gmebilfish

GameMaster: USA
gmebilfish
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:41 pm   Last edited by gmebilfish on Mar 12, 2013 5:34 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Meet the Ruemon Guards

Hey folks!

Thought I share some images on our upcoming patch that contain one of the changes to Ruemon.

Introducing the Ruemon Guards!

Eos Guarding the Bridge Entrance

Dione Guarding the Bridge Entrance

Eos Bridge.
Guards posted at each end of the bridge.

Dione Bridge
Guards posted at each end of the bridge.

Careful running into the opposite realm spawn point. The Guards are aim to shoot.

I know I tried. Fun trying to see how far I can get across. hahah

Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:53 pm

No more camping! Twisted Evil

Burned - [Website][Forum Topic]

crimsonlily46

Rank 1
crimsonlily46
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:53 pm
I can't wait for the new spawns, so we can get into action faster/less camping. Anyway, few questions about the guards if you don't mind..

What is the range for them to attack you? 15 meters like sorc/sm range?
Is it instant kill or they just do insane high damage?

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:55 pm
Nnnnnnnnnnice... that is a good thing, like that!

And.. one question: News about the restyle of the architecture i suggested and as Ebil said has been taken in consideration?

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

MPure

Rank 1
MPure
PostedMar 07, 2013 3:56 pm
Honestly only the first set of guards near the town is needed to prevent camping.

The set so close to the middle I feel will make Ruemon worse as already explained in the blog.

It's so close to the middle, players will bait the other faction to the guards, and PVP in DKO has a lot of retreating and kiting. And as for eos' case, they can even heal from the safety of the guards to pretty much the bottom of the steps.

We will see how it goes, but it's a big thumbs down from me at the moment. Don't take it the wrong way, just voicing concern.

Guards near the villages - good
Guards near the middle - bad

This is coming from someone who does not spawn camp. Smile

MissChief

Rank 5
MissChief
PostedMar 07, 2013 4:00 pm
Cool! I noticed they were archer class o.O

<a></a>

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMar 07, 2013 4:04 pm
I agree. If guards are not posted at the entrance to the ramps, camping will still exist BEHIND the guards at the beginning of the zone. And such zone is important, because not everyone shows up for ruemon on time, or stands where they are supposed to to get "teleported" to the spawn area within Ruemon. Eos will camp Dione at Holland's entrance, and Dione will camp Eos at Eos's entrance.

Also, I agree about the Luring to guards. With the spawn points this close to the middle, kills are going to be dismal because the run from pvp to safety is so short. 90% of the time a losing faction loses, it's because 3/4 of their attendees run before the pvp even starts, leaving the other fourth as fodder. With spawn points where they are, it'll probably reduce the stragglers to 1/8th or worse.

I'm also confused as to why they are ranged. More players are going to die to guards than are to other players....

TreishaSempai

Rank 4
TreishaSempai
PostedMar 07, 2013 4:08 pm
Glad to see my random idea of camp guards wasn't totally far-fetched before! o3o I'm not going to voice any concerns or negativity just yet until we see them in action, so I hope this change will be a great one

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedMar 07, 2013 5:19 pm
This will be sure to decrease campers. I like this patch!

Have a nice day
[GS]Phoenix

annsachd

Rank 1
annsachd
PostedMar 07, 2013 6:04 pm
filipvarga wrote:

No more camping! Twisted Evil  

Inb4 mid bridge becomes the new edge of the bridge

MPure wrote:
Honestly only the first set of guards near the town is needed to prevent camping.

The set so close to the middle I feel will make Ruemon worse as already explained in the blog.

It's so close to the middle, players will bait the other faction to the guards, and PVP in DKO has a lot of retreating and kiting. And as for eos' case, they can even heal from the safety of the guards to pretty much the bottom of the steps.

We will see how it goes, but it's a big thumbs down from me at the moment. Don't take it the wrong way, just voicing concern.

Guards near the villages - good
Guards near the middle - bad

This is coming from someone who does not spawn camp. Smile  

+1