Aeria.Mazinger

Aeria: Product Manager
Aeria.Mazinger
PostedMar 06, 2013 3:25 am
Euphoric77 wrote:
Just wanted to say thank you for your activity on the forums lately - I for one feel at least better in knowing our opinions are seen/heared. Thank you again.  

I will try to keep it up.
And if you do have any question and concern, please let me know, I will try to get you a answer.

Advertisement

Cacuga

Rank 1
Cacuga
PostedMar 06, 2013 9:12 am
If you have a min free along the day i will apreciate if you can read this.
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1917823

Thank you.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 10:24 am

Re: [Q & A] March week 1

Aeria.Mazinger wrote:

3. Clothing system is unfair.

The developer understands the situation, and they are looking at ways to address the issue. Don’t be discouraged yet, and wait for the March event, it should be out any day now. Once I have received the event, I will post it here right away. Meanwhile, I apologize for the wait.

There are lots of things not fair in this game:
-HS allowing knights to attack back row right away.
-Rage gain per attack/action of mage, knight, and archer. (does not consider Legend Gear)
-Someone is able to steal your crops even though you click on it as soon as you can.
-Others too lazy to list

I'd like to know what changes are being suggested with clothing? Why is the system unfair, it does the same for everyone? If clothing is changed I see be more rabble on now it is not fair. Bend to the will of the mob and you get anarchy.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 06, 2013 10:34 am

DingleMouse wrote:
Aeria.Mazinger wrote:

The developer understands the situation, and they are looking at ways to address the issue. Don’t be discouraged yet, and wait for the March event, it should be out any day now. Once I have received the event, I will post it here right away. Meanwhile, I apologize for the wait.

-Rage gain per attack/action of mage, knight, and archer. (does not consider Legend Gear)
-Someone is able to steal your crops even though you click on it as soon as you can.
-Others too lazy to list

I'd like to know what changes are being suggested with clothing? Why is the system unfair, it does the same for everyone? If clothing is changed I see be more rabble on now it is not fair. Bend to the will of the mob and you get anarchy.  

I think the "unfair" issue with clothing is that at the moment it is not available for non-cashers. Yes they will eventually be able to farm shards from spire and use these to make cores but the cores are useless without an initial fashion piece to upgrade. I am not aware of anyway that you can get a fashion piece other than through events which we have yet to be given.

The only fix I see that is needed here is possibly allowing the shards to be synthesised into clothing as well as cores. If that is done then there is nothing unfair about fashion. Cashers will always get stuff faster in games of this nature, and this is another such thing.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedMar 06, 2013 11:44 am

RollaR_50248 wrote:
DingleMouse wrote:
Aeria.Mazinger wrote:

-Others too lazy to list

I think the "unfair" issue with clothing is that at the moment it is not available for non-cashers. Yes they will eventually be able to farm shards from spire and use these to make cores but the cores are useless without an initial fashion piece to upgrade. I am not aware of anyway that you can get a fashion piece other than through events which we have yet to be given.

The only fix I see that is needed here is possibly allowing the shards to be synthesised into clothing as well as cores. If that is done then there is nothing unfair about fashion. Cashers will always get stuff faster in games of this nature, and this is another such thing.  
the bigest unbalnce of the game right now is the rage boost the clothes give if you remove the rage boost they give but leave the clothes for a diffrent look would be ok but to be able to start out with almost 80 rage + the lvl 50 talent stun skill to go with it no way to much heads up i heard over 40 % of the players saying they will give it 1 or 2 weeks more then they are leaveing game for good remove the rage from clothes half of inbalance gose away.

DingleMouse

Rank 0
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:20 pm

mpmd23 wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:
DingleMouse wrote:
Aeria.Mazinger wrote:

-Others too lazy to list

the bigest unbalnce of the game right now is the rage boost the clothes give if you remove the rage boost they give but leave the clothes for a diffrent look would be ok but to be able to start out with almost 80 rage + the lvl 50 talent stun skill to go with it no way to much heads up i heard over 40 % of the players saying they will give it 1 or 2 weeks more then they are leaveing game for good remove the rage from clothes half of inbalance gose away.  

Can't compare P2P vs F2P. There will always be advantages to P2P.

You can start out with 100 rage if you level your clothes high enough. To my knowledge there is no limit to clothing level. Not many people start out with 80+ rage. That would require PvP equipment (30 rage), highest medallion (+10 rage), and require two level 5 clothes & 1 level 6. Without the medallion would require 3 level 7 clothes. Getting clothing & wings to high levels is quite expensive currency wise since you need two of the same level to make a higher level. There is also a chance leveling your clothes will not work.

40% of players would leave or just 40% of the people you have talked to. I have not heard anyone mention quitting over this, I am not saying this is true or not.

There will always be rabble over changes. There will always be discussions over which class is OP. People will leave because of changes. etc.etc.etc. This is the progression of any game.

I have no issues with allowing F2P to have access to clothing, wings, etc. I doubt they will be as good.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedMar 06, 2013 12:29 pm

mpmd23 wrote:

The rage is just another stat given by gear. You might as well say take away the +10 rage per turn given by pve gear or +30 rage the pvp gear gives, or the +10 the medal gives (not sure if this one has been fixed yet but wasnt working the last time I checked). The fashion has a starting rage of +5 per piece, given the current expense of leveling that, it's nothing compared to what we already have. Btw - DingleMouse- the max level of clothing is level 10 I believe.

I don't know who your 40% of players are I've only heard discontent from a few players and most that I know do not feel so strongly about this that they wish to quit. And before you ask, no my friends and the people I talk to are not all OP cashers who already have fashion.

The real issue is the lack of availability of it at the present time for those who cannot or are unwilling to take on that expense. If something is made equally available to everyone then it cannot be considered unfair since everyone has a chance at getting it without being forced to get out the credit card. Of course p2p will always have advantages, but the advantages should be limited to how fast you can get something in game, not whether or not you can get it at all. That particular difference is my concern over the fairness... or lack of... fashion.

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedMar 06, 2013 5:56 pm
Fashions is just another way to push you to spend.
The Devs saw everyone was in pvp gear and since it cant be made legend they devised a way to push everyone to 40/50/60 gear instead of free pvp gear.

So now you will see Cashers using legend gear with fashion to offset the starting rage for the extra slot.

So 1.5 has turned the game into pay to play, pay alot to compete.

However this force change is Dev controlled not aeria, so aeria cant be blammed on this even though with past games aeria would have done this anyways just not at this age of the game for aeria would have been more like 6-9 months from now.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedMar 06, 2013 8:29 pm
Aeria.Mazinger wrote:
GodofAcid wrote:
Couple of things..

1. I don't really get why adding BG sessions is an issue.. I threw out a proposal of an SB type system where it runs every hour on the hour, but players are limited to participating twice a day. At that point they'd get a prompt if they tried to join that would tell them they're out of attempts, much like if we try to go to the Bounty Hall once 20 attempts are up. Could you explain why this isn't feasible?

2. Lag is definitely still an issue. I haven't found a way around it that's 100%. However, I would (and have been) recommending people try Opera browser as it seems to have solved some of the lag issue for nearly everyone who has tried it. For me, the main time I'm lagging now is when I bring up the guild screen, but other than that, it's pretty much eliminated all the other lag I was experiencing.

Thank you for your work on this stuff Maz, can see you're putting in a great deal of effort.  

1. The only reason being is because the worry of scatter participation if 9 sessions are offered per day.

2. We are working on a solution to fix the issue. Also, thank you for your advice!!  

Oh ok i see what you mean now by scattered participation.. it's quite literal.. was thinking it was a term I wasn't familiar with. Thank u much Smile

You've made me VERY angry..

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedMar 07, 2013 1:30 am
When I first started playing I noticed a "Gift" options with items in the shop purchased with Balens. Any chance this will be returning functional so we can gift our friends that aren't able to buy balens some items?

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist