aeria Games change their ways perhaps everyone will once again get to enjoy their games. I am sorry this could not be met on Peaceful terms and that it must result in action.

Good day Gamers and stay strong!

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedMar 10, 2013 1:58 pm
This thread has my PenitusVox seal of approval.

Gooday.

oronen55

Rank 0
PostedMar 10, 2013 2:10 pm
u were able to say what i tried just without cursing. gg for u

though i never liked people who said " tnx the ap users" without this game it wouldnt be free... they are making more then enough from softnyx + they got enough money just by selling the regular stuff like the basics prestige and majestic and the world war set and the uae set and stuff like that... + this thread will be deleted soon im suprised it didnt

ImpalementOne

Rank 3
ImpalementOne
PostedMar 10, 2013 3:28 pm
xXZero4000Xx wrote:
mrameez786 wrote:
Wishful thinking, you never know it might happen one day.  

Wishful thinking is the birth parent to Inventions. Perhaps it will.  

stop double posting and power posting, there is an edit button u know, aeria cant change how the game is, they just host it, softnyx makes all the major changes

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedMar 11, 2013 11:05 am

Re: Aeria Games greedy pigs?

A topic for educated discussions.
xXZero4000Xx wrote:

In real life, a tank is set to fight a infantry man with an M-16. The battle begins and the infantry man empties his clip into the tank. The tank run the man over. End of fight. The tank driver then proceeds to say he is the best in this world, and no infantry man will ever beat him.

What's wrong with that?

Your opinion counts and it is respected as such. I understand your point, but it would be stupid enough for the General in command to send a Man with M-16 to fight against a Tank. That in real life Sir will never happen. When you are in a War either you surrender or no-retreat (fight) against your enemies. In real life perspective, don't expect your enemies to have the same caliber weapons you have...they might have better guns or worse guns then you. Same applies to every single games we play everywhere.

I understand items in Wolfteam are Overpowered and unbalanced for those who cannot afford them, but you simple have the choice to either face those who use them or not. You will have the chance to participate in our FG events on Sundays if you want to play non-AP/WC items game matches with us (GSs). You can also participate on Playing Time events and earn the prizes given...because those are the same items the majority of players you face lately would have (Hence this past weekend SE char and ESTR items).

Lastly, understand Aeria Games is a business and in order for the business to run, it has to make a profit based on the revenues generated from its hosting games. We support those games when we purchase AP..otherwise everything would be useless if no profit is made and games would be unplayable (closed).

GMPaladin

Rank 4
GMPaladin
PostedMar 11, 2013 12:00 pm
xXZero4000Xx wrote:
Hello gaming community. Today I am here to get some answers, hold an educated argument, and hopefully prove a point. No this isn't another topic for complaining about AP users and Free users.  

I'm up for a good debate anytime, but hopefully not an argument. I'll have to hold you to your word that this won't be a topic about complaining about AP/free users.

xXZero4000Xx wrote:
In real life, a tank is set to fight a infantry man with an M-16. The battle begins and the infantry man empties his clip into the tank. The tank run the man over. End of fight. The tank driver then proceeds to say he is the best in this world, and no infantry man will ever beat him.  

Interesting metaphor. Why would you fight a tank with only a M-16? Why would the man stand there and let the tank run him over? Did the man not bring any grenades? What type of tank was it? Did a guy with a RPG show up and show the tank driver what-for afterwards for squishing his buddy? So many questions!

xXZero4000Xx wrote:
What's wrong with that? Obviously a person is not going to defeat a tank without explosives. Common sense tells us this much. The same concept goes for Free users VS. Ap users. A free users only hope is to head shot them, which with their char speed and jump boost makes it impossible, or come from behind and gun them down. Face to face AP will win every time.  

Never minding that you can beat a tank without explosives, it can be definitively stated that in general, players who have purchased Aeria Points and spent them on in-game items perform better than those who have not. This differs of course with how much they have spent, and what they have spent them on, and how skilled either player is.

xXZero4000Xx wrote:
Aeria Games NEEDS AP users to support themselves and keep the servers running. Any fool who says different is just that, a Fool. But Aeria Games have no concern to their gaming community. Money is going into their pockets so they don't care what their users think. Instead of separating the AP from the FREE and making everyone happy while still having an income to support their servers, they choose to ignore post like these (or delete them all together) and never bat an eye on it again.  

Yes we do in fact need AP users. Otherwise the game wouldn't exist and I wouldn't be here to type out this delightfully witty response. However I must disagree that we "have no concern to" our gaming community. If we didn't care, we wouldn't have a customer service team, a customer relations team, free AP reward events, feedback polls, surveys, etc.

Now regarding "separating the AP from the FREE" this is a bit trickier than it sounds. You see, the biggest spenders only make up a fraction of the total player base. So if you really split it, you'd end up with a small bunch of big spenders on a ghost server and a large amount of non-spenders on another. Sounds awesome until you realize that those big spenders are gonna get awfully bored killing each other over and over again and want to play with other people (their friends and guild mates maybe? Very Happy). But there's a problem, if they play on the other server, they can't spend and the other guys certainly don't want to spend money to play on the server with smaller population (or don't want to spend at all anyway). So then... everybody stops spending cause there's no reason to anymore! Then the game gets shutdown and no one is playing anymore either Sad

xXZero4000Xx wrote:
So i'm asking what is it? Is Aeria Games nothing but greedy pigs and are only here for the money? Or are they just a bunch of cold hearted geeks sitting around their PC? Either way Aeria Games have ignored this issue time and time again. Left free Users to twist in the wind, while kissing the *** of the AP users request. So anyway you want to look at this Aeria Games is neglecting to aid the needs of it's gaming community, and instead puts all their power into how can we make more money.  

We'll we're certainly not greedy pigs or "cold hearted geeks" on our PCs. My heart is fairly warm and while I've heard someone snort like a pig, I've yet to see a curly tail on anyone. If you have a particular suggestion (besides simply splitting the servers between spenders and non-spenders) I'm sure the team would like to hear it and pass it on to the developers.

xXZero4000Xx wrote:
Are you related to wall street by any chance? If not you two would fit in very well. **ck the tax payers and more for my wallet. Im not going away Aeria Games, and your done neglecting the "Free Users". What I cannot do the power of the press will.  

I'm pretty sure Wall Street doesn't let you play for free like we do. Very Happy Feel free to stick around, I do enjoy witty banter.

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedMar 12, 2013 2:02 am
@ OP

It would appear to me that you suffer from the frustration common to those who play F2P online games without actually understanding how the business model works. First, Aeria games has never presented themselves as anything other than what they are: a business that provides games free to those who do not want to spend money with a cash shop for those who do wish to spend money. The reason this business model works is because those who do choose to spend tend to spend quite a bit more than what a player would spend for a monthly subscription to a P2P game.

Do most players pay more in free-to-play games than they might while playing subscription games? I would like to clarify once again and say that exact numbers are never, or very rarely, going to be released. I will simply refer to one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite publishers: "You'd be lucky to break double-digits." This means that a developer would be lucky to see a double-digit percentage of players who spend money in the cash shop. I've heard this same basic thing from almost every developer I have asked

This doesn't mean that the minority of players paying into the system aren't paying a lot. Generally the minority pays for the majority by spending large amounts and possibly moving on, burning out, or continuing to play until the next shiny item appears in the cash shop. I have been told by certain developers that some players will even pay in the thousands for cash-shop items, especially in games that allow the trade of cash-shop items for in-game currency.  

Taken from an article here

So yes, Aeria, like any business, is in it for the money. They are not a charity, and have never claimed to be anything but a business.

The disparity between spenders and non-spenders is not an accident. This disparity is what drives sales. Players A gets killed by Player B. Player A sees that Player B has cash shop items that make him more powerful. Player A is now more likely to spend money to get those same items. Using your analogy, Player A gets run over by Player B's tank, so Player A now considers buying his own tank.
Does this mean that AGE does not value the F2P players? Absolutely not. Aeria does value the F2P community. Free players and casual/occcassional spenders are an important part of the game. Without the free players, the spenders would not have anybody to kill. F2P publishers allow people to play for free so that those who do spend money have a reason to do so.

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedMar 12, 2013 2:15 am
103rd wrote:
Anonymous is with you zero. We have agreed to take on this project. As of last night midnight hacks were released for "WolfTeam". It took 3 hours to break, sad really. I feel your pain of your voice not being heard and would like to personally offer you my thanks for sticking in it.

- LONG LIVE THE ANON!  

Hello there, NewFriend.

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMar 12, 2013 2:32 am
Sorry, I've only brushed through this topic, and I'm just gonna give my two cents. Aeria Games is a company. Despite their performance before, something changed blah blah blah, they lost their users. Understand that while they have their cons, they are a company. They need money.

Reply if you want, I really do not care, nor will I reply back.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii