Author Message

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
Joined
17 May 2008
Posts
8328
Location
Whitstable United Kingdom
PostedMar 11, 2013 1:05 am
MadKeen3 wrote:
LoDebar is right. Archers are the most nerfed class in the game.
How does a Archer compete with the following from a fighter / warrior.
Eagle Eye
Charge - has the same range as Archer. Can't stop it. Cant stun them before it is activated.
Deadly Strike
Black Hole - which means you cant pot or run at this time.
WindSpin
Enhanced Windspin
If you are left standing, which you will not, then you get a turn to reply.

Fighters/Warriors have no cast time on any skills.
Charge for example would be a prime candidate for have a 1.5 cast time and a longer cool down time.  


Being worse than 1 class doesn't make you most nerfed, it makes you second least nerfed Smile

Hunters destroy rangers, mages, defs and priests, and tbh they ruin a fair proportion of fighters, hunters have enough HP to survive all you listed above, its only when 3-4 fighters do it together and hit consistenly not wrong ele that the hunter will have issues, Hunters also have the added advantage of receiving the benefit of IS without the downside to reap havoc

Advertisement

Esmerise

Rank 4
Esmerise
Joined
17 Dec 2009
Posts
2142
Location
United Kingdom
PostedMar 11, 2013 2:51 am
Look at my post count. You can check this for yourself, over half of those are discussing class balance, mainly focusing on upgrades to Mage/Pagan. I tried, I outlived 4 PM's in this game and none of them could do anything to improve things. Sad to say you are probably, no, definitely stuck with what you have. Go play another game if you want class balance, Shaiya is clearly intended to be imba.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
Joined
10 Sep 2008
Posts
15073
Location
Balegem, flemish region Belgium
PostedMar 11, 2013 4:51 am
you're asking for a patch to "solve" the class imbalance problem ingame ?

That's what has been asked for 4 years, i still remember the discussions early 2009 to look into it. since then, many GM's and PM's came and went, the development staff has changed their name twice and has changed from parent company.

just give it up. i have put many energy into this subject, like a lot other people, but what's the deficit ?

a worse imbalance.

signature of xybolt

CreamKerouac

Rank 1
CreamKerouac
Joined
02 Dec 2012
Posts
326
Location
Lebanon
PostedMar 11, 2013 8:33 am
I'm not asking for a solution or for a new patch, I'm asking for an answer. Trust me I've done my homework and have gone over so many of your posts about the topic (Avyn, Loiske, and Esme), which is why when it was announced several times by both a GM and a PM that a solution was in the making, I thought hey they finally listened. However, it has been a few months and the class that benifitted most from the recent enchant rescale is Fighter/Warrior. If rangers and mages don't see an improvement I'll just quit playing entirely when I get bored of my canta mage.

triti

Rank 3
triti
Joined
11 Dec 2008
Posts
1101
Location
In the world of dreams Iceland
PostedMar 11, 2013 12:57 pm
CreamKerouac wrote:
I'm not asking for a solution or for a new patch, I'm asking for an answer. Trust me I've done my homework and have gone over so many of your posts about the topic (Avyn, Loiske, and Esme), which is why when it was announced several times by both a GM and a PM that a solution was in the making, I thought hey they finally listened. However, it has been a few months and the class that benifitted most from the recent enchant rescale is Fighter/Warrior. If rangers and mages don't see an improvement I'll just quit playing entirely when I get bored of my canta mage.  


Got the plan already why the question ?

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8426
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedMar 11, 2013 1:32 pm
DarkSakimaru wrote:
LoDebar wrote:
Who said anything about PvP?

Which class is the least desirable to have in a party? And why are they the least desirable to have in a party? Enough said.  

Because they have 2 aoes?

Archers are the hardest hitting class in game atm.No they are not the best in PVE(except for boss runs) but they are in PvP.You say you are weak?Try fighting a fighter with same gear as you.Don't say they are the most nerfed class just because your archer isn't strong.Every class is weak with no gear.

The real classes that need help are mage/pag and ranger/sin.  


If I ever get the need to play hunter again, I'll probably go back to my Jav/Bow build. Then I'll have 4 Aoes. Eh ..... maybe not.... dunno. Reason I moved away from it was because I was using a build for spamming Toxin for rotco mobs (I used to get nearly every rotco mob at linked events, purely because I had Arrow Bombing, and Wide shot in addition to all my jav skills).

Also, solo PVE they are sometimes better than warriors on grinding. They may typically kill one at a time, but they don't have pulling lags, and the overall damage per second is higher.

DarkSakimaru

Rank 4
DarkSakimaru
Joined
03 Dec 2007
Posts
2830
Location
Croatia
PostedMar 11, 2013 2:16 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:
LoDebar wrote:
Who said anything about PvP?

Which class is the least desirable to have in a party? And why are they the least desirable to have in a party? Enough said.  

Because they have 2 aoes?

Archers are the hardest hitting class in game atm.No they are not the best in PVE(except for boss runs) but they are in PvP.You say you are weak?Try fighting a fighter with same gear as you.Don't say they are the most nerfed class just because your archer isn't strong.Every class is weak with no gear.

The real classes that need help are mage/pag and ranger/sin.  


If I ever get the need to play hunter again, I'll probably go back to my Jav/Bow build. Then I'll have 4 Aoes. Eh ..... maybe not.... dunno. Reason I moved away from it was because I was using a build for spamming Toxin for rotco mobs (I used to get nearly every rotco mob at linked events, purely because I had Arrow Bombing, and Wide shot in addition to all my jav skills).

Also, solo PVE they are sometimes better than warriors on grinding. They may typically kill one at a time, but they don't have pulling lags, and the overall damage per second is higher.  

Well 4 AoE's arent that much.Well i agree that hunters don't get parties but they rock for bosses if we are talking about PVE.

Eeh thats negotiable, warrior with somewhat decent gear can tank 3-5 mobs+ solo and kill and will take him somewhat more time then to hunter for killing 2 mobs.

But in pvp hunters are extremley usefull and strong.Not at all nerfed there.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8426
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedMar 11, 2013 6:14 pm
DarkSakimaru wrote:

Well 4 AoE's arent that much.Well i agree that hunters don't get parties but they rock for bosses if we are talking about PVE.

Eeh thats negotiable, warrior with somewhat decent gear can tank 3-5 mobs+ solo and kill and will take him somewhat more time then to hunter for killing 2 mobs.

But in pvp hunters are extremley usefull and strong.Not at all nerfed there.  


I'm referring to grinders Smile Grinders don't usually have level 80 gear killing level 80 mobs XD. Theo really hurts on a warrior until you get into that 73+ top with ele II or go dex mode.
PR hurts until you're in dreamy + ele II as well.

Hunters don't have to stop and sit XD.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3761
Location
Singapore
PostedMar 11, 2013 7:16 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
DarkSakimaru wrote:

Well 4 AoE's arent that much.Well i agree that hunters don't get parties but they rock for bosses if we are talking about PVE.

Eeh thats negotiable, warrior with somewhat decent gear can tank 3-5 mobs+ solo and kill and will take him somewhat more time then to hunter for killing 2 mobs.

But in pvp hunters are extremley usefull and strong.Not at all nerfed there.  


I'm referring to grinders Smile Grinders don't usually have level 80 gear killing level 80 mobs XD. Theo really hurts on a warrior until you get into that 73+ top with ele II or go dex mode.
PR hurts until you're in dreamy + ele II as well.

Hunters don't have to stop and sit XD.  
Grinder hunters also don't have your uber damage. Smile I've played both war/hunter in nub gear though only up to PR level for hunter. War always win in solo grind if the grinder has at least ele 1 except in the jump from FL to Lann. Under geared hunter rely heavily on deadly poison shot for damage on higher level mobs to gain 'better' exp. If we are killing same low level mobs solo, War always win.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
Joined
09 Nov 2009
Posts
1036
Location
Melville SK, canta land :) Canada
PostedMar 11, 2013 7:25 pm
CreamKerouac wrote:
I'm not asking for a solution or for a new patch, I'm asking for an answer. Trust me I've done my homework and have gone over so many of your posts about the topic (Avyn, Loiske, and Esme), which is why when it was announced several times by both a GM and a PM that a solution was in the making, I thought hey they finally listened. However, it has been a few months and the class that benifitted most from the recent enchant rescale is Fighter/Warrior. If rangers and mages don't see an improvement I'll just quit playing entirely when I get bored of my canta mage.  


nu they cant fix u!!!! then i'll die quicker then i do vs glad...

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: