C & C?

Comments and Criticism

Advertisement

uberfearr

Rank 3
uberfearr
PostedMar 10, 2013 1:17 am
Well hello der. I haven't seen you here before :o

The first one I'm not a huge fan of. Seems just like the render is on top of a C4D - really simple. The reds - at least on my screen - don't match and it's distracting for me. I think adding a bit more detail to it and correcting the colors some could look much better, as well as creating some depth that this tag definitely has the potential for.

I like the second one a lot more. While this one is simple, it works much better than the first one in being so. I wouldn't change much about this one, except perhaps the placement of the text. It's a bit distracting, because while it's placed on a dark shadow and theoretically should look good there, it is also on some of his face, even though you technically can't see his face in that part. On a funny note, it looks like he's trying to look down to see what on Earth is stuck to his cheek :P

Overall though, these are good and I'm glad to see it's not just cropped images with some effects, a texture and fancy text added to it.

GuardianSkye

Rank 0
GuardianSkye
PostedMar 11, 2013 3:31 pm
Thanks for the feedback. I made new ones, C and C them up? :3

/new style

uberfearr

Rank 3
uberfearr
PostedMar 11, 2013 7:18 pm
Well I'm bored so I'll go again xD (wish I wasn't the only person C&Cing here -.- lol)

1st: Biggest problem for me is that the render looks grainy and washed out. The light at the top is a little over exposed, toning that down just a little would be less distracting. I'm not sure what's going on at the bottom near the ear, it looks like it was brushed with black? IMO, it doesn't match the sig and looks murky. I think it would have been better if you used a blue in place of the black there, like the blue-ish purple that's at the top left or in 'Skye', and played with the Blending modes a bit. Overall, I like the colors and the placement of the text.

2nd: My least favorite. It looks busy and the text is placed too weird for me. For such a large quote, having the render in the center wasn't a good idea just because it begins to look cramped. I think the colors clash too. The Magenta-Redish colors of the outer parts of the sig don't look great with the darker blood red color on the render.

3rd: Mah favorite. I really like the colors and the effects are pretty nice. If I get really picky then my only issue would be the bottom right corner, it's kinda blank and a lot more of that off-white/yellow color than you see in the rest of the sig. But otherwise, I think this is the best one ^^

P.S. What program are you using?

Edit: I'm not sure if you're already familiar, but following the rule of thirds is a pretty foolproof way to position images/text to maximize the aesthetics. A lot of artwork follows this guideline; it's pretty nifty ^^

Ninniachel

Rank 3
Ninniachel
PostedMar 11, 2013 8:27 pm
I would critique but im still learning myself