Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedMar 07, 2013 6:20 pm
As others have said guards near the middle are bad and their will be ppl just standing inside the safe zone taunting the other faction. Another thing to consider is this; lets say i'm near the opposite faction's spawn and they push out since my safe zone is far away and the general mind set in this game is i don't want to feed bp to the opposite faction im just going to run into their guards (suicide) so they get no bp.

fun~ :/
Advertisement

blackdragon214

Rank 1
blackdragon214
PostedMar 07, 2013 6:34 pm
what if getting killed by a guard sends you to prison for a few minutes

anyway ewww around the guards being so close to middle

Try looking into that place where you dare not look! You will find me there, staring out at you!

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 07, 2013 7:40 pm
blackdragon214 wrote:
what if getting killed by a guard sends you to prison for a few minutes

anyway ewww around the guards being so close to middle  

Actually creating a longer spawn time due to guard death, or prison, might help lower the amount of people willing to suicide in order to save themselves from giving BP to the other faction. And yes, I do see people going kamikaze with guards to prevent from giving BP.

Like an EMP "go play Solitaire it requires no skill or emotion to play"

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedMar 07, 2013 8:55 pm
Eos Guards look cooler.

smileybee

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
smileybee
PostedMar 07, 2013 9:13 pm
coduxs wrote:
Eos Guards look cooler.  

we haz better lighting and unibrows kk

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 08, 2013 12:41 am
I say, more rewards for staying in the middle and 2 more stairs.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

aminru

Rank 2
aminru
PostedMar 08, 2013 1:04 am
The distance between the two guardposts are easily over 100m in length. ...That's a really huge safe zone.

In any case, I don't think this is a good idea, simply because *Phoenix Wright desk slam* THOSE GUARDS DON'T HAVE NAMES!!!

Even Ruemon Guards do not like being generic, Ebilfish! Can't we give them a name like Joe or Dude? Or CoduxJr?

Okay, seriously. Who knows, maybe something good might happen. Maaaaaaybe.

Ah, right. No one else mentioned this, but, um... What about the possibility of being able to log/chara select out in Ruemon before RvR, log/chara select back in, and still be in the same spot during RvR? Anything on that? ...Well, no rush.

This is off topic, but sometimes when navigating the forums, I experience massive loading times, sometimes even resulting in some error page. This only happens when navigating AGE's forums, nowhere else. ...It's not my connection, is it? I should've saved the error page, but...

juriezzamora

Rank 0
juriezzamora
PostedMar 08, 2013 1:25 am
Buuuut...people will never run out of ways to camp.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 08, 2013 6:52 am
aminru wrote:
This is off topic, but sometimes when navigating the forums, I experience massive loading times, sometimes even resulting in some error page. This only happens when navigating AGE's forums, nowhere else. ...It's not my connection, is it? I should've saved the error page, but...  

I experience the same when refreshing 5-6 AGE Pages at a time to track new replies. It happens rarely though.

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 08, 2013 10:33 am
aminru wrote:

This is only speculation, but I think the Website's Engine is on one of the game servers. Over the last 5 years, Website crashes have often corresponded with Shaiya Game crashes. It's also happened a couple times with DKO. My guess is the account login feature of the website has something to do with it.

Some indication of this: AVG Anti-virus flags your Login program for some Aeria games as a trojan, and tries to remove it. If you allow the AVG to remove those programs, the Flash on the website stops working correctly. But the file is named something like, "ShaiyaUpdater.exe" (or in DKO's case, DKO). The fact that part of the game's process gets flagged as a trojan, implies that the login feature/update feature "acts like a trojan;" It tries to access data on your computer, and relay information back to the game app plugin, or website. What this means is, Aeria is probably not lying when they say, "We can see every program you are running."

Aeria Ignite is another possibility. Ignite is a bridging program that both interferes with game and website performance. I have guildies who actually were instructed by Tactics on how to completely remove Ignite from their files, because The Best Buy Geek Squad fingered Ignite as a program that can corrupt her system. While my experience is not the same, I can safely say, Ignite on any OS before Windows 7, Does seem to have conflicts, and even on Windows 7 occasionally it slows processes down.

I'll say this as well:
I don't know too many companies other than Aeria that have a program or game selection as Diverse as Aeria. The ones that do, don't seem to use these plugins. Ignite loads every game from Aeria you ever download! (I have Shaiya FR, Shaiya EN, Shaiya PX, DKO, Scarlet Blade, Eden Eternal). Generally speaking, the more complex a program is, the more rife with bugs it will be. And Aeria's is VERY complex.

One last thing: Aeria's typical strategy for hosting a game, is taking a poorly designed game, and helping the developers adapt it to an American/European Market. The only real exception to this norm as of yet that I have seen is probably Scarlet Blade (they may be moving beyond the point of revamping games). LC, Shaiya, and most of their other games, were all general failures in marketing in Korea (They didn't sell anywhere near their Aeria Potential in the country they were released; keep in mind there is a difference between player outlook of the game, and market failure/success). One failure of a game, might be very long code, with extra programming, or having a much older game engine. I could hypothesize that having longer code, or an older game engine, probably lags their processes.