madcat723

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Bellator pirates- Red cards are the only way to go

Is it just me or is Bellator Pirates the most viable. aside from whimsical lily and dark squire ruby all the great cards are Bellator. Especially since they have so many bellator + cannon skills my team only consist of bellator. I currently run Small Whirlwind Malina 7650atk +2 Bellator atk cannons, Nettle the Golden 7893 atk + 2 bellator atk cannons, Bucaneer Rosa 7831 atk, Water bearer Livonah 8275 atk and a pixie to use as an assit which I use ebony sorc 12k+atk and+2 to all atk cannons or I can use a 10k elsa. Thast a lot of dmg for a good atk cost. I also have Fireball reesa which i could swap out with livonah becasue of that scurvy crap.

They need to dish out more maquina cards with the current lacklusterof high end cards for them.
Advertisement

itsjoyjason

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Bellator pirates- Red cards are the only way to go

madcat723 wrote:
Is it just me or is Bellator Pirates the most viable. aside from whimsical lily and dark squire ruby all the great cards are Bellator. Especially since they have so many bellator + cannon skills my team only consist of bellator. I currently run Small Whirlwind Malina 7650atk +2 Bellator atk cannons, Nettle the Golden 7893 atk + 2 bellator atk cannons, Bucaneer Rosa 7831 atk, Water bearer Livonah 8275 atk and a pixie to use as an assit which I use ebony sorc 12k+atk and+2 to all atk cannons or I can use a 10k elsa. Thast a lot of dmg for a good atk cost. I also have Fireball reesa which i could swap out with livonah becasue of that scurvy crap.

They need to dish out more maquina cards with the current lacklusterof high end cards for them.  

Good luck fighting against a team of 5 maxed Chef Cecils... o.o;;
(You'll need it)

Jokes aside, Bellator cards do have a trend of having more ATK Stat. So you may want to pile them up in your attack crew.
However, they won't do so well in your defense crew, right? This is just as important as a good attack crew.

May I also ask how much that would cost? In guild brawls, without Kraken Draughts, you wouldn't even be able to attack 3 times with that crew, unless you pour all your stats into attack (which would really be dumb, because then you're a punching bag with your low DEF)

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 06, 2013 1:17 pm
As stated above, Bellator cards are generally engineered to be more offensive than the others, but that is not to say there aren't any good Attackers from other Nations. Sanctus defenitly has some powerful hitters too, such as the 2 Patricia alts, Ruby, Sapphire etc.

Up till now, it was Maquina who always seemed to miss the boat (Prophet Zahar, really?), but with Chef Cecil and the new Nekana card, that trend might finally change.

madcat723

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 2:54 pm
Sanctus has a couple good cards but bellator is the way to go for atk. Yeh i was reffering to bellator for atk not def. You only need a 3-2 win to win in gvg, a 5-0 win will yield more bp. Unless you have 4-5 unbeatable cards in your def crew youre going to get beat every time. since you can determine the order of when your pirates attack you can easily beat any def out there with the right cards. In gvg bp is determined by what rank they are curently in during the gvg as well as more bp for beating higher lvls and 4 or 5 wins. If you want optimum bp in gvg you attack the top ranked guys near the end of the gvg to get most bp. If you have a crap def youre going to get farmed but who cares. the bp yield will be really really low.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 06, 2013 4:19 pm
madcat723 wrote:
If you have a crap def youre going to get farmed but who cares. the bp yield will be really really low.  

You clearly haven't GvG'd long enough yet. Yes, having a weaker DEF means you give less BP, but at the same time, you'll also be attacked more (due to opponents having to use a lesser Cost ATK Team) and you're suspectible to attack from lower leveled Players.

So not only would you get hit more (which yields far greater BP than 1 strong attack), you're also setting yourself up to be attacked by the weaker players of the opposing Guild. In GvG, a Guild is as strong as its Member with the lowest DEF.

Yes, carefully planned attacks can break (almost) any Defense, but to say having a weak DEF doesn't matter couldn't be further from the truth.

madcat723

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 5:10 pm
of course people will farm you. but then again they are going to attack someone. theres no difference if one guy gets hit over the other if they are both on the bottom of the ranks.

Rosstein

Rank 0
Rosstein
PostedMar 06, 2013 5:45 pm
That's why I said a Guild is as strong as its Member with the weakest DEF...

And there IS a difference, when one can be farmed by a 5-Pixie Assault and the other can't.