Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedMar 13, 2013 8:00 am
Pagans/mages are role players first in pvp. Nobody likes to spend $$$ to be role players. That's why they died out.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!
Advertisement

forum_account

Rank 2
PostedMar 13, 2013 8:05 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Elite, pagans and mages do hit hard, i agree with that but you said that warriors are meant to hit the hardest.Thats where you are wrong.Pagans should be squishy(which they are) and a cannon glass(which they are most certianly not).You are talking about canta now.Check endgame, yes mages hit hard there if max ojed and linked but they are the weakest by far.

I'm not a pag and i think pags and sins should get big boosts to even them out with other classes.  

maybe give them better skills in Endgame then but in canta they perfectly fine i know some sins that can take on good fighters and same with pags/mage/ battle priests/orcs

MITSUNARI44

Rank 1
MITSUNARI44
PostedMar 13, 2013 10:37 am
forum_account wrote:

they going "extinct" cause they a squishy class which is what they ment to be and ppl hate being squishy but its the ppl that QQ about the class they want to be powerful + be able to tank a raid at the same time which wont ever happen because they not ment to do that hence ppl play toons where they can be in the middle of pvp and take huge hits  

Pag/Mage main issues is NOT the lack the Defense .. and we are NOT asking for more defense Exclamation

The class is meant to be a Glass Cannon ... atm .. We are definitely far away from being called a Glass Cannon .. just look at the end game pvp how many Pag/Mage u see outhere ? let me help u a bit [ taken from February 80 Top PvPer ]

3visuu wrote:

pagan : rarely see any in 80

trafikklubb wrote:

Pagan:  

b3def wrote:

Pagan : Don't really see Pagans Sad  

laurenfolkes2 wrote:

Mage : what's that?  

VaLeriaki wrote:

Pagan : --  

At the same time if u looked at other class u wl see Huge list of names Confused This is far far away from The word Balance ....

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
PostedMar 13, 2013 10:41 am
forum_account wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:
Elite, pagans and mages do hit hard, i agree with that but you said that warriors are meant to hit the hardest.Thats where you are wrong.Pagans should be squishy(which they are) and a cannon glass(which they are most certianly not).You are talking about canta now.Check endgame, yes mages hit hard there if max ojed and linked but they are the weakest by far.

I'm not a pag and i think pags and sins should get big boosts to even them out with other classes.  

maybe give them better skills in Endgame then but in canta they perfectly fine i know some sins that can take on good fighters and same with pags/mage/ battle priests/orcs  

Yeah and that sins have 3-4 max ojs/max links and max enchants and they can take on ''good'' fighter.The point is if you have the same gear you should be able to take down your opponent with ur better skill in playing.Not that you must build maxed out set to kill ''good'' players.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedMar 13, 2013 10:59 am
DarkSakimaru wrote:
forum_account wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

Yeah and that sins have 3-4 max ojs/max links and max enchants and they can take on ''good'' fighter.The point is if you have the same gear you should be able to take down your opponent with ur better skill in playing.Not that you must build maxed out set to kill ''good'' players.  

Aye though I think he is refering to 20-30 sins which is slightly different, sins hit issues in 80 pvp, they aren't so bad imo before that,

all they really need is a weapon that is similar in speed/atk as a jav or 2h or spear or 1h blunt in 80 pvp then they'd be alright.

that's what has helped hunter so much they are still pretty squishy and have less HP than a guard/warr, but that is counteracted by "some" range advantages and hitting hard with even basic auto attacks.

7_deadly_sins_7

Rank 4
7_deadly_sins_7
PostedMar 13, 2013 12:03 pm
forum_account wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

elite, compare the gear of a sin and ranger to fighter/war having a sin in canta is like playing a war in heroic gear vs everyone in dread

ya i can kill some fighters very easily but by far the class needs some rework for skills on there

one big thing would either be decrease slasher time or increase deadly strike

and sins do need rework very badly even in canta, when i ran 700 dex i was having more problems with people when they had 500 or so.....ive lowered my dex and it works better now but ya something needs to be fixed.....

corky420

Rank 2
corky420
PostedMar 13, 2013 1:42 pm
DarkSakimaru wrote:

+1 no doubt we need some cool.down reductions and resist buff changed to magic att along with ele2 skills for endgame as far as lower lvl well all lvls should have base weap att increase. And an item for our shield slot same for sins.

7_deadly_sins_7

Rank 4
7_deadly_sins_7
PostedMar 13, 2013 1:48 pm
corky420 wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

+1 no doubt we need some cool.down reductions and resist buff changed to magic att along with ele2 skills for endgame as far as lower lvl well all lvls should have base weap att increase. And an item for our shield slot same for sins.  

would be fun if they allowed sins to use 2 claw with 2 different eles Razz

Micheal20

Rank 2
PostedMar 13, 2013 3:18 pm
Ill just post here again even tho i posted in every one of these threads already;
Mages need help in 80 pvp.

Damage - Yes i hit extremely hard (9-10.5k right ele) but warrs hit harder, and uber maxed warrs can charge a whole freakin raid and not die with zero dispels or heals ,while if i get 2 uber warrs on me at once im dead.
Resist - With Arcane Protector , being that resist cancels 2x magic attack points per 1 point of resist, damage is reduced to 5-7.5k right ele. No good. In fact - that sucks. I pray that the enemy raid has no pagans or im basically reduced to an AR stun bot.
Ele II They say its a problem - honestly main attack is magic arrow so wtvr

Fix Make resist cancel only 1 point of magic attack - that would increase the regular damage making mages the extremely dangerous glass cannons they are supposed to be - and not being totally useless even with Arcane Protector buffed, but ofc still being extremely squishy like they are supposed to be.
An unpottable stun to counter this a bit at least in 1v1 skirmishes would be amazingly nice (like earth shock if it was unpottable) - still leaving them vulnerable to being ganged.
^^ Not my solution - its been suggested by a few before and playing a mage in 80 pvp i agree that this would probably be the best solution.

Chan375

Rank 3
Chan375
PostedMar 13, 2013 3:39 pm
I still think "fix resist"= a band-aid for the problem ... lets patch a huge dam with a bit of bubble gum... it won't work, will do damage in some areas, but who cares, it might look pretty and make people think we are listening.

Personally I don't think caster in canta need a huge boost, they match wars in damage... I am an orc in canta, I have 800+ def and 800+ resist (my def and resist are within 30 points of each other). uber fighters and uber mages hit me about the same, (around 2-2.5k neutral) However, only the mage has AR skill which can really turn the tide of a battle even though they may not like being expected to spam it all the time, it is a skill they have and it really does make a huge impact allowed a single class to make such an impact in pvp they have to be targeted first, even if they are otherwise non-threat nubs. I do think it makes sense for them to have ele 2 skills however.

At endgame level though, casters do need a huge boost, I could even see giving the ele 3 skills (they are supposed to be master of elemental magics...as well as modifying gear and weapons and skills to make them the damage dealer they should be. That doesn't mean use a band-aid and fix a fundamental mechanic of the game, rather, adjust the class that is the problem and make it what it should be.

Right now I love canta because it is a zone where I can be what I feel a healer is supposed to be. I actually cast heals and watch these little red lines in my party jump up so much I actually save lives with my heals... people still die of course, it's pvp, they die fast even, but my heals save them a lot. Every class in canta can actually fill the roll it is meant to do (or varied jobs depending on build) some maybe need some tweaking... dex formula seems to be a mess... but overall balance is closer to right there then anywhere else in the game. I don't want to see balance changes done with an overly sweeping brush that fixes one zone destroying another.